[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this good again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: lolita97_04.jpg (14 KB, 448x287) Image search: [Google]
lolita97_04.jpg
14 KB, 448x287
Why was this good again?
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Step up nigga
>>
File: lolita.webm (3 MB, 800x478) Image search: [Google]
lolita.webm
3 MB, 800x478
>>67559909
What are you even doing here?
>>
File: dfw o baby.png (128 KB, 274x297) Image search: [Google]
dfw o baby.png
128 KB, 274x297
>>67560363
>>
>>67560363
>Looks like a 30 year old women
>Lolita
>>
>>67560414
She was 14.
>>
File: zazie.jpg (147 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
zazie.jpg
147 KB, 1500x844
>>67560363
>>67560414
>>67560438
>yfw Nabokov realized that Sue Lyon was too old to play Lolita and suggested Catherine Demongeot, then 11 years old, to play her

pic related
>>
>>67559909
Does she get nakid?
>>
>>67561319
It makes Humbert more sympathetic. You can understand being attracted to Sue Lyon. I think the first hour of the movie is perfect. 10/10 dark comedy. I think after Shelly Winters dies it goes downhill.
>>
>>67559909
Jeremy Irons was fucking perfect for that role. I actually prefer that version to Kubrick's.
>>
>>67561458
>You can understand being attracted to Sue Lyon

Which is one of the reasons Vlad took issue with it. We are supposed to be repulsed by Humbert for his actions, and charmed by his language.

By seeing what Lolita looks like, half the mystery is already gone. "Lolita" doesn't exist except as Humbert's fantasy. Dolores Haze exists, and what we know about her is entirely through Humbert's word.
>>
>>67561868
I understand. I haven't read the book, but it's on my list. Like I said, I loved the first half of the movie, but I've heard it doesn't do justice to the book.
>>
>>67562017
Fantastic book worth multiple reads. If you can track down the annotated edition. Nabokov referenced a lot of contemporary events like a similar kidnapping case in the 40s and one character, a tennis instructor, was based on a real-life tennis pro who would mess around with his underage "ball boys"
>>
>>
>>67561319

>zazie dans le metro

Decent film IMO

But yes, L would always be inherently flawed as a film. Neither did anything approaching justice to the book.
>>
Is it true that they quoted Lolita in Batman v Superman? Because that would be pretty amusing since Jeremy Irons is in it.
>>
>>67562432
Louis Malle would've been a good director for Lolita, considering he dealt with similar issues in Zazie and Pretty Baby, and Murmur of the Heart proved he could handle taboo subject matter with respect and humor.
>>
>>67561354
Not explicitly
>>
>>67562514
Yeah, Eisenberg slips a Lolita quote or two into some of his autistic rambling.
>>
>implying you wouldn't
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.