[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think of Season 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 6
What did you think of Season 2?
>>
>>67533254
I enjoyed it
>>
Not Enough Punisher, but still a great season. The middle was just okay then the ending got better. IMO
>>
>>67533254
6.5/10. Worst than the first season and worse than JJ.

DD s1>JJ>DD s2
>>
>>67533254
First 4 episodes 8/10.
Shitty ninjas and other hijinks 5/10.
>>
>>67533545

I didn't like how the made the ninjas so... generic. Nobu showed his face no problem.

Also can someone explain to me just what "Black Sky" refers to?
>>
I just finished first 4. Ok although I hate how they changed the rooftop scene. Also had the punisher ever just given up and allowed himself to be arrested before? Seems out of character.
>>
First ~4 episodes were great, then it was a bunch of shitty lawyer drama, Elektra being lame, and DD being a whiny faggot. Once Punisher got back out it was back on track though.

Does anyone else think they need to stop Murdock from staring blankly in weird directions when talking to people? He looks like a literal retard when he does, distractingly so even.
>>
Just finished it. The cliche ninjas were really bad, like comically bad. I thought I was watching some shitty 80's Kong-fu movie with the same shitty ninja fights every five minutes during the last episodes of the season.

Also the fact that Elektra dies at the end was really a "no fucking shit" moment. Even if she is resurrected in the end, it was still a shitty way to end the character.

Oh and what the fuck did Foggy do this entire season? All he did was whine, do lawyer shit, whine some more and get fucking shot.
That was fucking it. Karen made Foggy so irrelevant and forgotten that it was hilarious.

Other than that I guess it was fine. It was exciting at times, and as a "Daredevil vs. The Punisher" show, it beats Batman v Superman and most other versus crap. So yeah, it was a good waste of time, but not something I'd watch again.
>>
>>67533830
>Does anyone else think they need to stop Murdock from staring blankly in weird directions when talking to people?
you know he is blind right?
>>
Ninjas brought it down, but based punisher redeemed it
8/10
>>
>>67533490
>JJ
Spotted the female or beta.
>>
>>67533254
Needed more Frank
>>
>>67534247

Yes I realize that but he obviously knows where someone is standing when he's talking to them. He always lists his head off to the side and looks like a moron when the person talking to him is right in front of him.

He can hear a pin drop from 3 streets away, he can tell where someone is standing, it just looks retarded in the show.
>>
>>67534513
Nah I would only would give JJ a 6.8. The only season that I would say was good was the first of daredevil. JJ and DD s2 had serious pacing issues.
>>
>>67533254
It was pretty good.

And i liked the undead ninjas.
>>
>>67534607
>he can tell where someone is standing

Of course he can, and he turns his ear toward them, why would he turn his eyes toward them you sycophant.
>>
>>67534690

Because its polite to face the person you're talking, not to mention it looks fucking stupid otherwise. Its not like he needs to turn his head to hear someone speaking 1 foot away from him.
>>
>>67534607
They generally only do it when he's not wearing his shades, seeing as you know that blind stare is probably unsettling to some people ad eyecontact doesn't mean anything to a blind person.
>>
Punisher was great. Kingpin still great. Ninjas stupid.
>>
>>67534848
Looks like someone has never talked or interacted with a blind person before
>>
>>67534910
>i want my blind character to show no symptoms of being blind at all
ever spoken to a blind person familia, they dont spend alot of time looking at you
>>
File: dd20415151280jpg-a24b92_1280w.jpg (288 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dd20415151280jpg-a24b92_1280w.jpg
288 KB, 1280x720
Was this just something I missed, or was there no lead in to the use of the nickname "Daredevil"?

The first usage I noticed was by Nobu at the end of one episode, and then suddenly Foggy, Karen, Matt, and everyone else are using that name regularly with no explanation.
>>
kill off karen or foggy and give it to punisher
>>
>>67535054
Do you know how to read?
>>
>>67534848
He has to act like a completely normal blind guy though. But yes, without visual cues, it makes sense to turn his ear to someone.

