[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Interstellar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: ut_interstellarOpener_f.png (2 MB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
ut_interstellarOpener_f.png
2 MB, 1800x1200
What does /tv/ make of this?
>>
It's funny how they put so much effort into this to make it as scientifically accurate as possible and they still ruined the movie with general logical flaws.
Also, that talk about "love transcends blah blah" was so fucking cringy and dumb. The pacing in this movie was shit as well and the only likable character was TARS.
Absolute disappointment.
>>
>>67590454
its a masterpiece
>>
>>67591816
Agreed
>>
>>67591621
Yeah, it would have been better even if they kept the scenes the same with the time fuckery but removed all the love transcends dialogue.

It just seemed like such a weird juxtaposition with the science and engineering then go all chakras and woo.

I still liked it though.
>>
Every earth scene after launch is groan inducing.

I want to recut it to a solid space adventure but you'd have to butcher the score since half the film is in montage.
>>
>>67592296
That 70s dude getting punched in the teeth by farmer asshole was p.great
>>
>>67591816
This familio
>>
File: 1427687404681.png (801 KB, 850x979) Image search: [Google]
1427687404681.png
801 KB, 850x979
>>67590454
The whole movie was in the imagination of the pilot of the plane in TDKR.
It all happened in the moments before the plane crashes.
>>
File: gargantua.webm (3 MB, 720x314) Image search: [Google]
gargantua.webm
3 MB, 720x314
i thought it was an intriguing movie that got me interested in physics for a while. It has some flaws but it's still great science fiction
>>
2001: a space odyssey is the superior movie
>>
>>67592435
gee, no fucking shit
>>
>>67590454
I feel like the relationship between Murph and Coop was more heartfelt and better on screen than the relationship between DiCaprio and his injun son in Revenant
>>
>>67590454
/tv/ will say it's garbage but I think it's worth at least one watch
the soundtrack is pretty great if nothing else. I am just really into scifi so I'm pretty biased even if much of the physics in this movie are illogical
>>
>>67592458
because he was his wife's son.
>>
File: 1457942388598.gif (674 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
1457942388598.gif
674 KB, 245x180
>>67590454
It appears to be a binary star simultaneously collapsing into a black hole & supernova. Ohh, you meant the shit movie, didn't you?
>>
>>67592458
I teared up when he watched the 27 years worth of videos.
>>
>>67592505
what was illogical besides muh love and that ice planet?
>>
>>67592458
Oh absolutely.

The kid for young Murph did a damn good job.

The problems with this movie line in the last half of the script and not at all with the acting or effects.
>>
>>67592513
.....what?
>>
>>67592552
almost everything about the black hole
>>
Style over substance, sadly. The visual aspect, the music and the editing are all great but they serve a story that's basically two sub-par or unpublished Arthur Clarke novels mashed together. Should have made a choice between dying Earth, time-travel or emotions transending time.
>>
>>67592526
>binary star
>black hole
>supernova

You don't know what any of those things are do you?

It's hot gases falling into the event horizon of a black hole.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.