[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people claiming he did a good acting job beside the movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2016-03-28-07-17-05-1.png (1003 KB, 1263x1262) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-28-07-17-05-1.png
1003 KB, 1263x1262
Why are people claiming he did a good acting job beside the movie getting so much shit? Neither was he able to portray Bruce Wayne's acted pretentiousness, nor was he able to portray Batman's determination even when the script asked for it.

Give me your best /tv/.
>>
>>67541433
He can't portray anything
He doesn't even know the basics of acting
Anyone praising him probably also likes Leo "I'M ACTING" Dicaprio
>>
>>67541534
Idk enough about his acting to say that in general - but c'mon humanity he wasn't good. Not at all. On the other side he might by far not be the worst thing about this movie but that still not makes him good. In any okayish movie he would have gotten laughed about. Why the fuck are they saying he was good???

Help me understand that, /tv/.
>>
>>67541733
Ok, let me phrase it this way
Normies have no idea what good or bad acting is, the louder the better for them
>>
He's the first truly intimidating Batman, and he nails the angry, gritty, moody Caped Crusader we've been missing pretty much in the character's entire cinematic history.

Batman is SUPPOSED to make criminals shit their pants, and this is the first on-screen portrayal where I actually thought Batman was terrifying, so he nailed it.
>>
>>67541733
>>67541534
You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>67541868
I guess this sums it up pretty much. Normies will be normies and they will keep loving the dude that seems like he tried. Even when it clearly it is below average. What also saved him was that the movie had so many further weaknesses that he doesn't seem "that bad".

fuck people
>>
man-children just like the idea of a giant hulking batman who body slams people and brands pedos. it could've been anyone big enough and they'd going on about how badass he is
>>
>>67541433
I think you're mistaking the script not giving him the opportunity to do those things with his inability to act. How many opportunities did he even get to portray Bruce Wayne as being pretentious? Pretty much just at the party when talking to Clark and in the museum talking to Diana.

And as for Batman's determination? Again he wasn't really challenged except for when he first ran into Superman and got his batmobile wrecked. And no one expected him to be able to do shit against Doomsday (this isn't I-can-dodge-omega-beams-DCAU Batman after all)

But do I think Affleck is perfectly capable of both of those things? Yeah
>>
>>67541534
this
>>
>>67541981
First of all, he didn't seem intimidating at all.

He didn't neither factually nor acting-wise portrayed the mentioned determination Batman is supposed to have to seem intimidating. One of Batman's strong points is that as a "pure human" he can even show de facto gods their place by his will power. Affleck did not portray this! If we're talking about the script or his pure acting - he just didn't.

In the end he was basically a scared high school bitch with kinda fancy gadgets. And see above - neither did he portrayed the essential characteristics of Bruce Wayne.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (121 KB, 854x725) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
121 KB, 854x725
>>67541433
>>67541534
>>67541733
>>67541868
>>67542056
>>67542069
>>67542193
>>67542205
>>
>>67542135
No, that is actually what bothers me most. Don't get me wrong, anon - even if we are on 4chan I am not trying to shit on your point or be anti-anything because it is cool.

In my opinion, you are right when you say he didn't have a good script or good advisory from the producers. But he had a few chances he could have used. Like, you mention that one scene like it wouldn't have been good enough for a even decent actor to lay down some good work. He could have used the few opportunities way better than he did.

Prove me wrong, I would actually love that.
>>
File: goddamn-batman.jpg (193 KB, 895x503) Image search: [Google]
goddamn-batman.jpg
193 KB, 895x503
>>67541981
this. we're finally getting the Batman of the comics and I love it
>>
>>67541433
Lol shitiest opinion on here right now
>>
>>67542352
What about blow me faggot, its a fucking capeshit movie who cares
>>
>>67541433
I think the casting was pretty good
see >>67542357
But for like a tv show or something, he's by no means a "good actor"
>>
>>67542205
Well he did shoot a bunch of people with a gun so he's intimidating in that way I guess.
>>
>>67542526
Okay, with the blind ruthlesness you might be right - this is Batman-movie-wise a novelty and it depends on pure preference. If you like Batman smashing different cars with people in them smashing together - that's okay. But that would still be a good decision of the producers. That has not much to do with Affleck's performance.
>>
>>67542352
How about you prove him wrong by giving actual points. How the fuck could he have done it better? I'm not being a dick I'm actually asking you.
>>
i've been said i don't know why people are blowing this guy. He was nothing special and not because he was a bad actor but because the script was terrible. That aside he didn't really feel like bruce wayne at all but then again no one actor has every truly captured wayne.

I guess you could say the fact the he wasn't flat out awful with such a shitty script is a credit to his acting.
>>
>>67542621
Okay, like I mentioned - I missed that acted pretentiousness as Bruce Wayne. The whole concept of the Batman personna is that as Bruce Wayne he is able to place himself amongst the rich and famous. Affleck seemed at any point like a too struggled soul to be convincing as Bruce Wayne.

Clear example - his agressive deffensivness about Batman when Clark Kent asked him in his Bruce Wayne personna about the masked bat vigillante.

On the other hand his clear insecurities as Batman even as a rampaging, old and experienced Batman.

I think he put too much Batman into Bruce Wayne and too much of a child Bruce Wayne into Batman.
>>
Considering how terribly written this Batman was, noting he did made any sense. Taking that into account Affleck actually being ok. He could've wiped the floor with Keaton and maybe even Bale with a good script.
>>
>>67542793
agree with all of this.
>>
He's the best Batman ever portrayed on film contending closely with Bale's Batman Begins. The part where he returns to the Batcave in the broken down Batmobile, hops out, pulls off his cowl, and gets on the bat computer might not seem like an important sequence to you, but it shows how routine this sort of thing has become for this Batman. If you disregard the body count and look at the subtle things that Ben put into the performance, his portrayal becomes extraordinary.
>>
>>67542793
I kinda get you but why does he have to be a pretentious douche as Bruce. There are different versions of Bruce. Even then he was still a smug dick. I still find it hard to blame all of that on him though.
>>
>>67541534
>le contrarian man
>>
>>67542986
>getting out of a car and going on your computer
>good acting
>>
>>67542357
>>67542526
>another day, another dcu cucks using muh comics to give their opinion authority while obviously not actually reading Batman comics

actually scratch that. I believe that you skimmed through The Dark Knight Returns at a book store once
>>
>>67542986
Even though I do not share your opinion on the Bale comparison I am absolutely with you on the rest. And I did pay attention to that especial scene and how he portrayed it. These are a few thing he did good which made him almost okay.

>>67543036
You may be right about that. It might just be a preference thing and how you see it as logical and good, personally.

>>67543112
I for one do not think that much of TDKR. It was a milestone in it's time, but that has way more to do with the state Batman was in during that time.
>>
>>67541534
Ben affleck wiped the floor with Leo in Gigli.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.