He was taught how to be blind by DAW's blind boyfriend btw.
>>
>>67535166
oops, meant to reply to >>67534848
my bad
>>
I wish they focused on either the Punisher storyline or The Hand. I think it suffered trying to juggle both. Frank's superior officer being Blacksmith was too safe an ending. They left a lot of plot points with the Hand unresolved i.e. the giant hole, the zombie blood donors, etc. The Hand ninja and Nobu were generic and boring.

On the plus side, Punisher and Elektra were great. Elektra would've been better if they explained what a Black Sky actually was, to make her feel like an actual threat than just a fairly average ninja chick that has no reservations with killing.
>>
>>67534227
>What the fuck did Foggy do? All he did was create personal conflict for Matt Murdock, further the "People vs Frank Castle" storyline and face person dilemmas

Seriously, what were you expecting Foggy to do? He did a lot, moreso than last season.
>>
>>67535073
>"Did you see the way he fought those guys while blind? He must really be a madman! A Daredevil!"

Don't you remember?
>>
>Punisher
>Frisk and the prison
>The trial
All great.

The Hand ninja scenes actually weren't terrible, but they clashed horribly with the tone of everything else. It was like two films with different genres mashed together.
>>
Why couldn't just focus only on the The Punisher and leave the The Hand for The Defenders?

But at the same time, could they make 13 episodes only about THE BIG BAD PUNISHER
>>
>>67536135
I feel like next season they're gonna go all out with the Hand storyline, unless they're using that for the defenders and we're getting Bullseye
>>
>>67536338
I hope they do. I'd rather have a focused and consistent season with ninja's than a disjointed mess with conflicting tones.
>>
>>67536544
I'm sure it's coming with the cliffhanger we saw. I think we're gonna see Matt struggle more with his dark side, kinda like that one mediocre arc from the comics
>>
>>67533254
They fucking nailed it. Again!
>>
Punisher was the best part of it, Bernthal crushed it.

I didn't like Fisk this season

S2>S1>JJ
>>
Got about 4 episodes before sighing heavily and quitting because I just can't fucking care about capeshit, it's not real

Which episode has the best Punisher shit in it /tv/ I can't sledge through this entire season
>>
>>67537380
>it's not real
It's a fucking work of fiction you pretentious fuck.

Also best punisher is the movie with John Travolta as the bad guy
>>
Too grim. Superhero shows should be fun.
>>
>>67533616
probably a few times, im too lazy to check
>>
Why do they keep making the villains much more interesting than Daredevil? Seriously. Even more here, Daredevil wasn't as interesting to keep continuing on watching as was Punisher.
>>
>>67533616
Marvel Team-Up 6-8
>>
>>67537818
Punisher isn't a villain though.
>>
>>67536338
I think The Hand they're saving for The Hand for Defenders, Iron Fist has connections with them and they'll be too powerful for Daredevil to fight alone.
>>
>>67533610
I guess it's the lead of the hand. I hear it ends up being Matt.
>>
File: 1458181981762.jpg (4 KB, 202x192) Image search: [Google]
1458181981762.jpg
4 KB, 202x192
>it's a non-Punisher episode
>>
>>67535073

End of season 1 has that name on the newspaper. Its never specified who came up with it though.
>>
>>67533254
An amazing series, I thought the Punisher was amazingly done.
>>
>>67538505
Oh. Well, I mean just generally the other characters like Fisk and all. Daredevil's jnot that interesting in comparison to them.
>>
I just finished watching the episode when Punisher [enter situation] then elektra gets involved. Should I stop now?
>>
>>67533254
I'm on episode 10. Matt/Daredevil managed to be the most boring person of the season. Literally everyone is more interesting.
>>
>>67538939
that pussy doesnt kill anybody because muh morals
>>
>>67534607
Have you literally never met a blind person
>>
Hope I get muh bullseye next season
>>
I liked it but like most of /tv/ I noticed a big dip in quality when Elektra and The Hand showed up.

