[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Terminator Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: moto_terminator_screencap.jpg (34 KB, 580x275) Image search: [Google]
moto_terminator_screencap.jpg
34 KB, 580x275
Caught Salvation on tv at a hotel over the weekend on a trip.

I've always quite liked it, but I wanted to see what /tv/ thinks. I thought the action sequences were tops, and it's one of my favorite depictions of post-Apocalyptic Earth in movies. Something about it just kinda clicks.

Anyways in order to get some discussion going:

T2 > Salvation > The Terminator > Rise of the Machines

Haven't seen Genisys. Don't plan to either.
>>
Wew. This thread is sad.

Have a pity bump.
>>
Bump?
>>
>>67590091
It was mediocre. T2 > T1 > Salvation > T3 > Genisys
>>
>there will never be another good Terminator movie
>>
>the terminator is a motorcycle that cant aim for shit

why would skynet be this dumb?
>>
>>67590091
It wasn't bad, but it's not worthy of its name.
>>
>>67591568
Objectively correct rankings.
I think Salvation is criminally underrated, Genisys is just garbage and T3 is too goofy to be taken seriously.
>>
>>67590091

>Sam Worthington

put it in the trash
>>
>>67591862
It's literally his best role.
>>
>>67590091
Salvation is a generic action flick. You can watch it and like it, but you will never see it again and will not remember much of it in a month.
>>
>>67591908
I've watched it four or five times. I actually remember it quite keenly.

Especially the gas station sequence and the mine field thing.

Maybe you just have a shit memory?
>>
1. 10/10 The Terminator
2. 8/10 Terminator 2: Judgment Day
3. 5/10 Terminator Salvation
4. 3/10 Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
5. 2/10 Terminator Genisys

The Terminator I actually believe to be a perfect movie.
>>
>>67591929
Yes I do, but only for shit movies

>>67591960
Why did you give only 8 to T2? It's a perfect action movie (theatrical cut).
>>
>>67591988
>a perfect action movie
>action
>rating movies by genre
Get the fuck out.
>>
>>67591929

Maybe you just have shit taste.
>>
I think Alice in Chains made surprisingly good postapoc music.

Other than that...um....the costumes were ok?
>>
>>67591568
genisys was shit but I never get the hate for t3, it was good dumb fun
>>
>>67592022
Oh yeah, I forgot I was supposed to use the flick/film/kino/whatever rating.
>>
>>67591988
>Why did you give only 8 to T2? It's a perfect action movie
I don't like that it changed the laws of time-travel established in the first movie, and I also wasn't a fan of the changes to Sarah's character - or her motivations throughout the entire film, honestly.
Don't get me wrong, it's still an excellent film, it's just not a perfect one.
>>
>>67592047
>it was good dumb fun
>Just turn yer brain off bro! haha
Get the fuck out.
>>67592048
No worries lad
>>
>>67592070
Fuck. Thank you.
>>
>>67591771
Not as dumb as metal skellingtons driving trucks at skynet. I suppose skellingtons also monitor security cameras via displays, write reports manually and bring them to director skell. There are also skeltal janitors that keep place clean, skelly secretary that brings oil and batteries for lunch etc. So termicycles is a huge development for skynet, born from major advancements in robotech: "dude... dude, listen... imagine the world where we don't have to fall off the bikes... whoa... the new generation of killing machines, iBike. To fight bikes we must became bikes, perfect. If only all the stairs vanished from this world". So before the new model of liquid terminator motorcycles, termicycles are carried by metal skellos on second floor for briefing before missions.
>>
>>67592047
I don't hate it, it is just worse then Salvation
>>
>>67590091

T1
T2
T3
Salvation
Genisys

Only T1 and 2 are actually good but T3 is that right level of fucking stupid that its kind of enjoyable in the right light. Salvation is wet shit all over.
>>
>>67592088
kek
>>
>>67592073
what would you want from t3 then, t2 again?
>>
File: MyHandsAreALittleDirty.jpg (76 KB, 656x436) Image search: [Google]
MyHandsAreALittleDirty.jpg
76 KB, 656x436
>>67592181
Just look at this shit
>>
>>67591568
This guy is correct
>>
>>67592194
A good movie.

As it stands, it's just a mediocre flick.

