[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All this movie did was make me hate Indians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
All this movie did was make me hate Indians
>>
I love how dumb normie plebs think it's some kind of artistic masterpiece

ITS DEEP BROOO WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT

It's tarkovsky for dummies who dont any better, but its still a solid adventure/survival flick
>>
>>67532560

It's one of the few movies that doesn't go full "noble savage" on you and shows you what they were actually like. They were stone-age savages that enjoyed murder, rape, and robbery. And a lot of the cultures were cannibals and into blood sacrifices and mutilations.

Crack open a book before you believe the whole SJW bullshit.
>>
>>67532560
its Native Americans you fucking mong
>>
the indians were okay but that bear moved WAY too fast to be believable
>>
I liked how it showed the frontier to basically be a complete war zone where everyone will attack you on sight just to take your shit. Dunno how historically accurate it was though.
>>
>>67532560
You didn't already hate them?
>>
>>67532941
The few Indians who aren't ruined by drink are actually pretty nice people.
>>
>>67532690
Hey back then the white people where enjoying murder rape and robbery as they where. It's just that when they did it, it was civilized... I am sure the whole canabilism thing was there too just not nearly as bad..
>>
It was a terrible film

>Ripping off that annoying Terrance Malik tree of life style cinematography where the camera is always staring up from a mouse-eyed perspective. Which is fine for arthouse films but looks shit in a hollywood movie
>Made almost entirely to get Dicaprio an oscar
>All the characters are ugly, boring, and uninteresting
>The indians are just crazy murderers in the film, but then against so is everyone else
>Made me hate nature
>Doesn't really have a story, just an oscar bait torture film
>>
>>67532761

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBBmdays-c4

Grizzlies are pretty fast fampai
>>
>>67533078
>It's just that when they did it, it was civilized

no, it's just when they did it they were criminals, it wasn't a cultural norm. as for war, which is probably what you're refering to, that was committed against foreign cultures and guess what? the indians did it to.....and were a lot less nice about it.

the whole thing about white people being civilized stems from how white people treat each other. in all cultures the attitude to outsiders was generally 'get fucked'.
>>
>>67532848

Depended on who liked who. The movie depicts the French trading with the Cree which was entirely accurate. Tribes were friendly/hostile in varying degrees in varying areas. Some tribes would trade with you and let you have a big orgy with their daughters, some would murder you and mutilate the body.
>>
>>67533091
>>Ripping off that annoying Terrance Malik tree of life style cinematography
Lubezki is Malick's cinematographer. He developed that style along with Malick. It's as much his as it is Malick's.
>>
>>67532654
>It's tarkovsky for dummies
Fuck off. You saw that one misleading youtube video and you think you know what you're talking about.
>>
File: elder.jpg (28 KB, 410x314) Image search: [Google]
elder.jpg
28 KB, 410x314
>Leonardo DiCaprio, for my money, is an overgrown boy trying to be a man. I mean, he just doesn't come across as a mountain man.

Nailed it.
>>
>>67533110
>grizzled mother bear
>young elk

I bet I could run as fast as that little shit.
>>
File: sanic.jpg (219 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
sanic.jpg
219 KB, 1920x1080
>>67533722

Sure you can kid.
>>
>>67533091
So you're saying that Malick's DP stole from himself?
>>
>>67533834
Are you fucking retarded? Bear has to run on 4 legs and I can jump way higher than a stupid bear
>>
>>67534668
>cheetahs are slow because they have to run on four legs
>>
>>67535019
They run on flat ground dummy
>>
>>67532690
>implying all indians were like that.
>not cracking open a book yourself
>>
File: 1357906075611.jpg (606 KB, 1952x1744) Image search: [Google]
1357906075611.jpg
606 KB, 1952x1744
>dude this movie sucked xD
>>
>>67533834
short distance you probably could run faster than that bear, not for medium distances. extremely long distances easy as hell
>>
>>67532654
>MUH TARKOSVKY
Literally kill yourself my man
>>
>>67535702
nothing wrong with vlc
>>
>>67532560
You mean treeniggers?
>>
>>67535702
The kinda person who likes The Revenant is that person though.
The movie is revisionist history that turns Glass' story into a revenge flick when the real life Glass forgave Fitzgerald.
>>
>>67533290

Except that for Indians war was everyday culture. Their populations were far to small to have a professional army, so when there was trouble every man in the village became a soldier. They didn't actually fight any more than white people did, it's just when they did a larger proportion of their population was forced to fight because the population was smaller.

Also in this movie they had pretty good justification considering that they were trying to save the guy's daughter from French rapists.
>>
>>67536585
Did you watch the film? He doesn't kill him in the movie either.
>>
>>67533078
Not really.

Every society has its darker aspects. Except the modern myth is that natives were peaceful spirits in league with nature til the white man did them wrong, when in reality they could be absolutely horrific. Like everyone else.
People are people.
>>
>>67536585
Not necessarily. I liked The Revenant because it was technically brilliant, and as a film fan (tips fedora, pretension, etc etc) I enjoyed watching it for the cinematography and the raw brutality of it. A lot of people I talked to about it liked it too for these reasons too.
>>
Pretty good movie, I remember watching in the theater and a guy was always saying what is going to happend next, Fucking Idiot.
>>
>>67536484
literally re_ddit: the media player

real patricians use mpc-hc
>>
>>67532690

>don't let people fool you into believing one extreme
>believe the other extreme instead

End your life, my man, you're fucked.
>>
File: 1458641669287.jpg (24 KB, 581x406) Image search: [Google]
1458641669287.jpg
24 KB, 581x406
>>67532560

#REDLIVESMATTER YOU RACIST SHITLORD

WE WERE RIGHT TO GENOCIDE THOSE PRIMITIVES AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT IN THE FIRST PLACE

IF IT WASN'T FOR US THEYD STILL BE RIDING HORSES AND TRADING BEADS, BUNCH OF SAVAGES
>>
>>67532654
>It's Tarkovsky for dummies

I hate when this board tries
>>
>>67536184

Bears can run like 30 mph, human record is 22 mph you inbred retard. Literally no one can outrun a bear. Watch Animal Planet, faggot.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.