[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss this masterpiece. Just saw it, the dialogue is so weird
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
Discuss this masterpiece.
Just saw it, the dialogue is so weird and all the characters act like retards except for the main character, but it was still so intriguing.

The scene with the soldier who gets killed by the angry mob and the ending were amazing, still not quite sure whether they were amazingly dumb or just great.

Also: The cover doesn't look like what the mall looked like, it clearly looks more like a church. That and the fact that all the degenerate Atheists died and the Christians probably survived I think this is pro-Christian and anti-heresy art.
>>
Pretty comfy movie to be honest, I liked that all the cast from the walking dead were basically in this.

I never thought of it as pro-christian, it was the intention then it's a pretty fucked up message.
>>
First movie I saw where everybody walked out of the theater in a bad mood
>>
Saw it last night actually. Pretty shit but still fun to watch.
>>
Mostly it's remembered because of its GOAT ending and some of its Lovecraftian creature designs. That mantis thing is creepy as fuck.
>>
>tfw showed my parents because I thought they might like it and they said it was one of the worst movies they've ever seen
>>
i love how polarizing the ending is. not so much on 4chan, but IRL people either fucking loved or hated it.
>>
>>67577935
The ending was trash senpai. The rest was pretty solid tho, the fucking spiders were the thing of nightmares.
>>
>>67577935
The ending of the book is vastly different, where they're heading for Conneticut and NOBODY FUCKING KILLS THEMSELVES.

If you like the ending then something is wrong with you.
>>
>>67578948
Steven King prefers the movie ending to his own.
>>
>>67579421
Stephen King's opinion on movies has never been the best
Did he get butthurt about the shining, or did he just want to make it his own?
>>
>>67578948
Stephen King's ending was shit, this at least gave us some closure.
>>
>>67581178
Fuck off retard. Magically saving the human race 10 seconds after after everyone killing themselves is not closure. The original ending was darker and didn't have some bullshit happy ending that made no sense. They had some women on the truck at the end of the movie who ran into the mid at the beginning of the film. How did she survive when so many people died going 10 feet into the mist? You can't get anymore Austic than that shit.
>>
>>67578159
>muh happy endin

this movie is great
>>
>>67581617
The ending was happy you fucking retard. The human race got to survive.
>>
>>67581790
>The ending was happy you fucking retard. The human race got to survive.
FOR THE MAIN CHARACTER FUKN shit stain
>>
>>67578606
>Lovecraftian creature designs
kek
>>
>>67581850
The book had the entire human race fucked over by the horrible monsters of the mist. The movie had a happy ending because the human race was actually able to defeat the monsters without any explanation. It was a happy ending because billions of people got to live you autist, fuck the main character.
>>
>>67578036
>>67577935
> Christian
That was about how fast people can take to extreme ideas in dire circumstances, if they offer a glimmer of hope.
>>
>>67581526
> you can't get anymore autistic than that
>>
>>67582130
If you thought it was a happy ending you are either an idiot or genuinely autistic
>>
>>67583011
>entire human race gets to live
>sad ending

Pick one you Mongoloid
>>
>>67583116
>Follows main characters trials and tribulations for whole movie
>watches them die tragically
>thinks 'yay the human race is saved! happy ending!'

You're watching movies wrong.
>>
>>67578036
>I liked that all the cast from the walking dead were basically in this.
What? Only Andrea, Dale and Carol were in this
>>
>>67581864
But that's accurate
>>
I clapped when the annoying woman died.
>>
>>67582130
you have the autisms, friendo
>>
>>67583290
stop replying, retard. hes baiting you.
>>
downloading the black and white version now

>Apparently what director frank darabont initially wanted to release, but studio would not go for a black and white 'B' movie, he shot on a colour process and lit the film in such a way that would allow for post conversion to black and white. feels like a very different movie and definitely one for completists.
>>
>>67583820
No, he's legitimately stupid
>>
>>67583290
>being so autistic that you think 6 people dying somehow doesn't constitutes justfiing the saving of the human race

the book ending was much darker and more open ended, face it your a faggot.
>>
>>67583991
>muh open-ended ending
>muh ambiguity
please fuck off
>>
>>67584011
>muh happy ending
>muh every mystery perfectly wrapped up

I think marvel movies are more your speed champ
>>
>>67584216
You're ruining the internet, you're ruining me, you're ruining the human race. Please rethink your life. Please rethink the things you do and say. You can't or won't do any of that, please kill yourself. I'm begging you, for the good of all of us, end your life.
>>
>>67584332
>I have nothing left to argue
>>
>>67581864
this movie is heavily influence by Lovecraft you're an idiot if you don't see it
>>
>>67584408
>arguing with a chimp who can't into movies
>>
>>67584422
>liking unnecessary happy ending
>thinking he understands film
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.