[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you have fixed it, /tv/? I would've cut an hour
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: JUST.jpg (64 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
64 KB, 900x563
How would you have fixed it, /tv/?

I would've cut an hour off the runtime, focused the film more on Batman/less on Clark and developed Wonder Woman's role
>>
What a shitty fucking idea.
>>
Would have kept all the cut scenes and reached 3 hours they originally had. Movie was fucking amazing and would have shit my pants had I seen that communion scene live.
>>
>>67581733
lose almost all subplots
it's about batman and him being concerned about superman (after MoS, just like the movie) so investigating him and learning who he is
meanwhile clark kent and lois are investigating the violent vigilante in gotham (because superman doesn't kill, is a farm boy for kansas and wants to make sure he isn't going overboard)
batman would also use non-lethal techniques
nothing about wonder-woman or justice league
maybe lex luthor so they can fight against someone at the end but make him something more akin to what he was in all-star superman or the animated series-- a genius, gadget-making madman who felt he was better than everyone until superman came along
not a crazy person muttering shit about "false gods" and lame metaphors
i don't understand how a movie with this much appeal can be this aggressively opaque, depressing, grim and overly complicated
not that it's too smart for anyone-- it's just an excited little boy spouting random shit while playing with his toys and making violent noises
maybe some of it makes sense if we ask questions and think about it but who would want to spend time with that asshole kid?
>>
Some minor tweaks would have gone a long way.

>Edit the first dream sequence so there isn't that retarded shot of Bruce being lifted by the bats, just cut it with the bats flying out
>Remove the second and third dreams entirely
>Add a scene to briefly show how Luthor deduced who the two heroes really were
>Extend the actual Batman v Superman fight
>No Doomsday fight, he's only teased towards the end being grown in the ship. That also gets rid of the unnecessary death.
>No Wonder Woman reveal, just have her teased by tracking Luthor so she can get her picture back.
>Return the Communion scene to the film.

I think that would fix the film tremendously.
>>
>save metahuman hard drive reveal for later to set up JL movie better and fan service
>make bin al-affleki less autistic
>take out wonder womyn completely until the end with the reveal as stated before
>replace her with selina kyle for the theft bit
>>
>>67581972
>replace her with selina kyle for the theft bit
again?
>>
>>67581996
i forgot to add we need a cia plane scene
>>
>>67581733
Hire a director who's not an Ayn Rand fanboy.
>>
>>67581733
>More on Batman/Less on Clark
Man of Murder was barely in this movie as is and you want even less of him? Need I remind you this was originally supposed to be MoS 2? Why is everyone on this fucking earth gay for batman?
>>
>>67581733
take out doomsday take out wonderwomen take out lex

batman vs superman

movie fixed
>>
> Call it Batman and Superman: World's Finest, that way people know the main draw isn't seeing them fight, but to see them work together
> Batman steals the krypotnite much earlier in the film, and it is clearly stated that lex allowed Batman to steal it to manipulate them or some shit. Lex's plan in the movie made no sense
> that way, we can get the fight out of the way earlier (it would end in a stalemate when they realize they're being manipulated) so we can see them actually team up and form a friendship. We watch both character grow as they debate methods and ideologies, and soon they realize although their methods aren't the same, they fight for justice and begin warming up to each other. Batman will even crack a joke at Superman
> Batman doesn't kill
> Superman isn't such an incompetent mopey fuckup
> Cut doomsday, replace with Metallo. Ties with Lex better and Batman can actually help in that fight unlike only getting one shot on Doomsday
> Teasers like the laptop or the flash is for post credit stuff, really disrupted the flow
> Cut Wonder woman and recast anyway
> Recast Lex, make Eisenberg Riddler

Idk give me more time and I'm sure I could've come up with a more solid script
>>
>no doomsday make him bizarro or metallo
>recast lex, make him not confront superman directly by kidnaping his mother so it won't be associated with criminals , he don't know they true identities and end running for senator
>superman smile all the time except in home as clark when he show his humanity
>wonder woman just referenced in the metahumans files
>no flashback or visions of the future
>no batman's parents death (already used it too many times)
>long-running scenes with continuity not just jump from one to another
>>
>>67581733
I'd cut Superman out entirely. Then go from there.
>>
>>67581733
> a movie that was last second cut to remove an R rating and reduce run time
LETS CUT MORE
>>
Hire a competent director.
>>
>>67581733
>Make a solo Ben Affleck Batman movie first, so you can put all the backstory and reasons for his dark, murderous tendencies in there
>Make a MOS 2 which focuses on society's reaction to the destruction of Metropolis/existence of Superman thereby eliminating that subplot from this movie
>Make a Wonder Woman solo movie which fully explains her backstory
>Then release this movie without wasting time on character intros/backstory, still have a Batman/Superman showdown, but don't do such a sloppy, rushed job of introducing the rest of the JL
>>
>>67583285
a movie that's left people feeling so confused that some assholes are confusing that with complexity
it's basically incoherent
things happen and happen and happen
nothing is of any consequence
e.g.: lois lane throws away the spear just for her to have to come back to get it later-- and all in a matter of minutes
so we have a scene that's completely useless, takes time off the main fight and bloats the runtime in an already overlong film
it's really just shockingly amateurish
>>
>>67582150
Because Fledermausmann is more relatable. Being a billionaire still makes you relatable than being a borderline god. He's just a rich fuck with the skills to beat the shit out of everyone, or investigate this shit out of everything, and occasionally needs the use of technology that only millions of dollars can buy. Which more people can relate to than "Fuck you, I can shoot a laser out of my eye and fry you like a filet of catfish". I say this as a Spawn, DC, Deadpool, and Punisher capeshit comic fan.
>>
>>67581733
Reminder that Jesse is Lex JUNIOR in BvS, not the real Lex. It's confirmed, stop shitposting that he was a bad Luthor.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.