[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did /tv/ think of this? I thought it was a really decent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: cloverfieldlane.jpg (121 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
cloverfieldlane.jpg
121 KB, 1200x750
What did /tv/ think of this?
I thought it was a really decent film until that ending ruined it for the sake of throwing in some CGI and some ayy lmaos.
>>
>>67550566
Loved it until the ending, which was pure schlock. Should have kept it ambiguous.
>>
>>67550598
why? what would the point have been?

I didn't like how the scene was shot but having her encounter and triumph over the threat served an actual purpose in the story. having it be ambiguous wouldn't have.
>>
I still haven't heard a good reason for why aliens are schlocky in a way that the rest of the movie wasn't, especially the climactic scene with the acid. it wasn't a particularly intellectual or artistic movie to begin. At worst it went from one kind of popcorn movie to another.

Seems like people are just reacting to the the presence of a CGI-heavy scene in a movie that was supposed to be "low key" or whatever bullshit. You watch movies like this feeling smug about not watching Transformers, so when there's suddenly CGI aliens it just feels wrong.

Also, saying it "ruined" the movie is a great way to show that you didn't get the movie at all. What was going on outside was never the point, and the final scene wasn't the climax. It was an epilogue.
>>
>>67551373
If what was going on outside the bunker wasn't the point then why bother showing the aliens at all? It should have seriously just ended with her leaving the bunker, the whole point about the movie was that it was ambiguous as to whether something had actually happened or Howard had just made it all up. The aliens were just an excuse to set up for a sub-par sequel...
>>
DUDE WATCH CLOVERFIELD LANE RIGHT NOW LMAO
>>
Decent 7.4/10 movie would have been a 7.9 without the sloppy alien fight. They could have ended it with her seeibg the ship and driving off to help we didn't need worm dog and vagina mouth drop ship
>>
Mediocre all around film.

Still better than Cloverfield though.
>>
File: 1423000488655.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1423000488655.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
Will never watch beacuse its cheap standalone drama that has nothing to do with found footage masterpiece that was cloverfield and only uses the name for marketing.
>>
>>67551484
If there is a sequel it's going to have nothing to do with this one. J.J. already stated that it's supposed to be a trilogy of strange stories connected by the same thematic values.

The first cloverfield ended with a opportunity for a sequel yet the monster and its event are non existent in the sequel.
>>
>>67552186
>7.4
>7.9
What kind of retarded hipster rating are you giving this shit? Why not just 7.5 and 8.
>>
>>67552500
This is what happens to people's minds when they spend all their time on /tv/ and Rotten tomatoes
>>
>>67552500
Dude I judge everything in base ten decimals now.

Food
Women
Roller coasters
Trolls

I can't stop now
>>
this is a 5/10 - 6/10 movie at best; i quickly realized this when I considered what I would think of it without MEW as the female lead and had an uggo instead
>>
Everything was so contrived. That fat guy seemed very meticulous in everything he did, yet he left stupid little clues about his secret and for some reason never bothered cleaning out the room he kept the girl he abducted.

Somehow being able to destroy an alien ship with a molotov cocktail was retarded too, and why did the producers decide some generic attack dog creature would be a good fit?
>>
>>67552597
So you are rating a bizzaro version of this movie that doesn't have the lead actor in it? Can you be any more pleb
>>
>>67552755
>So you are rating a bizzaro version of this movie that doesn't have the lead actor in it? Can you be any more pleb
youre being biased just because youre attracted to her b
consider someone else with the same performance that mew did, but less attractive, then youll see
>>
>>67552755
What? A movie should never be judged on how qt the lead actress is. If it had been someone ugly like anna kendrick, we would have more readily seen the flaws. MEW just paved over the cracks.

It's like Nolan with his bombastic approach and conspicuous scores. He uses it to cover the flaws in his movies
>>
Does anyone else just hate this stupid fucking title? It sounds like a child came up with it, and it's just blatant "Hey, remember that other movie? This movie's nothing like it but come see it anyway!"

It's shallow as fuck of me, but it just kills any boner I might have had to see it.
>>
Know what would've saved this movie?

If the infected chick they found outside was part of an elaborate ruse from Goodman instead of "ayyyy lmao"

Also, even if we forced aliens in the movie. How the fuck does some teenage girl have the idea of a molotov cocktail and what type of baseball training did she get to make that perfect throw?
>>
>>67552817
>>67552822

She is a very good acttess. I would even say her acting aability is a boon to the movie. She is one of those rare acyresses that can pull off tough but still feminine heroien only other actress who can say yhe same is Sigorney weaver or terminator lady what was her name melissa hamilton?
>>
haven't seen the movie
someone save me the time and tell me what happens
>>
File: 1454699203169.jpg (23 KB, 280x297) Image search: [Google]
1454699203169.jpg
23 KB, 280x297
>>67550566
>10 Cloverfield Lane
>it's not the 10th installment in the Cloverfield franchise
>>
File: 383555_20120312113725.jpg (56 KB, 828x302) Image search: [Google]
383555_20120312113725.jpg
56 KB, 828x302
>>67554034
>>
>>67552441
are we sure it's non-existent?
tagruato is still there
slusho is still there
bold futura is bigger than ever and is connected to howard
what if they found aliens with the satellite, aliens attached an egg to it, the satellite crashes, tagruato drilling recover it but it has already eaten seabed nectar and become big. The attack happens, the light is hammerfall, Then the aliens attack.
what do you think?
>>
>>67554034
John Goodman was an alium the whole time.
>>
>>67554034
John Goodman was the real monster the whole time
>>
>>67552817
Yeah bro same, I tought like what if Howard was played by Sylvester Stalone, and then I thought man this movie is like a 6 or 5 out of 10.
>>
File: funkykong.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
funkykong.gif
3 MB, 420x300
>>67552822
>If it had been someone ugly like anna kendrick
>>
>>67553910
>Know what would've saved this movie?
>If the infected chick they found outside was part of an elaborate ruse from Goodman instead of "ayyyy lmao"
That would've been fucking stupid. The alien shit was pretty horrible but having that chick being "in on it" with Goodman would be ten times as retarded. Thank god you will never write a movie.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.