[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Shows that prove anime is trash compared to Western Animation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: AD.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
AD.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
ITT: Shows that prove anime is trash compared to Western Animation.
>>
>>67559156
So that's every show then?
>>
>>67559156
Any cartoon. Anime is mostly still frames with long sequences of dialogue
>>
American Dad is great, but that doesn't mean that anime is trash
>>
Because it's absolute shit and still better than anime?
>>
american dad is worst cartoon on tv senpai
>>
>>67559209
Fuck off weeb.
>>
>>67559234
Even if that was true (It's not), it's still superior to anime.
>>
>>67559234
>better than Family Guy
>the worst
>>
>>67559241
But I don't obsess over japan. I'm not a weeaboo.
>>
Unlike Famliy Guy that gets worse as it goes on, American Dad has only gotten better as it goes on
>>
Anime just isn't diverse enough to compare with western animation. Obviously not every art style in anime is exactly same, but you can look at any anime and just tell right away that it's anime. Anime looks like anime. There's a very specific style of animation that's associate with anime.

Western animation does not have a specific style. It's incredibly diverse. Fuck, there are even some western cartoons out there that look like anime, simply because western animation can look like anything. It's just as diverse as the human imagination is.

I know people are going to argue with me on this and I don't fucking care. Go ahead and argue. I won't be arguing back. I made my point. It's valid. It's true. Nothing anyone says can invalidate it.

I have spoken.
>>
>>67559405
ok faggot
>>
>>67559321
This
>>
Batman the animated series
>>
>>67559156
This and Rick and morty are god tier, but 2 good shows vs years of flawless animes...
Also,i bet you are blond, fat and smoke weed when your parents go to sleep
>>
File: stopthisnow.jpg (39 KB, 635x479) Image search: [Google]
stopthisnow.jpg
39 KB, 635x479
>American dad
>god tier
>>
>>67559716
>"2 good shows"
You're forgetting King of the Hill, Futurama, The Simpsons (classic era), Batman TAS... the list goes on.
>>
File: americandadroger.jpg (20 KB, 403x498) Image search: [Google]
americandadroger.jpg
20 KB, 403x498
>>67559156

you dont need a show to prove anime is for fucking homosexual faggots
>>
>>67559716
>2 good shows
nigger
The first decade of The Simpsons is the greatest animated show ever made. South Park is still great. Archer used to be fucking amazing. Home Movies is better than any anime ever made. Bob's Burgers is even a damn good show. King of the Hill is also fucking amazing.

I don't understand people that prefer anime to Western animation
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBki34wr5fU

Just look at that animation
>>
>>67559209

This. Fucking stupefying to even consider it a legitimate argument.

Western animation is just as over rated as eastern animation at it's core. (not to mention the last two seasons of American Dad fumbled threatening it's comedic consistency)
>>
>>67559405
>I know people are going to argue with me on this and I don't fucking care. Go ahead and argue. I won't be arguing back. I made my point. It's valid. It's true. Nothing anyone says can invalidate it.
>I have spoken.

you're so insecure about your opinion that you can't defend it

all of the "diverse" styles you talk about still look awful. most of it is minimalist primary colour Flash trash like America Dad (funny show, but awful to look at), even worse is all the shows like EEnE that look like a high school kid's notebook scribbles.
>>
>>67559716

>blond is a bad thing

is this what someone's brain on cultural Marxism looks like?
>>
File: p12644794_b_v8_aa.jpg (322 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p12644794_b_v8_aa.jpg
322 KB, 960x1440
>>
>>67559156
Anime is trash even compared to a pile of garbage, you dont need silly ameritip shows to prove it
>>
File: 1417731527082.png (198 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1417731527082.png
198 KB, 500x375
>>67560910
>ywn have freaky choke-sex with carol
>>
>>67560406
>South park, King of the Hills

You forgot to say how '''''''' based and red pilled"'''''' those shows are
>>
File: 1203458561892.jpg (86 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1203458561892.jpg
86 KB, 1024x576
Will western animators ever manage to put out a full-fledged cartoon series that caters to an adult audience without being a dirty comedy?

Will there ever be a western Ghost in the Shell, Kaiji or Legend of the Galactic Heroes?
>>
>>67560406

Every single one you listed is a comedy or even a sitcom.
>>
>>67561123
Sorry, but GiTS ruined your point, or was that deliberate?
>>
>>67559156
Spirited Away proves the opposite.
>>
>>67561123
No because in the west we can afford to make films with any special effects the story needs. We have literature for everything else. This is a bit similar if some random village to produced tons of claymation and then you smugly asked when will the rest of the world also start producing it.

>Ghost in the Shell, Kaiji or Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Which one of those is supposed to be for adults?? ;) Just curious. Also haven't seen kaiji looks like an edgy cartoon.
>>
American Dad
Archer
Adventure Time

"A"merican "a"nimation is AAA qu"a"lity
>>
File: into_the_trash_it_goes_.jpg (102 KB, 1000x726) Image search: [Google]
into_the_trash_it_goes_.jpg
102 KB, 1000x726
>>67562327
>Adventure Time
>Good
>>
>>67559156
> American dad scripting and voice acting
> High quality and fluid Japanese visuals

Fuck the animation they get done in Korea
>>
>>67560499
Oh pls no, I can't go through watching another good comedy show fall apart.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.