[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the last 15 minutes why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 10cloverfield_lane.jpg (84 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
10cloverfield_lane.jpg
84 KB, 640x430
>the last 15 minutes
why?
>>
>>67549942
Because FUCK YOU that's why.
>>
>>67549942
I liked that they tried something new, I liked that they gave the audience the satisfaction of showing the alien and the fighting. It made sense for the character after all her choices during the second act of the film too.

People really didn't like the end of this?
>>
It was too good and if it isn't capeshit, some producer will surely try to fuck it all up

The aliens were literally added at the very end and apparently John Goodman wasn't a fan of it at all
>>
I didn't mind so much that it was actually aliens, but the scene where she single-handedly takes down the ship is what ruined it for me a little bit.

I get that she was resourceful, but it seemed a bit much. The hide-and-seek with the worm dog thing was pretty good though.

It would have been much better if

>She didn't fight the ship, she had to avoid it, keeping up the tense nature of the film.

>The film cut out before you see what decision she makes at the crossroads. Seems like that should have been left to interpretation.
>>
The original ending was fucking golden until jj jewed out and wanted to profit from the clover name
>>
>>67549995
No, because for a film so grounded in reality it was ridiculous. The tension was believable and so were the situations. Having her single-handed defet a spaceship with a bottle of whisky when the entire US military apparently couldn't is ridiculous. It should have ended when you see the ship and realise that she's probably fucked.
>>
>>67550265

I don't think the film was layered in reality at all, the entire way through the film we're led to question the sanity of Howard, of they take him at his most honest and literal then he really is right about their being an alien invasion. I also think the radio signal at the end of the film is a pretty clear indication that she isn't the only person to have fought and potentially destroyed an alien.

I don't know though man, I just liked it is all.
>>
>>67549995
I for one hated it, Goodman basically carried this movie and all that gets forgotten about with the ayylmao. If anything she should have died as soon as she had taken off her helmet from the bioweapon. Or the movie pull a soprano as soon as the ship popped up.
>>
My friend and I had a falling out because I thought that having "Cloverfield" in the title was a cheap marketing trick. His only excuse was "it's a spiritual sequel" which he couldn't explain when I asked what that meant.

I loved the film, I just don't like misleading people.
>>
File: MEW.jpg (173 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
MEW.jpg
173 KB, 1080x1080
>ywn sniff MEW's ass

just die in my sleep already
>>
>>67550497
>>67549942

So is MEW back?
>>
>>67550460
You don't get an epic Goodman performance like that without the stoicism of MEW though desu lad
>>
>>67550265
This

We spent an hour and 15 minutes watching what I assumed to be the start of Room. I actually forgot about the assumed "aliens", and was more interested in how things were going to unfolded for the 3.

better ending?
>steps into truck
>suit rips
>[PANIC]
>reaches for tape to fix leak
>gasping
>she struggles to wrap it
>you notice she grows physically weaker
>starts to collapse
>falls backward
>struggling to stay conscious
>eyes close and reopen a few times
>final time they open there's a creature standing above her(hard to make out its appearance)
>eyes slowly close again for the last time
>FIN
cheesy, but the ship battle was too over the top.
>>
File: 437773.png (446 KB, 1059x303) Image search: [Google]
437773.png
446 KB, 1059x303
POETRY
>>
>>67550555
While you have a valid point the alien fight was completely unneeded.
>>
>>67550767

Fair enough senpai
>>
>>67550494
It's not spiritual sequel it's literally a sequel also nice pleb no one can obviously do anything different with a franchise every movie just has to be first person shakey cam in your mind
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.