[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
These Turkish Airlines™®© ads show more Gotham and Metro
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: 1459186717728.jpg (35 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
1459186717728.jpg
35 KB, 620x465
These Turkish Airlines™®© ads show more Gotham and Metropolis than the actual movie. Shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpk8eSpRBnY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TReIozZ1b10
>>
>>67591619
OP, you do realize Based Snyder is making a 3 hour extended cut of this movie? He was forced to cut down a lot of scenes. Hence why some of the subplots have bad pacing and editing.

Dw it will be much better.
>>
File: 1459166252954.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1459166252954.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>67591645
It's gonna fix everything, man, I tell ya.
>>
>>67591664
yes it will anon don't worry Snyder knows what he's doing. Kino ain't dead
>>
>>67591619
pretty sure we see a lot of metropolis
>>
>>67591645
>some of the subplots

The entire movie was badly paced and edited.
Never explains exactly why Jokerlex hates Superman either other than that he's an ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>3 hour extended cut

why would anyone want that

seriously

it was already an hour too long
>>
>>67591807
It was two and a half hours too long.
>>
>>67591782
>Never explains exactly why Jokerlex hates Superman either other than that he's an ABSOLUTE MADMAN
wow really? I listened to Jessie's interviews beforehand which made me entirely understand the character and his motivations.

Maybe you should have a watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-diYSVmQCE
>>
File: 1200.jpg (91 KB, 1200x550) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
91 KB, 1200x550
>>
>>67591867
... THIS IS FAKE DAMNIT!! It is stolen from Josh Trank's tweet
>>
>>67591782
>Never explains exactly why Jokerlex hates Superman either other than that he's an ABSOLUTE MADMAN
inferiority complex
cant stand him being good and decent and wants to undercut him
its basically a varient of dark knight joker wanting to show people they were wrong
>>
>>67591912
Kek of course it is I didn't even try to change the date
>>
>>67591849
Irrelevant. His character needed a reason to hate Superman, and the movie failed to provide one.

Remember how you got to watch Bruce resent Superman and Zod for fucking up Metropolis? It established the reason why he had beef with Superman and made the viewer sympathize with him, or at least understand where he was coming from (utterly ruined when Batman decided to be his bestie because their moms had the same name).

Jokerlex had no given motivation at all, and it made him out to be a silly crazy man who did wacky shit just because.
>>
>>67591959
>and the movie failed to provide one.
there clearly is one when you pay attention to his babbling about gods and power and infallibility and superman being good
>>
>>67591970
And even with lines like that, Eisenberg lacked the acting chops to make it seem personal. He just delivered the lines like he liked the sound of his own voice. He hated fucking up his own party speech more than he hated Superman.
>>
>>67591923

if only they had explained or showed this in any way

instead you have to get comic fags explaining the motives from the comics
>>
>>67591997
he did, his twitching and stammers and stops and starts and the way his dialogue jumps about is a lot of work
>>
>>67592032
>if only they had explained or showed this in any way
it is explained in the dialogue if you pay attention
What is SHOW DONT TELL, Alex?
>>
>>67592103
This faggot did the same shit. It doesn't require that much effort.
>>
>>67592131
>implying this disjointed shitfest was anything resembling subtle

It's one of the most hamfisted movies I've ever seen.
>>
>>67592167
and yet you demand explicit explanations of things you couldn't understand that I could understand clearly from following the dialogue
>>
>>67592428
He stated various aspects of the Superman as he saw them, and yes, this was understandable.

What he failed to accomplish, though, was expressing any emotional drive based on those facets.
That was the problem.

Don't blame the viewer for a movie's failures. Just accept the fact that you enjoyed a trainwreck of a flick that tried too hard to be something it wasn't.
>>
Truly BvS was
>2Deep4U: The Theatrical Edition
>>
>>67592659
It was abysmally shallow. Simple as everloving fuck.

If atrocious editing, bad acting, inappropriate music, and a story that shoehorned in as many sequel hints as humanly possible qualifies as "deep" then American cinema is officially fucking dead.
>>
File: mmm.gif (2 MB, 450x200) Image search: [Google]
mmm.gif
2 MB, 450x200
>>67592705
>It was abysmally shallow. Simple as everloving fuck.
Well, dubs. It is a Superheroes movie. You know, stuff for retards. You don't have to point obvious things, there is nothong wrong with it. It doesn't let you down because it was never ment to let you (and lead) to somewhere.
>If atrocious editing, bad acting, inappropriate music, and a story that shoehorned in as many sequel hints as humanly possible qualifies as "deep" then American cinema is officially fucking dead.
>American Cinema
Holy shit!!!
>>
>>67592904
The problem is in this awful fucking board, you have to state the obvious to these absolute dumbshits.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.