[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come 4:3 90's sitcoms are better and more comfy than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: fresh prince.jpg (158 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
fresh prince.jpg
158 KB, 1536x1152
How come 4:3 90's sitcoms are better and more comfy than 16:9 modern sitcoms?
>>
Careful, tipping your fedora too far may cause it to fall off.
>>
Because modern sitcoms are uncreative and appeal to shit-tier humor like sex, alcohol and other crude material. Fresh Prince was based because it was a fish-out-of-water setting and Will Smith nailed his role.
>>
>>67545448
Because we associate them with the time when we were kids and our world was sunny, smelled fresh and tasted sweet.
>>
because jews weren't trying to shove degeneracy down your throat back then
>>
>>67545536

What the FUCK does that even mean???
>>
>>67545586

>implying i was under the age of 25 during the 90's
>>
>>67545586
Probably but will kids nowadays have nostalgic feeling about The Big Bang Theory in 20 years?

If so, we should probably kill them all.
>>
>>67545448
Because the people making them didn't check their smartphones every 5 mins.
>>
a pretty simple/stupid/obvious answer is the framing was more intimate. Because 4:3 only offers a limited field of view, all the actors have to stand pretty close together and look comfortable being that close together.

16:9 shots allow much more space between the actors, which is put to use.

Also because 4:3 = nostalgia.
>>
>>67545607
I think he's implying that you may lose your mind if you continue with these thoughts.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.