[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My wife's daughter is insisting I go see this movie with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Deadpool-834516798-large.jpg (162 KB, 823x1200) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool-834516798-large.jpg
162 KB, 823x1200
My wife's daughter is insisting I go see this movie with her, but I think she's a pleb. Is it good or typical capememe schlock?
>>
definitely not typical capememe schlock, but it is sort of a parody of it, which may be too close to the real thing fo your tastes.

Do you like Ryan Reynolds comedies in general?
>>
>>67582897

I don't know who he is but thanks for the rec
>>
>>67582846

Fuck her after the movie if you know what I meme
>>
>>67582846
It's ok, but kind of hit and miss overall. The parody and 4th wall breaks were refreshing in a capeshit movie, but it goes out of it's way trying pull fart humor type shit and it can barely go a few seconds without a bad joke. Basically what you'd expect from a Ryan Reynolds comedy.
>>
Definitely not the same tone-deaf trash that most capeshit is. Not a "great" movie but a good comedy. You don't need to avoid it.
>>
>>67582846
Deadpool is actual capekino
>>
>>67582846
It's good. Humor ranges between the odd cringe to the odd chuckle, best feature is that the brutality allowed the action to be above average.
>>
>>67582846

It's a good movie overall. There's tons of lowbrow humor, which honestly just didn't make me laugh, but there's also some genuine wit, especially when he breaks the fourth wall.

Plus, it felt like an honest movie. That is, it felt like it was exactly the movie the writer/director/Reynolds wanted to make; it wasn't focused-grouped-to-death schlock. So even though there were plenty of jokes I didn't laugh at, I still appreciated it as a movie.
>>
>>67582846
Felt less corporate than the big capeshit, which already made it noteworthy. Some genuine laughs. Decent action. 7.5/10.
>>
My wife's daughter did the same with BvS, but when I went to get popcorn she ditched me. I didn't see her until after the movie was over. She decided to sit with this nice young man D'Brickashaw. Must have slept through the movie though because she didn't remember a thing.
>>
File: 798.png (306 KB, 593x540) Image search: [Google]
798.png
306 KB, 593x540
>wifes daughter
>>
>>67582846
Reminder that Jesse is Lex JUNIOR in BvS, not the real Lex. It's confirmed, stop shitposting that he was a bad Luthor.
>>
File: 1457307702107.jpg (24 KB, 387x461) Image search: [Google]
1457307702107.jpg
24 KB, 387x461
My wife's girlfriend is asking that I use my monthly theater privilege to see the movie with her. She secured permission from my wife but now I am afraid that it will not only be a waste of time, but a waste of monthly theater privilege. She insists that I will like it, acknowledging that I like "weird" movies and music, but I'm wondering what I should do.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.