[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that Dr. Strangelove is by far the best Stanley Kubrick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: kubrick tier list.jpg (43 KB, 1600x917) Image search: [Google]
kubrick tier list.jpg
43 KB, 1600x917
Reminder that Dr. Strangelove is by far the best Stanley Kubrick movie and 2001/the Shining are entry-level shite that hipsters pretend to like.
>>
File: barry lyndon.jpg (26 KB, 300x434) Image search: [Google]
barry lyndon.jpg
26 KB, 300x434
i thought we settled this awhile ago
>>
1. Barry Lyndon
2. Eyes Wide Shut
3. The Killing
>>
>shining
>2OO1
>entry level

i like them all just fine anon
>>
Lolita is number one
>>
>paths of glory
>Dr. strangelove
>Barry Lyndon
>>
File: 2001 - Pod.png (735 KB, 938x1199) Image search: [Google]
2001 - Pod.png
735 KB, 938x1199
>>67569747
Only one Kubrick film has made Sight & Sound's top 10. It isn't Strangelove.
>>
>>67569747
I'll agree with you on that one. I like Kubrick but I feel like Dr. Strangelove has a lot more passion than his other pictures. It's the kind of satire that is both terrifying and humorous at the same time-- a degree of irony which we don't see as much of today.

Don't get me wrong, 2001 is a beautiful film and I do rewatch it every once and a while, but it's not a good movie--you see this in how implicit the story is. It's the sorta thing I put on when I'm getting high and want something to gaze at.
>>
>>67570024
>shining
>2001
>not entry level
I am absolutely certain that you are a tourist newfag
>>
>>67569841
how is the killing as a noir? been meaning to watch it for ages
>>
Strangelove is good but 2001 is the only sci-fi movie from that era that still stands up to repeat viewing today. 2001 is one of the greats.
>>
entry level =/= bad
>>
2001 is great.

Eyes Wide Shut is his best.
>>
>>67572391
>implying those monkey suits still stand up today
>>
>>67569747
Reminder that Kunrick was a terrible director. His movies are good, for the most part, but the performances from the actors are always lacking.
>>
>>67572578
They look better than any CGI I have ever seen.
>>
>>67572578
well of course they don't theres nobody in them anymore
>>
>>67572578
I saw the movie for the first time last year and I thought they looked great
>>
>>67572608
>Peter Sellers
>lacking on Dr Strangelove.
lmao, maybe if you're solely talking about the woman in the Shining
>>
>>67569747
I always loved strangeloves scenes, where hes literally holding himself back from giving the "sieg heil" salute, and has the most sterotypical german accent imaginable.
>>
Dr. Strangelove has some great moments but it's a fucking slog to get through overall t b h
>>
>>67573016
kek
>>
>>67573016
spooky
>>
>>67573634
I think you're wrong and don't respect your opinion
>>
>>67573521
Who he hated
>>
So there's no love for Clockwork Orange here? It's one of his best after all
>>
I consider Eyes Wide Shut the best IMO, i dont know why but the ritual part is fucking scary and i considerit really well done.
>>
Newfag here, just saw the Dr Strangelove couple days ago.

So what was the movie's idea? It felt like they made a movie out of the first half of a war satire. It wasn't a full blown comedy, everyone else were normal other than the generals, the bomber pilor and the doc. It felt weird and I understand if most of the people who see it don't get it.

Was it a Fallout prequel?
>>
>>67573764
It sort of loses it's soul when he goes to prison. It's a weird and violent vision of the future and then he goes to a 1970's British prison and is released into 1970's Britain and it never recaptures that vision
>>
>>67569747
great truth has been spoken.

Also it's great because it BTFOs all those plebsters that go on spouting
>herp derp comedy can't be deep
>>
>>67573934
Read the book if you haven't already, it's redeeming.
>>
>>67573904
yup, some parody and some realism
>>
>>67573904
direct parody of a lot of people and events in the cold war. If you have some knowledge in the history of the cold war, you'll love it.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.