[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this for the first time. Did I like it /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: god (who doesn't exist) zilla.jpg (33 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
god (who doesn't exist) zilla.jpg
33 KB, 350x500
Just watched this for the first time.

Did I like it /tv/?
>>
>>67540181
Yes but it needed Mechagodzilla and an Elizabeth Olsen nude scene

But mostly Mechagodzilla
>>
>>67540181
You liked it but you probably wouldn't watch it again.
>>
it was well made but maybe a little too long. I dont care all that much about the lack of monster scenes because I feel like if they showed too many scenes with them then they wouldnt seem as impressive when you did see them. The music was epic, and the movie created a great atmosphere
>>
>a massive CGI lizard is more emotive than the lead muhreen guy
Piece of shit movie with neat sound
>>
>>67540439
someone made a chart of godzilla's screentime in every godzilla movie by minutes/seconds and by percentage of runtime. this movie didn't score the lowest in either.
>>
>>67540181
Yeah, you enjoyed it. Not the best thing ever, but not the worst thing ever either. It was worth the time.
>>
>>67540181
Pretty movie. If it was a girl I'd date it
>>
>>67540181
its a good movie with too much filler shit and amerikuh
>>
>>67540181
emmerich's godzilla > the rest
>>
>>67540181
That fucking faggot soldier. US imperialist troops make me want to puke.
>>
File: Zilla_1998.jpg (3 MB, 3946x2700) Image search: [Google]
Zilla_1998.jpg
3 MB, 3946x2700
>>67540904
that's not even Godzilla, that's Zilla
>>
I was underwhelmed at first but it felt exactly like a traditional Godzilla movie and I was surprised.

I've liked it more with each viewing.
>>
>>67540181
I mean, it's not kino like Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, but still pretty good
>>
>>67540181

>original Japanese Godzilla represents the atomic bomb fucking everything up and leaving tragedy in its wake

>new American Godzilla remake features Godzilla not killing anyone while simultaneously repelling foreign attackers before leaving to wait until the next time he's needed

It's like fucking poetry.
>>
>>67541091
So like the 60s and 70s?

Glad to see Gareth is paying tribute to kino masters like Jun Fukuda
>>
had god(zilla) tier opening credits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBQJjqnG1iI
>>
>>67541144

I just think it's funny because if you look at Godzilla 2014 as a remake of the original Godzilla, and you realize in that movie Godzilla represented the atomic bomb, you start to realize that they each tell the story from an opposite perspective. Japan from a perspective of the bomb bringing destruction and tragedy, America from a perspective of the bomb restoring order and bringing peace as a sort of necessary evil.
>>
Yes you did
>>
>>67541212

I think the opening credits themselves were really good, but I'm still on the fence about the idea that the nuclear tests at Bikini were trying to kill Godzilla rather than them unintentionally creating Godzilla.
>>
File: castle bravo.webm (1 MB, 544x304) Image search: [Google]
castle bravo.webm
1 MB, 544x304
Could an incredibly large nuke overwhelm godzilla and destroy him? Like 100+ megatons yield?

pic related is what 15 megatons looks like from many many miles away, up in the atmosphere
>>
>>67540181
Did you marathon it or just watch it?
>>
>>67541624

It might overwhelm Godzilla, and it might make half the Earth uninhabitable for the rest of time.
>>
>>67540181

Solid Godzilla movie with a couple truly great scenes. Cranston dying 1/3 Of the way through was bullshit, as was Olsen playing distressed wife: the character. Kick-ass wasn't very good as the lead.

Movie is made 100% better by cutting out Kick-ass entirely and having Bryan Cranston run around yelling while Ken watanabe tags along and says foreboding things.
>>
>>67541624
youd piss him off and make him go burning mode
>>
>>67542138
>Olsen playing distressed wife: the character. Kick-ass wasn't very good as the lead.

WHY DIDN'T SHE DRIVE THE BUS?!!? Seriously if there was a scene that would have endeared us to the character it would have been the original driver being incapacitated and her driving them to safety, I left the damn theater hearing about how the bus driver was badass!
>>
>>67541331
2DEEP
>>
Yes you did. You didn't care for the human characters after Bryan Cranston died, but you recognize that setting it from the humans' perspective helped greatly with making the monsters and the scale massive. You really liked the music, pacing, tension, and direction

Your wife's son also enjoyed it
>>
>>67541091
>>original Japanese Godzilla represents the atomic bomb fucking everything up and leaving tragedy in its wake

That's only true for, like, 4 of the 45 godzilla films.
>>
Everyone just hated Kick Ass's character because they were jealous of him being mr-perfect mentally-stable muhreen EOD man with the beautiful family, who recovered easily from the same accident that made his dad go crazy.
I didn't like the character either desu, but his (and Elizabeth Olson's) acting wasn't particularly bad at all. And Bryan Cranston's was great
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.