[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's hyped for an AQUAMAN MOVIE???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

...anyone?
>>
Cough
>>
File: Batfleck.jpg (102 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
Batfleck.jpg
102 KB, 786x393
Only DC movie I care about is The Batman.
>>
Bevas Doj has destroyed all my hype.
>>
He's pretty cool in the comics.
>>
EXCITEMENT OF MOVIE VS MAN OF AQUA
>>
File: ronondex2.jpg (14 KB, 236x353) Image search: [Google]
ronondex2.jpg
14 KB, 236x353
>>67580333
Jason Momoa playing a character who lives in an ancient city of Atlantis? I'm interested.
>>
I got chills during that scene in BvS.

I'm so excited. Underwater things freak me out.
>>
>>67580378
This. I just want a full DCCU reboot.
>>
File: MCU vs DCCU.png (817 KB, 2912x1240) Image search: [Google]
MCU vs DCCU.png
817 KB, 2912x1240
>>67580630
This tbqh.

Look at this failure.
>>
Not really hyped, but I'm curious to see how a realistic rendition of such a silly character turns out.
>>
>>67580333
I am. And is nobody gonna talk about how in a movie with so many badass motherfuckers that fucking aquaman managed to be the most badass of all of them? Seriously who the fuck saw that coming?
>>
>>67580579
/tv/ VS A DEAD HORSE
>>
Why didn't they just give him golden scale armor if they wanted to redesign him?
>>
>>67580333
I would be

if Green Lantern wasn't such a wreck.

or if Man of Steel wasn't terrible.

or if Batman v Superman was remotely decent.

or if it was a slim Aryan King instead of muh khal drogo with ebin dreadlocks XD

>>67580630
agreed. love both DC and marvel comics media (comics, some of the cartoons, video games, etc)

marvel has done well in live action with the characters i love

DC just slaps them on the screen, appealing to the lowest common denominator desperate for avengers-hype money
>>
>>67580856
Because muh realistic grimdark universe.
>>
>should we go the marvel route and do faithful casting to the comics main heroes and save the token minority shit for the sidekicks in the individual movies?
>no way senpai just diversify our shit up look at how well it worked for f4!
>>
>>67580649
how long did you spend making this faggot?
>>
If you don't count batflick I think it looks it might be DC's next best solo superhero movie.
>>
>>67580649
This makes no sense on purpose you're making it out like marvel is so deep it's not. I like marvel comics but the movies are not as complex as those.
>>
As a kid I had an aquaman action figure, but he could never stand up because of his "hitler salute/punch" action was triggered by squeezing his legs so it was always super awkward to play with. He'd always just fall over and was generally not as useful as my other toys. Eventually child me just decided that Aquaman was a paraplegic and I stuck that figure in a lego wheelchair.

I've always viewed aquaman as worthless and a joke, and I doubt that's going to change with this movie.
>>
So would the Aquaman movie pretty much be the Thor of the DC Extended Universe?
>>
>>67581031
The MCU bit took about an hour to make sure I had everything correctly connected.

DCCU took a minute and a half.
>>
>>67580333
DUDE SEAWEED LMAO
>>
>>67581021
I don't know much about superhero comics but I'm pretty sure Aquaman is a side character.
>>
>>67581180
>has his own standalone movie planned
>side character

Come on now
>>
>>67580649
>>67580945
DC's biggest failure was not connecting shows to movies, in order to establish continuity. Then it was DvSDoJ, then MoS.
>>
I am. So fucking ready.
>>
>>67581319
To be disappointed. Sure.
>>
>>67581257
A lot of heroes have their own standalone movies but they're not exactly big, especially from the average viewer's perspective.
>>
Why is he holding a Lacrosse stick?
>>
>>67581370
Ironman isn't black but his sidekick is