Also a not shitty John Carter.
>>
Salvation is hugely underrated. It's also the only movie that's actually interested in exploring something other than rehashing the first movie.
>>
File: Mr.Connor_i_am_skynet.jpg (39 KB, 612x274) Image search: [Google]
Mr.Connor_i_am_skynet.jpg
39 KB, 612x274
>>67592210
May i check your documents, sir? How long have you been driving? What is in the truck?
>>
File: 1440004146857.jpg (6 KB, 164x216) Image search: [Google]
1440004146857.jpg
6 KB, 164x216
>>67590091
>Teminator Salvation
>robo fish scene

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>67592378

>implying they weren't leftover bits of Doc Ock
>>
>>67592088

All the goodwill for actually trying was lost when it was decided to incorporate a USB port on the death machines.

I wish they had allowed the 'Salvation' timeline/style to continue though, it could have been great.
>>
Genisys was almost ok until that jump to 2017. Fuck that movie was retarded.
>>
>>67592088

I seem to remember that the Sarah Conner chronicles established or hinted at establishing a good reason why they were still being designed to look like humans but I can't remember what it was other than 'they (some of them) wanted to be like humans and work with them'.
>>
>>67592498
I rewatched it not too long ago but I can't remember any other reason than what you just pointed out (Allison From Palmdale is what you're talking about)
>>
>>67592498
>wanted to be like humans
>wanted
What the fuck
>>
>>67591568
>>67590091
T2 > T1 > T3 > T4 > T5
>>
>>67592854
Salvation is better in my personal opinion. It tries to do something new without mummy Arnie, girl hi tech thermos and general stupidity. It also has a nice post apoc aesthetic.
In perfect world:
T2 > T1 == T3*
*T3 is based on T2 sequences about future war, movie is about resistance, full of memories and dreams about lost world, commentary on self destructive human nature and general grimdark
>>
>>67592827

I can't really remember and it wasn't properly elaborated on due to being cancelled but there appeared to be a rogue faction of Terminators led by a T-1000/liquid metal model who had been working with/attempting to work with Connor in the future (one of the big points was that some of the resistance wanted Connor eliminated because he had holed himself up with reprogrammed Terminators and was avoiding humans). Series ended with that T-1000 taking a young Connor to the future with her.

Details could be sketchy there, but the implication was that Skynet or at least some self aware faction of its machines wanted to become 'more human' and were utilising time travel, a relationship with Connor and some human experimentation (in psychology and physiology) to do so.

Why they 'wanted' to I don't know. Something about trying to become more like their maker or some wank like that. I was mostly in it for the special feeling that Lena Heady gave me.
>>
>>67593238
>why they 'wanted' to I don't know.
Didn't they just want peace and live together with the humans?

Also
>Series ended with that T-1000 taking a young Connor to the future with her.
That wasn't her initial plan though, John only wanted to go to save Cameron.
>>
>>67593062
>It tries to do something new without mummy Arnie, girl hi tech thermos and general stupidity

Instead you get CGI arnie (southern dubbed deleted Arnie alternatively), Helena Buttum Skynet and Da robot gave his heart so john conner could live.

At least T3 had a good ending and that chase scene in the middle. Salvation was generic action movie which just added dumb shit to the mythos.

Although the proposed ending to Salvation would have completely redeemed it.
>>
>>67593238
Thanks

>>67593406
John wanted to save Cameron so that he can make movies about Terminators? Why the plot is so convoluted, timelines and even realities are all messed up.
>>
>>67593664
It stopped making sense after T2
Maybe if Fox didn't axe the show things would've been explained to make sense (to a certain extent)
>>
>>67593406

I've got no idea what they wanted. I'm trying to remember what role the 'Turk' AI played in all of this. Was it 'destined' to become Skynet or did the rogue Terminators want it to become Skynet in order to change Skynet or as the basis of something else? It's been too long for me to remember details.
>>
File: True Detective Mind Blown.gif (2 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
True Detective Mind Blown.gif
2 MB, 300x252
>>67593664
>John wanted to save Cameron
oh mY GOD IS THAT WH--
>>
>>67593745
The way I see things it was likely for the Turk to become Skynet. Then the rogue terminators got a hold of it and thus John Henry was made. There's another AI out there that attacked John Henry so that's probably Kaliba building Skynet
>>
>>67593874

Fuck, I'd totally forgotten about John Henry. I need to go and watch it again. Hadn't even thought about Terminator for months and now I can feel myself starting to froth about multiple timelines and pictures of Sarah.

I should go and tidy my wife's sons room to calm down.
>>
>>67590091

Stupid giant robots.
Shitty CGI Arnie.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.