[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would you cast as Severian in a Book of the New Sun adaptation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: aisv36xqnrgfrsmdm2qf.png (503 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
aisv36xqnrgfrsmdm2qf.png
503 KB, 636x358
Who would you cast as Severian in a Book of the New Sun adaptation?
>>
Robert Pattinson

Meme all you want but he's the perfect fit. That or Tom Felton
>>
How would you even turn these books into movies or a TV show?
>>
I would fucking rip off my left arm to see a faithful Soldier of the Mist film.
>>
>>67586177
>muh subtext
The overt action is interesting enough to carry a series.
>>
>>67586155
that's pretty good
>>
>>67586177
It would definitely have a different tone to the books, but that doesn't mean it would be bad. I mean, the plot is simple enough, and the visuals would be amazing.
>>
Idris Elba
>>
Would you have the art direction follow genre standard medieval fantasy or foreground the sci-fi elements?
>>
>>67586108

Olga Kurylenko

Because it's 2016
>>
>>67586568
he could make a good Typhon
>>
>>67586588
get Don Maitz to do the concept art, then get prop/set designers to work off of that
>>
>>67586329
The only good part about these books is the way they are written.

Don't pretend it's a good story.
>>
>>67586601
she could be the bitch Severian fucks at that party before he bails out of Thrax
>>
>>67586670
The story is fine, journey styled stories work better for visual mediums anyways
>>
>>67586670
So it's like Watchmen where adapting it to other mediums misses the point?
>>
>>67586670
It's an awesome story with amazing moments which would translate perfectly into film.

Deep grokkers don't give Wolfe enough credit.
>>
>>67586670
>implying the giant water woman scene wouldn't be kino as fuck
>>
I really have no idea who should play Severian. He's going to be behind a mask the whole time so all he needs is to be is pale, muscled, and have the ability to act. So, probably some unknown.
In terms of other characters,
Gary Oldman as Dr. Talos
Carey Mulligan as Dorcas
Ariel Winter as Jolenta
Rami Malek as Jonas
Paul Dano As Baldanders
Michael Cera as The Autarch
>>
Dubsman Bale
>>
>>67587478
>He's going to be behind a mask the whole time so all he needs is to be is pale, muscled, and have the ability to act
Tom Hardy.
>>
>>67587478
What about Cory Michael Smith?
Just imagine he banged some weights around.
>>
>>67586177
Book of the Long Sun would make a very good epic, but Book of the New Sun would probably be shit without a very specific vision in mind.
>>
>>67587534
>Tom Hardy
this desu
>>
I read the first book of the quadrilogy. Unless it's supposed to start that slow it's highly overrated.

Lord of Light does unreliable narrative 100 times better in one book.
>>
>>67587478
>Ariel Winter as Jolenta
>not daddario

MAKE IT HAPPEN CHOSEN PEOPLE
>>
>>67587746
Claw of the Conciliator and Citadel of the Autarch are peak moments of the series.
>>
>>67587810
Ill go back to it after finishing The First Law trilogy then.

All I thought of Book 1 was that for a torturer, he didnt really do a lot of it.
>>
>>67587848
he doesn't do much until he gets the sword Terminus Est and eats his crush
>>
>Severian

Why are all these fantasy names so generic? Why can't his name be Xrr'bazi or something?
>>
File: St.Severian.jpg (114 KB, 710x868) Image search: [Google]
St.Severian.jpg
114 KB, 710x868
>>67587936
None of the words in BOTNS are fantastical
>>
>>67587936
Why? Such a dumb nitpick.
>>
IDRIS ELBA YOU FUCKING RACISTS
>>
>>67587936
because contrived, impossible to pronounce names suck. I hope you never write fantasy
>>
>>67587146
>Autistic savant walking around scoring crazy pussy and not understanding anything around him.
>Good story.

>>67586776
Yeah, it's more like a really, really technically well written book. The story takes a back seat to the word craft.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.