Captain America isn't black but his sidekick is

Ant man isn't black but his sidekick is

Thor isn't a jewish woman but his sidekick is

DC needs to realise people want adaptions not oc donut steal fanfiction
>>
>>67581469
Falcon isn't a sidekick.
>>
File: 1439972638664.png (440 KB, 548x543) Image search: [Google]
1439972638664.png
440 KB, 548x543
>>67581588
>Falcon isn't a sidekick.
>>
>>67581391
That's his superpower...
>>
File: fuck no.jpg (52 KB, 630x600) Image search: [Google]
fuck no.jpg
52 KB, 630x600
>>67580333
>that clip of him that looked like a l'oreal commercial where he looks so uncomfortable under water blinking his eyes so much

this is just getting sad
>>
>>67581055
He's not making it look deep. The movies and shows are connected that way. Only thing I'm iffy about is the inclusion of movies before Iron Man 1 and cartoons, but other than that he's not wrong.
>>
>>67580333
not even his mom lol
>>
>>67580333
I don't get this meme, sure no one should care about this movie, but with jason momoa as Aquaman I'm hyped as fuck and people should be too.
>>
>>67580649
Where's Iron Fist?
>>
>>67580581
Wasn't he also in baywatch? Kinda sea related
>>
>>67581469
Who the fuck cares whether the actor cast to play a super hero (who usually has like 100 different story arcs, oridgins and interpretations) looks like the guy from the comics or not? That's why "capeshit" is a real thing and not just a meme, most of the critique these films get is irrelevant. I've seen grown people complain about things like "How can Batman kill?", Batcave not really being a bat cave and shit like that. So out of touch with reality.
>>
Maybe. It all depends on the writing.
>>
>>67581799
Oh shit, they're making an Iron Fist movie?

Guess I'll have to update the chart then!
>>
>>67580333

what's there to be hyped about, all the DC movies are depressing dystopias with a big battle at the end, there's no joy to be had

i guess DC movies are too smart for me, i fell for the capeshit is supposed to be fun escapism meme
>>
If they get rid of Snyder and his ideas, yes
>>
>>67581869
People go to these movies to see a cartoon character in live action

Not some faggot with nothing in common with said character except for his name doing whatever the director who hates the source material thinks is good

There's a reason marvel is successful and it's because they've gone beyond the whole let the director do whatever he wants because whatever bullshit he comes up with will automatically be better than the source material while Fox and WB are still letting absolute hacks like Trank and Snyder call the shots
>>
>>67581697
You can tell that was shot in 30 minutes to include in the movie... just like they included Wonder Woman's pic with Chris Pine and the other actors from the movie that was taken in last December.
>>
>>67581993
>There's a reason marvel is successful
Yeah, the fact they got there first when cape movies became a Hollywood standard rather than something which is done occassionally.

Thing with Marvel is most of the heroes from their already produced movies are recognizable by their costumes. You could put literally anyone who's similar to Chris Evans in Captain's costume and most peopel wouldn't even notice, same with Batman etc. I'm talking about the optical aspect now. Aquaman is a different case, because he doesn't have much of a costume, especcially when it comes down to DC wanting to have realism in its movies. With this said, an Aryan Prince Aquaman wouldn't just work so well in a live action movie, you're looking for some guy who looks like he can live underwater and turth is, Momoa looks the part. It's the same case with Watchmen's squid, it may have worked in the original source (which was released years ago after all), but it would look retarded in a modern movie.
>>
>>67582364
And yet Amber Heard is playing Mera
>>
>>67580370
That should be the title
>>
>>67580649
Still missing Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders, Shazam (Cpt. Marvel)
>>
>>67580581
Wasn't he also in stargate.. Atlantis??
>>
>>67582482
I don't even know who Mera is and most people who're gonna watch it don't either.
>>
>>67580649

It's sad the fucking CW TV shows do a better job of creating a DC cinematic universe than the damn movies.
>>
>>67582019

