[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Zack Snyder the Orson Welles of our generation? Is Batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
Is Zack Snyder the Orson Welles of our generation? Is Batman v. Superman REALLY too smart for the average movie going audience?
>>
>people actually think this
>>
>>67537489
nah he's more like the Ingmar Bergman of our generation
>>
File: 1250.jpg (23 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1250.jpg
23 KB, 240x240
>Stanley Kubrick

Thanks Dolby!
>>
BvS and 2001 Reviews

>"intellectually obscure and inordinately long ... a film out of control"

>" and it isn’t thinking, either. It’s obedience."

>"and the ambitious hacks who make them, have no evident motive beyond their own aggrandizement."

>"is a disaster because it is much too abstract"

>"morally pretentious, intellectually obscure and inordinately long ... a film out of control"

>"big, beautiful, but plodding"

>"A dour, disdainful demeanor, plus a gluttony of complex plot twists, dissipates most of the contact high."

>"a film that is so dull, it even dulls our interest in the effects for the sake of which the director has allowed it to become dull"

>"A near-total drag"

Which is which?
>>
>>67537489
Why do you people want this guy to succeed?
>>
>>67538059
He is the sole champion of capekino
>>
>>67537489
>people don't like his movie so by liking his movie i'll appear superior to my anonymous friends on a Taiwanese origami enthusiast forum and they'll like me
>>
File: 1458792009346.png (270 KB, 368x435) Image search: [Google]
1458792009346.png
270 KB, 368x435
>>67537489
Punished Zack.
A fallen legend.
>>
File: protect that smile.gif (1 MB, 194x284) Image search: [Google]
protect that smile.gif
1 MB, 194x284
>>67537965
>Look mom, I posted it again!
Are DCucks THIS desperate?
>>
>>67538235
>can't refute Zack's brilliance
>>
>>67537489
Too smart? No. Too complex and thematic, yes. Audience's want the Marvel formula.
>>
>>67538557
>too complex and thematic
>implying this is not a movie for the casual audience that can't notice shit filmmaking
>>
>>67538510
>the single most twisted and failed attempt at making a character into a Christ figure in the entire history of movies
>brilliance

DCucks are either idiots or mentally deranged.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.