I think the problem was the Punisher/Ninja shit felt like I was watching two different shows, it needed to be woven together more
>>
>>67533254
Does he ever wear the skull in the show?
>>
>>67536338
For some reason I feel like shadowland will be something in the future kf these shows but thats a lot to ask for.
>>
>>67539084
Last episode
>>
Pure kino
>>
I enjoyed it but, it's not as coherent as season 1.
The two story lines of The Hand and the Punisher didn't connect making it the main problem. The Hand part of the story was the weaker part. I worked better in season 1 because Fisk and The Hand were connected.

Also, way too much Karen (seriously fuck Karen), not enough Clare. Loved the Punisher though
>>
>>67538745

Nor why it didn't come into use for months later, when suddenly it's the go-to for every character.
>>
File: dd get out of my laboratory.jpg (30 KB, 316x333) Image search: [Google]
dd get out of my laboratory.jpg
30 KB, 316x333
Honestly the first 4 episodes were pretty good. DD was an obnoxious boyscout and Punisher was grimdark, but the entire point of their conflict is the clashing of views. I even tolerated the trial. But all the Elektra and ninja stuff afterwards was boring bullshit.

Honestly it felt like the wrote the first half of Season 2 then realized they didn't have enough material so just filled in the rest until they get Bullseye or Kingpin as main antagonist in season 3.

At least Froggie was less obnoxious this season.
>>
>>67540002
Most people don't call him that, they call him the devil of hell's kitchen. He slowly worked his way into that name.
>>
Too much Frank shit ruined The Hand plot. Also the fight/action scenes weren't as good as the first season.
>>
>>67533490
No.

Just no.

JJ Jones had everything...and they blew it all just to nab post dr who tenant.
>>
>>67533616
Punisher - The Cell. Got himself arrested and thrown in prison. Then started a riot and took advantage of the chaos to move past security and murder one of the mafia bosses behind the hit that unintentionally killed his family. Then he broke out of prison.

Much like in the series, really. He didn't give up, he entered prison for a reason (in this case, to listen to Fisk's proposition)
>>
>>67533616
Well he did once in the comics. If I remember right he let himself get caught to find a guy involved in the central park shooting. In the show its just a happy accident he found the guy. Its fine though cause this is young Frank he makes mistakes and sometimes smiles.
>>
>final fight
>rooftops crawling with ninjas
>TOO MANY TOO COUNT says matt
>they go ot the roof...
>there's like 15 ninjas top, and they beat them like it's no thang. Frank even franks a few of them

If you're saying "too many to count" then make the fight look massive, you assholes
>>
>>67540771
The whole Hand plot was pretty lame in general. Crappy vague backstory, unresolved plot elements (such as the deep ass pit), repetitive fights that all seem the same, Black Sky being bland vague mcguffin. If I wanted a more-questions-than-answers show I'd watch LOST again.
>>
>>67540866
He's talking before that, when he very first got arrested. He was barely alive and in an emotional state so didn't want to fight it.
>>
>>67534848
Fucking retard, hes been blind most of life, and a thousand yard stare is disturbing.
>>
>>67540771
>Also the fight/action scenes weren't as good as the first season
literally what?
maybe the fight scenes with the hand, but the dogs of hell fight and any of the punisher cqc shit was great
>>
>>67537123
Truf!
>>
>>67538939
C'mon, guy...

