[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else got the chills in Supe's funeral? the bagpipes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: spoiler.jpg (185 KB, 1884x1056) Image search: [Google]
spoiler.jpg
185 KB, 1884x1056
Anyone else got the chills in Supe's funeral? the bagpipes rendition of Amazing Grace was top tier and the score in general was incredible (except the usual bwaaams)
>>
Their drones were out of tune
5/10
>>
fuck forgot to spoiler pic. mods pls delete
>>
>>67568466
yea sure thing, maestro
>>
File: download (13).jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (13).jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>67568435
>bagpipes
>>
Yeah I liked that scene. I thought the very last shot was great too.
>>
File: bagpipes-rose.gif (17 KB, 251x300) Image search: [Google]
bagpipes-rose.gif
17 KB, 251x300
>>67568523
What? what else would you call it?
>>
>>67568435
I swear to god, this flick had more soul than anything Marvel has ever released. And i like Marvel
>>
>>67568435
>Supes saves Metropolis from Zod and the world engine
>everyone loves him, gets statue built in his honor
>3 years go by and people slowly hate him more and more over those 3 years

>defeats Doomsday, makes ultimate "sacrifice" getting "killed" in the process
>people love him again

The movie was flawed but this is the one thing they did right. The public only loves Superman when he's there to save them. It' a separate universe from the Nolan trilogy but it completely coincides with "You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
>>
Why did they write in hindi in superman's coffin. what do those numbers mean?
>>
>>67568435
yeah, I cried like the faggot that I am during that scene. I thought that finding out that Clark was going to propose to Lois was a bit unnecessary, but over all the two funerals were great.
>>
>>67568656
kek. I had to use the cam rip, because no hd pics out yet obviously. Saw it in theater though
>>
>>67568785
I actually embarrassed myself, getting emotional at a fucking capeshit flick, and knowing he's not really dead. it was that good
>>
File: spork.png (433 KB, 665x600) Image search: [Google]
spork.png
433 KB, 665x600
>>67568435
>main character sacrifices himself for the greater good
>Amazing Grace on bagpipes is played at funeral
>character is strongly hinted to come back next movie
Gee, where have I seen this before?
>>
File: superman-black-costume.jpg (163 KB, 488x750) Image search: [Google]
superman-black-costume.jpg
163 KB, 488x750
>>67568435
Could that selection of colors be foreshadowing for what comes next? Or just a reference?
>>
File: 1382578924349.jpg (117 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
1382578924349.jpg
117 KB, 400x399
Did no one wonder where his body went? Did they just bury his suit?
>>
>>67569011
Definitely a reference. It'll be cool if they incorporated the black costume somehow.
>>
>snyder hammers the superjesus crap for two movies
>superman "dies"
>people don't expect an instant reversal next movie
>>
>>67569116
What on earth are you talking about?
>>
>>67569225
Clark was buried in Smallville
Then who was black coffin?????
>>
>>67569241
Batman mentions it's an empty coffin.
>>
>>67569286
>Did no one wonder where his body went? Did they just bury his suit?
>>
>>67569241
they paraded his corpse around like chris kyle (murican sniper)
>>
why is superman american?
>>
>>67569329
Why aren't you?
>>
can anyone post hans zimmer's track in this scene?
>>
>>67569241
They buried an empty casket. They needed to honor him somehow. He gave them everything, even though they had turned against him and he still gave his life for them. They had to honor him somehow so they had the funeral even though they, or at least the government, knew the casket was empty.
>>
>>67569241
holy shit you're right. i missed that
>>
>>67569396
>Did no one wonder where his body went? Did they just bury his suit?
>>
File: Tears of breedom XDD.jpg (5 KB, 193x161) Image search: [Google]
Tears of breedom XDD.jpg
5 KB, 193x161
>>67569329
>>67569347
>>
>>67569387
That's the only scene not included in the OST
>>
>>67569396
It's great that they at least honored him somehow, I mean, really, when it comes down to it, they just really had to honor him somehow.
>>
>>67569633

They had previously built a giant statue in his honor y'know.
>>
>>67569387
Men are still good I think

>>67568435
It was pretty on point desu. Reminded me of chris kyle funeral. Shame the rest of the flick was a mess
>>
>>67569690
Well, they HAD to honor him SOMEHOW.

A statue seemed like the least they could do to honor him somehow.
>>
>>67569424
The casket was closed, no average person would have known that he wasn't inside. Clark valued his anonymity and his private life. The government already fucked up with giving someone access to one Kryptionian body, they probably thought the world was better off not knowing where Clark's actual grave. So they let Clark have a nice little funeral in Kansas so that his family and friends could morn him in peace.

that or Bruce threw around an ungodly amount of hush money.

>>67569633
The public had turned against him and blamed him for a bombing, that he was the target of. He had done nothing but good for them and they turned on him in an instant. Yet he still died for them. The guilt probably would have been enormous, the needed to do something to absolve themselves.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.