[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>what kills me makes me stronger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: doomsday.png (2 MB, 2535x1053) Image search: [Google]
doomsday.png
2 MB, 2535x1053
>what kills me makes me stronger
>>
I think they'll bring him back, but really he should be dead.

I mean its kryptonite, and they aren't gonna bring in black/red/whichever colour is the death one
>>
It was a lame recycle of the Hulk with a bit of Abomination thrown in

Snyder always does this recycling other films designs. The Kryptonian armor is straight out of Giger. The mechanical defense tentacles are straight out of the Matrix
>>
>>67590401
23 fucking years waiting for Doomsday to show up on the big screen.

Barely gets screen time.
Fight scene boring as fuck.
>>
>>67590468
what did Doomsday do in the comics? Show up. Destroy shit. Kill Superman.
>>
File: 2byLUlN.jpg (175 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
2byLUlN.jpg
175 KB, 500x370
>MFW Hack Snyder thinks doomsday has "lore"
>>
>>67590468
Your fault for being a fan of such a shit character.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for a live action Mxyzptlk.
>>
>>67590507
Shit like Mxy, Bizarro and the Bottle City of Kandor will never be in a Superman movie as long as Hack "Let's make Jimmy Olsen a CIA agent who gets shot in the head as a joke" Snyder is in charge.
>>
>>67590401
Actually in the movie it's more like

>the more energy I absorb the stronger I get
>>
>>67590488
>>67590507
It was a turning point for Superman comics. Which I had found boring. Doomsday shows up and has no motivation except to destroy things. His evolution is gradual, but it's one that spans several several pages.

It came down to Superman and Doomsday punching each other to death while wrecking up the city.

At the very least it should have been an all out brawl like the Zod one. I guess Snyder just gave up after MoS.
>>
>>67590539
which just totally screams "we needed to add more shit to doomsday to make him somewhat interesting"
>>
>>67590468
Did you notice his spikes were continuing to grow throughout the battle? My bet is that this Doomsday was just a tease. We'll eventually see him back in all his bone-plated glory.
>>
>>67590467
Snyder didn't design them. most concept artists in the movie industry are just hacks who are hired because they have the ability to make professional looking work, not because they're great designers
>>
>>67590579
The fuck? Are you retarded? They basically nerfed him.
>>
>>67590584
The director tells the production designers and concept artists what to do and signs off on them
>>
>>67590643
and added special shazam like powers to him to try and make him seem more than some massive punching bag.
>>
>>67590401
In a cruel experiment involving evolution, intended to create the perfect living being, the alien scientist Bertron released a humanoid infant (bornin vitroin a lab) onto the surface of the planet, where he was promptly killed by the harsh environment. The baby's remains were collected and used toclonea stronger version.
>>
>>67590539
Doomsday would evolve to adapt to whatever hurt him
>>
>>67590401
This fight was just visual noise. How are we expected to give a shit about a big bad that had literally been introduced 30 seconds ago?
>>
>>67590578
>His evolution is gradual, but it's one that spans several several pages.

Deepest lore. Several pages, you say?
>>
This is where I don't understand the Capekino contention.

People say, "Oh, they're just marvel shills who don't like anything that's not fun and for kids", but this whole end sequence is so Marvel and juvenile it hurts.

It's Capeschlock, pure and simple, with a big dumb CGI monster and everything.

That, and the movie isn't smart or well played, it's just a weird, tonally deaf mess in dour paint.

If you're going to make Capeschlock, make it; if you want to make a somber, pensive film, don't fucking put a retarded CGI monster fight at the end.
>>
Why didn't they bring Zod back to life and give him a Bizzaro suit?
>>
>>67590717
Not on a 400 million budget movie, the director doesn't, the production does
>>
>>67591300
>Implying the JL movie won't be evil Superman/Bizarro who snaps out of it because of Lois Lane (she's the key lmao) and just as that happens Darkseid appears as a cliffhanger for JL part 2.
Calling it now. Screencap this.
>>
>>67591300
That would have been a lot cooler than him becoming Doomsday
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.