[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
literally how and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: ???.jpg (438 KB, 1972x980) Image search: [Google]
???.jpg
438 KB, 1972x980
literally how and why?
>>
>>67543740

This is what happens when you hire Zach Snyder along with his hack crew of writers
>>
>>67543740

its the best capeshit
>>
>>67543740

made for peanuts, marketing and advertising blitz worldwide, there was a Deadpool PSA on some South Korean Daytime talk show even
>>
>>67543740

Batman V Superman hasn't been out as long, dickhead.
>>
>>67543740
Memes. Not kidding.

/thread
>>
>>67543740

BvS is actually 410 million
>>
>>67543740
It's because fedora tippers don't know a good movie when they see one
>>
>>67543740
Memelovers went to watch memes:the capeshit
>>
>>67543740
>BvS has already more in its opening weekend than over half of what Deadpool made altogether
>>
File: 1456024083389.jpg (8 KB, 214x194) Image search: [Google]
1456024083389.jpg
8 KB, 214x194
I went on $6 tuesdays so I dont know anon
>>
>>67543740
Box office drops off after the first weekend, right? But how much? Will BvS bring in 200 million next week, or like 80?
>>
>>67544081
even so bvs won't end up grossing that much more, probably like $100 million more...

and even then deadpool is more profitable by far
>>
In all seriousness, I think it would do the studios good if they didn't give such enormous budgets to capeshit.

I'd say $100M tops. Maybe $150M for the big crossover movies. If you can't make a good movie out of that, you're just pissing money away.
>>
I just watched this movie and thought it was pretty good
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 634x955) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 634x955
>>67543740
Corporate fuckfest of universe building vs Passion Project for Ryan Reynolds.
>>
>>67543740
It's absolute capekino, there's no need for explanation.
>>
The release date is overlooked by /tv/ but it was genius. Valentine's day.
>>
>>67543740
>Deadpool
>Dark
>Lots of fun

>BeaViS
>Dark
>Not fun at all
>>
>>67544893
they should force them to have the same technical quality as Power Rangers and Kamen Rider, then it'll at least be entertaining
>>
>>67548286

How on earth is Memepool dark?
>>
>>67550262

Le edgy protag
>>
>>67547252
>You will never be able to make up for all the bad things you used to say about based Ryan Reynolds

I forgive you for Green lantern ;_;
>>
>>67550409

You were born without a brain
>>
>>67543740
>literally how and why?

one is funny
the other is fucking boring
>>
>>67543740
>movie that has been out for almost 2 months has made more money than a movie that has been out for barely 10 days
i wonder why.
Also, i dont understand why anyone was even interested in Deadpool. Like literally deadpool appeals to people with the mentality of 5 year olds (lol he cursed xD)
>>
>>67543770
>This is what happens when you hire Zach Snyder along with his hack crew of writers

and a terrible
awful cast

>>67544771

and will drop in the next weekend
>>
>>67544861
Not really that impressive when it cost almost 4 times as much to make

>>67550409
Not really edgy, just a bit on the manic side

Though any small amount of edge is deserved

>>67543740
It was a funny movie, it flowed well, it was enjoyable to watch

And even bald Ryan Reynolds has a better hairline than Cavill's
>>
File: BVS.jpg (95 KB, 763x636) Image search: [Google]
BVS.jpg
95 KB, 763x636
>>67543740
clear artistic vision v. corporate calculation
>>
>>67550520

>stop liking things i don't like!

It's okay, i'm sure DC will keep making super serious movies filled with grimdarkness for you.
>>
>>67550521
>and will drop in the next weekend
How? Are people going to demand refunds?
>>
Now DC is going to put 2+2 together and decide to make Lobo the villain of their Justice League movie.
>>
>>67543740
Well let's see if we can get to the bottom of this OP. One has been out 3 days, the other has been out 6 weeks

Hm...
>>
>>67551604
Doesn't change the budgets though.
>>
>>67550262
I think he meant to write "dank".
>>
>>67551648
I thought his problem was money made. If it's budget, then the difference is obvious if you watch the films. One looks like an indie film with barely any special effects and half the scenes filmed in regular settings, the other is a visual effects extravaganza
>>
>>67543740
this thread will tell you why

>>67540762
>>
>>67551704
I think you need to try harder to comprehend the issue here.
Deadpool had a much, much smaller budget, the money it made was quite impressive considering, and the reception was much more positive than with BvS.
It's a number of issues you need to take into account here.
>the other is a visual effects extravaganza
And what good use of money that was, eh?
>>
>>67551501
depends on how SS turns out, but plausible
>>
>>67543740
>cast all the wrong people for every role
>hire a director that is basically michael bay but with better cinematography for non explosion scenes. Still can't storyboard for shit
>have a retarded as fuck premise
>spend 5 years hyping this movie as the movie that starts the justice league, but not actually setting it up with any movies
>tie it in to a film that was terrible (man of steel) because you're running out of money and can't afford to redo it right.

Why is anyone surprised this train wrecked?
>>
>>67547252
Wait, was ryan reynolds invested in deadpool on a more personal level than "i need some money, and their checks are good?"
>>
>>67552931
He loves Deadpool. He was in the shitty Wolverine flick just because it was (at the time) the closest thing he'd get to playing Deadpool, and since then he's been trying to get the Deadpool movie off the ground. He was probably the person who leaked the test footage as well.
>>
>>67553123
I feel happy for him, he tried and it really shows

I want stop laughing at snyder tho lmao
>>
File: deadpool_93367[1].jpg (90 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
deadpool_93367[1].jpg
90 KB, 600x300
>>67552931

Nigga the whole movie only happened because of him, he was the one who said rated R or no movie at all, he was the one who was sucking jew dicks for the last 10 years for this to happen, the rumor is that he's the one who leaked the test footage.
>>
>>67543740
Deadpool
>refine the script and story
>cast really well
>characters look as great as the comics they are based on
>make use out of your budget
>take a huge gamble and make the first R rated superhero movie

BvS
>Cast horribly
>Hype up the movie for years so everyone's expectations are wildly through the roof
>Since it's hyped let's cram some Justice League shit in there without the story making since
>pour your ridiculous budget into CGI
>color by numbers superhero plot(s) we've all seen before
>>
>Yay, finally the Batman 'trilogy' is complete with a movie no one asked for and everyone wandered into theatres to see out of confused obligation to the first two, leaving feeling sicker of Batman than they've ever felt!
>Awesome, Man of Steel was a joke and everyone hates it and never wants to see us doing Superman again!
>HEY GUYS, BATMAN VS SUPERMAN, WHO'S IN?!

At least Marvel keeps it fresh with a rotating roster of heroes to go and see. Fuck Batman and Superman. Way to hype up Justice League by milking an entirety of two fucking characters for all they're worth for a decade until the tit's dryer than the Sahara and no one cares. Can't wait for the fucking Batman reboot, lord knows the world needs that.
>>
>>67553537
>the rumor is that he's the one who leaked the test footage.

no
he said there is a 70% chance that it was him
>>
>>67554100
>At least Marvel keeps it fresh with a rotating roster of heroes to go and see

Iron Man
iron Man again
Captan
Thor
Iron Man again
Thor again
Iron Man, Captain and Thor together again
Captain again
Antman
Iron Man Captain, Thor and Ant together again
>>
>>67555205

4>2

But yeah, I've paid zero attention since Iron Man 3. Which probably speaks for itself.
>>
What the hell? DP has been out for a month and a half.

BvS has been out for 3 days. It'll easily reach 1 billion.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.