[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy. This fucking guy and his fucking waifu bullshit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: doug stamper.jpg (46 KB, 800x440) Image search: [Google]
doug stamper.jpg
46 KB, 800x440
This guy.

This fucking guy and his fucking waifu bullshit.

Great season though[/spoiller]
>>
That guy is what happens if 4chan gets a modicum of power irl
>>
File: 1458066935148.jpg (111 KB, 540x1529) Image search: [Google]
1458066935148.jpg
111 KB, 540x1529
Leave my husbando alone
>>
He's pretty based but idk how he can bitch slap Mcpoyle AND Seth around witgout getting his ass handed to him the dude is a frail old man
>>
>>67554586

he is a great character though
>>
>>67554541
>I've got a glass right here you gonna throw me on the ground again?
>>
He was pretty invisible in the last season and his plot lines aren't particularly interesting. At first he seemed rather intriguing but he's gone downhill steadily as has the show in general.
>>
>>67554629
Never underestimate the power of surprise.
>>
>>67554586
If /r9k/ and Malcolm Tucker had a love child
>>
>>67554541

who s4>s1 here
>>
>>67554697
He's not an interesting guy. He's like a shadow, enforcing what Underwood wants.

Him creeping after rachel took way too long. And when that's finally done he gets a new waifu.
>>
>>67554993
Dat Stamper intimidating Dunbar scene tho..
>>
How do you think Frank's fall will come? Will it be Claire? Will he take everyone with him? Will they surprise everyone and have him win in the end?
>>
>>67554849
hmmnaah.

It's up there but not better.

I liked how it's more plotting and political intrigue. But Frank has way more power right now. He doesn't have to manipulate as much as he used to. Just saying 'Do what I say or I'll fuck you up, I"m mr President.' is enough usually. It's less about gaining power and more about keeping skeletons in the closet.

I was also dissapointed with how Meechum was disregarded. Frank didn't seem that bothered with losing him.

Clair/Frank team up is great though.
>>
Early on in season 4 it felt more like we were back to the old Doug, who would do anything for Frank without hesitation. That scene where he's standing in Leann's office holding her gun while Frank threatens her over the phone was good stuff.

Then later on he feels guilty over the man they kill indirectly by bumping him on the transplant list and that made little sense to me since Doug showed little remorse with all the other deaths he was involved in working for Frank.
>>
>>67555042
That's how I like em best.

He's such a timid guy that you know all hell is loose once he lets go.
>>
>>67555143
In the bong version his wife arranges his assassination. BongMeechun shoots him. But since BurgerMeechum is dead I think he'll die another way. Claire will take over as the first female president of the US. In the end the Underwoods will have reigned for 16 years.
>>
>>67554541
> what should I do boss...

;_;
>>
>>67555143
At this point if frank goes down claire goes down with him so we should be done with her intentionally fucking things up for him.

I think the murders will come out against him. It's been something in the background every season, almost every episode there's that little plot background. Something is gonna come out of it. More than this "he did some kinda sketchy political" bull. Could be doug betraying him in the end. Since he's the only one right now with enough knowledge of the murders that he could do it. He just doesn't have the motive right now but that could change in later seasons.
>>
>>67555253
>made little sense to me since Doug showed little remorse with all the other deaths he was involved in working for Frank.
He was never really without remorse I think.. He let Rachel go at one point.

I think it's good to see he's not just a robot but I'm not looking forward to more creeper bullshit.

And if he still has some sense of feeling for his victims he wouldn't feel it for every one of them. In this case it's a beautiful woman so that helps of course.
>>
>>67555253
>Then later on he feels guilty over the man they kill indirectly by bumping him on the transplant list and that made little sense to me since Doug showed little remorse with all the other deaths he was involved in working for Frank.

Nah he wasn't guilty over that man. He barely even looked at him. He just saw that mans wife and has a boner for emotionally damaged mother figures. It zoomed in on her face and everything. Plus when he talks with her he hardly shows a fuck about the dead husband or kids.
>>
>>67555508
>He just doesn't have the motive right now
Someone connects his relationship with the widow to the donor program. Or the widow herself does, she knows he works for the President who's just got one.
>>
Yeah S4 was pretty good. And Doug is a great character
>>
>>67555508
I'd be kinda disappointed if it ends up being Doug who betrays him. They already tried that once when Doug was pretending to work for Dunbar
>>
>>67555143
IIRC Spacey said that the show could go on for like 12 seasons so literally anything could happen.

Generally I'd lazily asume it'll be a scenario where everything comes crashing down - major political scandal, murder suspicion, basically complete loss of reputation along with criminal charges after which he'll commit a suicide after writing a letter of confession to get Claire off the hook.
>>
Did anyone else think that they fully intended on killing doug S2 but the S3 writers figured they had no where else to go so they had to bribgvhim back?
>>
I'll be really disappointed if it's just Frank's s1, early s2 activity that sinks him. I'd be a lazy resolution to the series if they pull the murders plot line out of their back pocket at their convenience.

