[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does he keep getting work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: Zack_Snyder.jpg (903 KB, 1000x1380) Image search: [Google]
Zack_Snyder.jpg
903 KB, 1000x1380
why does he keep getting work?
>>
>>67568701
because he makes pure kino
>>
Wife is a top exec at WB. Really. He has her name tattoed in his right forearm.
>>
>>67568701
I read somewhere that Warner Bros. got him to do Man of Steel because every good director they had in mind was busy. Guillermo del Toro, Robert Zemeckis, George Miller, Ben Affleck and more were considered.
>>
>>67568812
they could have gotten matt smith
>>
File: shayamayalan.jpg (37 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
shayamayalan.jpg
37 KB, 250x250
Why does he keep getting work?
>>
>>67568850
The Doctor Who actor?
>>
>>67568812
or maybe because they know he's the most patrician director they could get to make capeshit
>>
>>67568949
He's a fucking hack. Michael Bay is better.
>>
>>67568894
Fuck, I meant Kevin Smith
>>
>>67569142
Honestly, he would've been better than Zack Snyder.
>>
>>67568854
China loves him, europeans still think they're going to see sixth sense "quality"
>>
he's probably buddy buddy with all the top studio execs and convinced them behind closed doors that he's capable

plus man of steel was a financial success, so that played the largest part. ratings don't matter, only money does. if bvs becomes a financial success (isn't it already?) he will be set and all the critics will be irrelevant.
>>
Because he doesn't complain about creative restrictions and is perfectly fine with letting studios use him as a codpiece.
>>
>>67569181
He has been considered for a superman movie before, there's been indication he wouldn't be bad. he actually likes comics, too.
>>
>>67568701
> 'Batman v. Superman' Launches DC Superhero Universe With Record $170.1M U.S. Debut. Overseas, the tentpole opens to a massive $254 million for a global debut of $424.1 million, the biggest superhero opening of all time.
>>
>>67569332
You know who doesn't do that either?
Almost all directors. They're still more competent.
>>
>>67569658
It's Batman vs superman. Anyone can do that.
>>
>>67569658
>'Batman v. Superman' Launches DC Superhero Universe With Record $170.1M U.S. Debut.
The studio is trying to make that sound impressive but it isn't. Iron Man 3 had a bigger US debut.
>Overseas, the tentpole opens to a massive $254 million for a global debut of $424.1 million, the biggest superhero opening of all time.
A superhero movie has never before opened in so many countries at once.

DCucks who fall for cheap tricks are happy but Warner Bros. is smarter than them. Snyder is going to get fired.
>>
imagine if Snyder teamed up with an actual director that is a competent storyteller and just had ZS do the visuals

I was thinking Ridley Scott but he has gone to shit for the past decade
>>
>>67569836
Snyders visuals aren't amazing either.
>>
>>67569903
he's got a distinct visual style and does a lot of interesting things. It's the same things in every movie, but I quite like them. The only thing he does that bothers me is the snap-zoom thing that has become super popular that makes it seem like the camera is handheld or a phone or something.
>>
>>67569836
Ridley's problem is he picks shit scripts. Peak Ridley >>> Modern Ridley >>>>>> Zack Snyder
>>
>>67568701

Not a single fucking person at WB other than him knows what dc comics are even about.
>>
File: lol indy.png (2 MB, 1234x789) Image search: [Google]
lol indy.png
2 MB, 1234x789
>>67569903
when there's one thing that snyder has down then it's visuals. BvS looked amazing.
>>
>>67570041
I don't get you Snyder defenders who claim Snyder is a true fan of the comics. Batman v Superman isn't truly faithful, it just has random bits and pieces of the comics. Nolan did the same thing with his Batman trilogy but I never hear anyone say "NOLAN IS A HUGE FAN OF THE COMICS! HE UNDERSTANDS THE COMICS MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE!"
>>
>>67568746
Her wife isn't working in WB
>>
>>67570050
No it didn't. There's a consistency to it, it's good, but it's a 7/10
>>
>>67569678
Nope, most directors buck in some fashion, as it is a creative industry.
>>
>>67570357
they could get Max Landis
>>
Michael Bay would have directed a far superior BvS.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>67570129

I'm not defending anyone, I'm just saying Snyder keeps his jobs because his bosses have no one to replace him with.
>>
>>67570431
If michael bey had directed, all the problems would've been solved by the american military.
>>
>>67569218
>plus man of steel was a financial success,

It grossed less than $700 million worldwide. There's a reason they shoehorned Batman into the sequel.
>>
>>67568701

Is he still directing the two Justice League films or will the studio realize they're dripping into a dry well and let someone else do it?
>>
>>67572412

Like who? Unlike marvel WB can't invite people from DC to filter out candidates.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.