I mean cmon, he wasnt JJ boring.
>>
>>67540958
I got hyped in that 5 minute window where Elektra and Matt are talking because I knew she was going to die so I didn't really give a shit about the ninjas.
>>
>elektra is on screen
>foggy is on screen
>karen is on screen
>ninjas are on screen
>anyone besides punisher and maybe stick are on screen
I skipped at least half of the season and still don't feel like I missed anything important.
>>
>>67541556
I don't know why everyone hates Stick so much
>>
Loved Frank, loved Stick, I thought Elektra was good and I liked her chemistry with DD a lot more than the forced romance between him and Karen, I wanted the Hand plot to be good but they left out so much shit going between that and the Punisher plot. Overall I liked it but they did a poor job of weaving the two plots together. The whole thing with The Hand and The Chaste was just too underdeveloped to seem like more than a sideplot and I hope it all pays off for Defenders.

I just hope they don't fuck up Iron Fist.
>>
Enjoyed it a lot despite its flaws.

>dat Frank
>dat Fisk
>dat Elektra
>dat Stick
>>
>>67541643
I haven't watched season 2 but I disliked Stick in season 1 because it completely changes how you see DD. At first you think he's an anomaly. Stick however makes it seem like you could pull any blind kid off the street and train them in a random martial arts for a few years and they'd be capable fighters.
>>
>>67534665
>The only season that I would say was good was the first of daredevil.
Season 2 was better than season 1 in almost every way. Nothing happened in S1 for like 5 episodes.
I think people don't remember it very well.
>>
>>67541896
>Stick however makes it seem like you could pull any blind kid off the street and train them in a random martial arts for a few years and they'd be capable fighters

Did we watch the same show? Go back and re-watch that because unless I'm wrong Stick clearly understands that Matt has super heightened senses and that's why he begins to train him in the first place. Yes, Matt is only trained in martial arts but the reason why he's such a capable fighter is the fact that he can track what you're going to do the instant you decide to do it.
>>
>>67542061
>Stick clearly understands that Matt has super heightened senses and that's why he begins to train him in the first place.
Yes. And what about Stick? Why is he a Kung Fu uber badass?
>>
File: meme.jpg (50 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
50 KB, 500x333
>>67542276
>>
>>67542276
Why is Yoda such a powerful wizard?
>>
>>67542306
Exactly. That's the problem with stick (for me at least). I'll grant you that Matt has super senses but stick is also a blind ninja and there's absolutely no reason for it. He's just a blind ninja master.
>>
Why was Karen sitting at the councilor table? She's not a client or lawyer, what the fuck is she doing there?
>>
>>67542342
>>67542342
He has one of the highest midichlorian counts in the entire galaxy and has live for almost a thousand years giving him much more time to hone his abilities than humans and other aliens typically get to.

Like I don't mind there being Matt having a guy that teaches him martial arts that's supposed to be a badass. I have an issue with that guy being blind because until we have reason to suspect otherwise he's just blind ninja. Are we supposed to accept that the typical blind person with proper training could become a ninja?
>>
>>67542497
>Like I don't mind (edit)Matt having a guy that teaches him martial arts that's supposed to be a badass.
>>
I had to take a break from it for a few days when I only had 2 episodes left. I wish I wouldn't have watched those last two.
>>
>>67538734
>it's literally only episode 5
>>
>>67542497
>>67542517
I feel like you keep forgetting that they're technically not blind. Matt even describes what he sees is "a world on fire".

>typical blind person with proper training could become a ninja
What? They both possess super heightened sense.
>>
>>67535073
It's kinda open, why it came up and who came up with it, but the reason is pretty obvious: They're in hell's kitchen and a man, dressed in black and red suit, is going after people to punish them and make them pay.
>>
I hope the excuse for Matt's radar sense is the chemicals, because the whole "blind people have better senses" thing has been proven to be complete horseshit.
>>
>>67542586
I feel like you're not even listening to my point at all.

Literally ignore Matt entirely. I'm 100% completely fine with him doing crazy ninja shit. I have implied this through my posts pretty directly but you don't seem to understand it so here I am flat out saying it. I have absolutely no problem with Matts character doing the things he does.