If he does go down then it should be related to the final season - a mistake on his part, for example. If the murders tie in then that'd be fine.
>>
>>67555698
>IIRC Spacey said that the show could go on for like 12 seasons so literally anything could happen.
Damn I hope they don't do that.

The British show had a tight 3 seasons with a rise, reign and fall. I think 5 seasons is a stretch for this show already. What more is there to do after the war?
>>
Imagine a HoC spin-off where it focuses on Stamper before the events of season 1 and how he obtained his particular set of skills.
Call it "House of Doug".
>>
>>67555596
That's an medically ethical issue. Not enough blackmail to compete with all the straight up murder.

I mean I could see it coming up but it's not big enough that it could threaten doug or frank. That's something that could be a small challenge that they manipulate the public opinion about to fix.

>>67555654
Yeah but that was drunk and emotionally fucked doug trying to get back with frank. He never was gonna go with dunbar just using her to get frank back.

I think doug, stone sober and fully functioning, actually going against frank could be the downfall. Just because even if he couldn't manipulate against him he could just straight murder him.

If I'm being honest I don't wanna even see franks downfall. I wanna see him getting more and more power. With this war and fear mongering he gets some tv version supped up patriot act going. He slowly get presidential power growing and growing until he has a dictatorship. He's able to run a second term because the first didn't count, some loophole or new amendment or whatever allowing him to run more than twice that he forces through congress/senete. He's president some 10 years, his wife becomes president another 8 years. After 18 years of underwood dictatorship the american people don't even know how to function without them so they just stay in the white house ruling absolute corrupt power.

It just ends like that until maybe a revolt. Sorta showing how weak democracy can be. How much we ought to be aware of it and protect it.
>>
I genuinely think it's one of the best shows around. How is it received in America?

It doesn't seem to get as much exposure as stuff like GoT and TWD.
>>
>>67555654
Not for a second I thought Doug was betraying him. It was obvious he was playing both sides to get back into Frank's inner circle.
>>
File: 1451807947606.png (658 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1451807947606.png
658 KB, 1280x800
Does anyone else relate to Doug's cold autistic work behavior and his waifuist obsessions? Or is that just me?
>>
I really felt the tension of the final episode with the three seperate shitstorms brewing.
>>
>>67556014
>If I'm being honest I don't wanna even see franks downfall. I wanna see him getting more and more power. With this war and fear mongering he gets some tv version supped up patriot act going. He slowly get presidential power growing and growing until he has a dictatorship. He's able to run a second term because the first didn't count, some loophole or new amendment or whatever allowing him to run more than twice that he forces through congress/senete. He's president some 10 years, his wife becomes president another 8 years. After 18 years of underwood dictatorship the american people don't even know how to function without them so they just stay in the white house ruling absolute corrupt power.
>It just ends like that until maybe a revolt. Sorta showing how weak democracy can be. How much we ought to be aware of it and protect it.
I'd like that. Go the Petrov way.
>>
>>67556014
>Doug
>stone sober
>fully functioning

Damn, I got chills.
>>
What is the point of Seth? Is he supposed to be Doug's antithesis?
>>
Hopefully we get to see more of Frank on the world stage in s5. The only good part of s3 was Petrov. I'd like to see the other Underwoods of their respective nations.

Has Claire always been able to 'see' us? Is the audience just another mistress that she's tolerated all this time?
>>
>>67555475
>standing...on the edge...
>>
>>67556286
I've always liked Seth and how competent he is.
>>
>>67556286
Seth has to make it look like everything is fine to the people
>>
>>67556311
>Has Claire always been able to 'see' us?
no that was new.

It showed us that she's on the same level with Frank now.

>Frank on the world stage
I'm not really sure what they're supposed to do? Beat ICO? The US has about half the world in their pocket already.

That's what I liked about the british version, Francis Urquart still had the king to deal with once he was Prime-Minister.
>>
>>67555721
Definitely. Having him implied to be killed and the next episode being almost entirely about his recovery was rather jarring.
>>
>>67556286
He's a useful tool for narrative exposition
>>
>>67554697
>as has the show in general

s2 > s4 > s1 > s3
>>
File: Gangraped.gif (685 KB, 327x252) Image search: [Google]
Gangraped.gif
685 KB, 327x252
WHOAAAA!!!!!
>>
>>67555931
Better Call Doug
>>
>>67555143
>Will they surprise everyone and have him win in the end?

I would literally go to Netflix's HQ and suck dry the dick of every single big shot in there.
>>
>>67556047
It has a pretty large fanbase. It just doesn't get buzz because people watch the whole season in a week and then there's nothing for 358 days.
>>
>>67556998
What if a black high school was having a field trip in the HQ on that day? You'd be committing a crime.
>>
>>67555931
Drop it like it's Doug
>>
File: 1387146775143.jpg (25 KB, 459x506) Image search: [Google]
1387146775143.jpg
25 KB, 459x506
>>67557333
Dougy Style
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.