I remember being startled at how bad the CGI was for Cyborg's scene.
>>
>>67582529
Black Panther & Captain Marvel are on there, I just haven't updated it since last month.
>>
>>67581083
Mamoa looks like they're going for the 90's underwater Conan version of Aquaman, so yes.
>>
>>67582642
Another underwater person retard
>>
>>67580333
Only if they make an aquaman movie with Bane and CIA.
>>
>>67581973
Snyder isn't directing in the first place. James Wan is.
>>
>>67580333
Me
>>
>>67582902
Yeah, I got that from googling her, what I actually meant was "Why should I care who they cast"
>>
I want it over and done with so James Wan can get to work on ROBOTECH.
>>
>Diverse casting

Its already won in my book. Marvel's slavish commitment to adapting comic books from the pre-Civil Rights Era, and the lack of diversity in said books, is really holding me back from truly enjoying their content. There was a clickbait article about BvS being like Donald Trump that I read today, but if anything Marvel is like them since they constantly enforce this narrative of going back to a time when these characters were "great again" - meaning another white Spiderman, a needlessly white Antman with illegal immigrant sidekick, indistinguishable black sidekicks for all the main heroes, etc.

Its just shameful
>>
>>67582529
>Shazam (Cpt. Marvel)
He better fucking be called Capt. Marvel in the movie.
>>
>>67582956
Snyderverse still.
>>
>>67581308
>connect Supergirl to the DCCU and Arrow to the DCCU
they are shit shows and you should feel like shit for being retarded
>>
>>67583002
Yeah but hopefully after BVS's reception he won't have any involvement in it other than a token producer credit.

I like Mamoa and the look so if they can just get rid of him I could see it being good.
>>
>>67583048
I have been more entertained by bad episodes of Flash, Arrow even Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow than by either Man of Fail or Dawn of Injustice.
>>
>>67580333

Suicide Squad looks better than BvS because it's going to be a "lol so randumb" movie in the vein of GotG and Deadpool. TDK was DC succeeding at making a dark, mature superhero film. BvS was DC failing miserably at making a dark, mature superhero film. Since there's really no way to make an Aquaman film other than making it a comedy, it should be better than most of the other Snyder Universe films.
>>
>>67580333
I'm excited for it but a couple of things have me worried.

1. Aquaman can talk underwater but I have no idea how this is going to be presented in a movie that won't be goofy as fuck. The idea of Mamoa having a long monologue with a warbly underwater filter over makes me cringe.

2. Action scenes underwater are generally boring because everyone moves so slowly. See the action scenes in Thunderball that are sped up because of this and look like complete shit. I guess they can have some action scenes in an underwater city or something but that seems like a waste of the concept.

3. Aquaman can breath underwater but obviously Mamoa can't so they'll have to film at least the close ups greenscreen on a set and make it look like he's underwater which could look really cheesy if they skimp on the budget.
>>
>>67583224
Eh, I like Ayer but he seems terrible at comedy scenes. Have you seen Sabotage?
>>
>>67583206
You are a selfdefeating dope
Those shows would be agents of shit tier if they were in the movie verse
The flash show would definitely not exist, supergirl probably not, and LoT of course not. It would just be Arrow, Birds of Prey, etc bllshit
>>
>>67582950
they took a submarine instead of a plane and got lost, bane didn't sink the sub because he cant swim
>>
>>67583206
The fact that you can find any entertainment out of a shitty episode of Arrow, or what I call Felicity feat. Arrow, just shows how truly fucking stupid you marvel cuck really are.
>>
Anyone got the webm of wonder woman clicking the meta human viral videos?
>>
>>67580333
>*cricket sounds*
>>
is that a fucking sand nigger?
>>
>>67583873
momoa? his ancestry is pacific islander
>>
>>67580333
Reminder that Jesse is Lex JUNIOR in BvS, not the real Lex. It's confirmed, stop shitposting that he was a bad Luthor.
>>
File: bevas doj.png (252 KB, 675x930) Image search: [Google]
bevas doj.png
252 KB, 675x930
>>67580378

Quick search on Bevas Doj
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.