I have a problem with Sticks character because he does everything Matt can do even though as far as we know (at least in season 1) Stick doesn't have super senses nor does he "see the world on fire"

Maybe I missed some bit in season 1 about Stick having super senses but unless I did he's literally just a blind guy that inexplicably is also a ninja that can hold his own against somebody with super heightened senses.
>>
What the fuck is Madame Gao? She's not part of the hand so she can't be like Nobu so what the hell is she?
>>
Final episode was a trainwreck. Only thing that could have saved that endless ninja goons fight would have been Frank mowing them down with a minigun, but all he did was show up on another roof and snipe literally 3 guys. It made me feel like that's what they actually intended to do but ultimately ran out of budget. What a wasted opportunity
>>
>>67542532
Punisher needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Whenever Punisher's not onscreen all the other characters should be asking "Where's Punisher?"
>>
Season 1 was super boring and the premise of his character made me laugh. He's literally just a blind guy that boxes, like you could just pick a random guy from any boxing gym that can still see and he would be a better fighter than this guy.

Is it worth slogging through season 1 to get to the Punisher stuff or can I just skip right to them?
>>
>>67542839
>expecting Punisher to show up to the rooftop fight because how awesome would that be
>he shoots 3 guys and leaves

T-Thanks
>>
File: fast-forward.jpg (18 KB, 626x626) Image search: [Google]
fast-forward.jpg
18 KB, 626x626
>it's a scene without Frank
>>
>>67542756
I feel like you're not even listening to MY point at all so I'll just repeat what I've said:

>typical blind person with proper training could become a ninja
What? They both possess super heightened sense.

If you're that autistic and you want examples the first time they meet eachother stick is eating ice-cream and comments on all the shit that dairy has been through before it was made into cream. Later on in the season Stick meets Matt at his apartment and Stick fucking feels the texture of Matt's bed sheets while being in a different room.

This shouldn't even need to be explained. STICK HAS HEIGHTENED SENSES TOO.
>>
>>67542883
Punisher is not connected to the plot in season 2 so you can watch his scenes independently without confusion.
>>
>>67542883
He knows kung-fu though.

>tfw there'll never be a Daredevil played by Keanu
>>
>>67542956
>>67542883
Some extra footage and creative editing would make the first 4 episodes a pretty good Punisher flick
>>
>>67542948
>What? They both possess super heightened sense.

You seem to be ignoring that I was sort of pointing out in my post that as far as I can remember in season one they never mentioned Stick have heightened senses or why. So i'll just come out and say it.
Where does it say in season 1 that Stick has super heightened senses and why does he have them.

If he doesn't specifically say he has them then why can he do the things he does and if they don't mention WHY he has them are we supposed to believe that blind people just have heightened senses? If they don't actually say both then my point that Sticks character makes it seem like anybody that's blind could become a crime fighting hero with a bit of training.
>>
>>67543068
>If they don't actually say both then my point that Sticks character makes it seem like anybody that's blind could become a crime fighting hero with a bit of training is valid****.
>>
>>67542956
>>67542992
Good. The whole story line about the kid's dad being kidnapped or whatever was just annoying.
>>
>>67543098
>>67543068
Okay you're either trolling at this point or actually autistic.
>>
The ninja choreography was just terrible. They didn't even try to use their swords.

That last scene they just stood there while their boss got doubleteamed and did nothing.

