[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck is there a Superman statue in this movie? I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: batman-v-superman-statue.png (281 KB, 620x254) Image search: [Google]
batman-v-superman-statue.png
281 KB, 620x254
Why the fuck is there a Superman statue in this movie? I know it's a comics thing, but it doesn't make sense here. At this point, opinions about him are still very mixed, and he is just some extremely powerful alien with unknown intentions, why the fuck would they build him a statue?
>>
>>67575835
>feelings about him are mixed
>the side that likes him built the statue

There I figured it out for you....
>>
>>67575912
I don't know about you, but where i live, things like that need government approval. Why would the government allow that?
>>
>>67575835
There's a 9/11 memorial in NYC, and opinion is mixed on whether or not 9/11 even happened.
>>
>>67576050
He saved da fuckin' world, you daft cunt.
>>
>>67576163

No one cares about manchildren with tinfoil hats.
>>
He did save the world from total obliteration, but people were too busy mulling over muh thousands of deaths that they forgot

MoS had shitty writing, they could'be framed the action in Metropolis as a "let thousands of people be killed to save billions" and created a moral dilemma for superman instead of muh action
>>
>>67575835
It looks cool. thats all snyder ever needs really.
>>
>>67576327
Bingo.
The Superman haters are the tinfoil lunatic fringers of Snyderverse.
>>
File: 1455570857268.jpg (50 KB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
1455570857268.jpg
50 KB, 640x350
>saves the whole world of total annihilation

>somehow a little statue at ground zero is too much
>>
>>67575835
So it can be defaced as an obvious visual representation of the sway in public opinion.
>>
>>67576485
>Not trusting some alien that shoots lasers is the same as not trusting the government
>>
>>67576559
>according to snyder
>>
>>67576163
not this shit again
>>
>>67576559
don't try and use your reptilian mind tricks on me!
>>
>>67576163
This
>>67576327
Lmao spotted the Hillary supporter
>>
>Superman comes to earth, a living hell in the form of Kryptonians follow suit, destroying a city, killing thousands and almost wipes out all human life

>few years later a super monster created from dead Kryptonian almost does the same

>Superman acts like saving people is an annoyance

hurr durr let's idolize him, he sure deserves our worship!
>>
>>67576257
this

>save world from being turned into krypton 2.0 by zod
>duh why did they build him a statue
>>
Because when people die you build them something, like a skatepark you fuckin nobody.
>>
Statues aren't exactly some crowning achievement; lots of basically nobodies have statues of them. Think of all the local fucks who have statues erected of them. There was a statue in my hometown of some no-name singers from another country who came to perform made to honor their visit, just because it was the only notable people to come here.
>>
>>67575835
Jesus was mixed and they made crosses of him in early days. Chill anon
>>
>>67576257
/thread
>>
>>67576920
Yeah, but that's because they are nobodys, so people don't really give too much fucks about the statues. Here we are talking about some godlike men from another planet, who may or may not be friendly.
>>
>>67575835
Because he literally saved the planet twice and it's on record, even if not know to the general public: When he stopped the world engine and when he stopped Zod.
>>
>>67576759

>saves people daily in those two years between main events depicted in movies, as shown in the newspapers and video montages during the interviews
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.