[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his end goal? If he wanted to be immortal why didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
What was his end goal? If he wanted to be immortal why didn't he just remain hidden.
>>
he was basically wizard hitler, he considered wizards superior to muggles and thought wizards shouldnt have to hide and should rule over them, and that wizard/muggle mixing was an abomination that needed to be stopped
>>
>>67583659
Was he right? only time will tell...
>>
File: 1458672705273.jpg (1 MB, 1648x2881) Image search: [Google]
1458672705273.jpg
1 MB, 1648x2881
>>67583627
He wanted to escape the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King
>>
>>67583717
>>67583659
no he wasn't right

in this universe you yourselves would be the persecuted (both of you don't have wizard blood)
regardless of what you say you don't actually want wizards to start murdering people or basically starting a totalitarian state

although I don't really know if that was his plan, I think it was more just taking over the wizard government and that's it
he was a dick though for sure

>>67583803
is 10 cents a post really worth it? Couldn't you be doing something better with your time?
>>
File: 1419351854227.jpg (379 KB, 979x1267) Image search: [Google]
1419351854227.jpg
379 KB, 979x1267
>>
Basically he wanted people to suck his dick, figuratively speaking.
>>
Go ask /lit/ where this pleb trash is now accepted you fucking reject
>>
>>67583659
lolno, thats was what Dumbledore and grindlewald thought and wanted to do.

Voldemort was just a sociopath who hated everyone and enjoyed causing pain and terror.
>>
>>67584132

Replace avatar with Pocahontas, why would he watch a remake instead the original
>>
>>67584132
>citizen bane

best version
>>
>>67584132
>citizen bane

almost went unnoticed
>>
File: 1458944017660.png (463 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458944017660.png
463 KB, 500x500
>>67584896
>>67584558
>>
>>67583803
go to bed bloom
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.