[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
name a movie with worse pacing, and you guys thought BvS was bad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Godzilla_(2014)_poster.jpg (25 KB, 300x445) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla_(2014)_poster.jpg
25 KB, 300x445
name a movie with worse pacing, and you guys thought BvS was bad.
>>
>>67534521
King Kong 2005
>>
Easy.
>>
>>67534576
I remember liking King kong back in 05, but man the mc kun in this movie was awful and should have won a razzy. Bryan cranson also overracted in this movie, when the climax finally came and Godzilla mouthbeamed muto, i didnt care anymore.
>>
>>67534598
This is accurate. The only scene I genuinely enjoyed was muh crocodiles
>>
>>67534521
The Raid.
>>
>>67534521
>first appearance is on a small tv that's across the room and they cut away

WTF WERE THEY THINKING
>>
>>67534576
King Kong '05 is kino, you pleb
>>
>>67534521
The movie ran at a quick pace though, and the cuts (barring the stupid one at the airport) were done really well. It's an almost perfect looking movie too, with minimal shaky cam.

BvS' pace moved quickly, but the problem really was with its editing (and the way it killed off Jimmy Olsen and ruined Lex for no reason but that's more a problem for DC fans over movie fanatics). If it was edited better with some real establishing shots we could have a great movie. Hopefully the directors cut fixes a lot of this stuff.

Also, TDKR is paced worse than either of them.
>>
>>67534521
'98 was better in every way, aside from Godzilla himself, which you didn't even get to see in 2014
>>
>>67538016
The direct said he was a fan of Jaws hiding the shark so tried it with Godzilla.
>>
>>67538439

The problem with that is that the shark in Jaws is supposed to be scary, but Godzilla is meant to be imposing and intimidating along with cool monster fights. You can't make an imposing monster if you don't show it, and obviously the same applies to cool monster fights.

It was smart to tease the audience up until the reveal. But after the reveal, if anything, they should have gone to more lengths to really establish the massive fucking scale that Godzilla represents in comparison to humans. This could be done with more screentime for Godzilla involving wide shots that demonstrate his size compared to other things, such as people and buildings (less close-ups of just his chest up) and more fights that show Godzilla and the MUTO fighting while just effortlessly toppling buildings and generally giving zero shits about the presence of humans, which would give more of a feeling that humans are this tiny and seemingly insignificant part of a much greater picture. That would also make the ending feel a lot more rewarding, when the humans manage to blow up all the eggs and actually contribute an impact to the situation.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.