So many scenes where Matt should b have gotten shot but the thug was an absolutely terrible shot. The hostage rescue comes to mind the most, I mean seriously what the fuck was the last guard even aiming at? Daredevil's beating up his friend and he's just wildly spraying into the ceiling. The first season did guns well, now they're starting to go the Arrow route where the thugs don't even attempt to shoot the hero. It really kills the action scenes for me.
>>
>>67543108
That lasted literally one episode and was only there to introduce Claire's character.
>>
>>67543157
So just to be clear you're not going to say when Stick says he also has heightened senses and why he has them. Thanks for playing.
>>
>>67542756
Stick is supposed to be mysterious, they never fully explain just why he can do what he does in the comics. He has some telepathic abilities though.
>>
The only problem with the season was the Hand, and the problem wasn't even the arc itself but how it was so completely out of place when compared to the Punisher.
And what is most maddening is that it was so easy to get the Hand in while making so much more use of the punisher, you can literally do his whole arc and use it as the focus of the season making the Hand a minor plot to use in the third season and them leave the big shit for The Defenders while doing the KingPin comeback on season 4.
Season two would've been so much better if it was like this
>First 4 episodes full punisher arc.
>Next four episodes the trial and the introduction of the Hand, and Matt destroying himself trying to stop them whitouth even knowing what they are.
>Last 4 episodes Punisher is out of prison, the hand is almost killing Matt, Karen and punisher get to the Blacksmith.
>Matt is completely psychologically disturbed by how the Hand is hunting Daredevil down and getting to the ones he saved,
>Goes for the Punisher for help, they both fight their way to save the hostages.
>Matt let's Frank do it his way, but doesn't kill anyone.
>Matt and Nobu re encounter, Matt get his ass kicked, Frank saves Matt, Nobu fucks Frank up.
>Matt is now enraged, by how his ways don't work and about how he not finishing the job is fucking shit up, throws Nobu out of the building like he did in the season finale.
>Get Frank to Claire, let him go on his way after he's able to walk again.
Season finale is about Elektra and Stick, don't know how to introduce them, but they need to be there to make the third season about the hand.
>>
>>67543176
Really? It had to be longer than that, it definitely felt a lot longer than one episode. It was boring but not that boring.

The last thing I remember is a Russian guy pulling a rib out of his prison mate's dead body.
>>
>>67543211
So we have no idea then. That's my entire problem with him. If we had SOME idea it'd be fine but nope. He's just inexplicably also blind and a ninja master assassin. Until we have something he just basically makes it seem like Matt isn't exceptional in his heightened senses and for all we know Stick used to train an entire school of blind ninjas back in the day. That's the problem at least with show Stick. He makes it seem like anybody that's blind could be like Matt.
>>
>>67543308
>The last thing I remember is a Russian guy pulling a rib out of his prison mate's dead body.

Sounds like one hell of a party :^)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVO5bUFww0
>>
>>67543426
You have to be completely idiot to not understand how he has powers and how he sees the world on fire (even better than Matt) even tho they don't just say it in your face. (but they implie it HARD, like, saying it in your face whitouth using words.)
>>
>>67543426
That's entirely what Stick believes is that anyone could be like that with the right training and willpower. But 99.9% of the population don't have what it takes.
>>
>>67543548
That shits flat out retarded.

>>67543547
see >>67543203
>>
>>67533254
It was much better than S1 and JJ, I really hope The Punisher gets his own series he was phenomenal. Thank god the Kingpin came out strong this season I hope he gets stronger and becomes the villain 3 or 4 seasons from now. I do not have high hopes for the Luke Cage series other than probably seeing more super humans. I think I will like Iron Fist I enjoyed the Hand and Yakuza enemies.
>>
>>67543585
Is it really that much more retarded then someone who gets radioactive waste splashed in his eyes which gives him superpowers?
>>
>>67543654
Whoops, wait a sec.
Matt already had those power in him, the lost of his vision just made them come up.
>>
>>67543654
Yes.
>>
>>67542756
It's a pretty common trope for the old wise kung fu master to be capable of all sorts of shit. It's another common trope for the blind kung fu master to be even better than people who can see. Just mix those two together and voila, "kung fu magic".
>>
>>67542823
I think she's gonna tie in to Iron Fist what with the Steel Serpent thing they had going on.
>>
>>67542716
Literally implied in the first fucking episode in S1 you dumb cunt.
>>
>>67545001
Rewatch it, Matt states he had stronger senses but he doesn't say if it's from loss of sight or the chemicals.
Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.