[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/zack -snyder-fountainhead.htm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: snyder_rand.jpg (218 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
snyder_rand.jpg
218 KB, 620x412
http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/zack-snyder-fountainhead.html

apparently Zach Snyder is an Ayn Rand fan, this explains a lot about his movies. i hope he gets to direct all DC movies from here on out
>>
http://www.filmfreakcentral.net/ffc/2016/03/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice.html
>>
King Vidor's The Fountainhead starring Gary Cooper and Patricia O'Neal with screenplay by Ayn Rand was pretty bad

Atlas Shrugged was super retarded

Legend of the Seeker was pretty dumb

The Incredibles was okay I guess

Will there ever be a truly great Objectivist film?
>>
>>67532044
Damn. He makes for a prettier girl than she does.
>>
>>67534042
>Legend of the Seeker
>The Incredibles
>Objectivist

eh lad?
>>
>>67534042

Jesus Christ I kept reading that as "Patrice O'Neal".
>>
>>67534168
Oh my god, do you? That's so interesting. Please tell me more.
>>
>>67534042
>Will there ever be a truly great Objectivist film?
Nope, because Objectivism is the most retarded philosophical viewpoint ever conceived.
>>
>>67532044
that explains it, everyone who likes ayn rand is a colossal faggot
>>
>>67534147
Terry Goodkind is a hard core Randian, but you're right, that wasn't really expressed in Legend of the Seeker as it was in the books

>>67534238
Well, does philosophical validity matter when it comes to making great art? Many of the films I adore express political or philosophical views which I don't agree with. Personally, I think The Fountainhead could make a GREAT movie if handled correctly
>>
File: fingerless-gloves-fedora.png (117 KB, 320x263) Image search: [Google]
fingerless-gloves-fedora.png
117 KB, 320x263
>>67534238
>>67534323
>>
>>67534387
Rand is objectively retarded.

Go ahead, post your projection folder of reddit images
>>
>>67534323
>>67534238
Give me reasons without going full carl the cuck mode on me
>>
>>67534215

I did. It was really a shock that I decided to post in the thread about it. You are free to review my initial post to share the surprise.
>>
explains why he is such a shitty director
>>
File: 193735496252.jpg (32 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
193735496252.jpg
32 KB, 249x249
>mfw everytime rand is mention, a brigade of angry bernieboiis appear
everytime
>>
>>67534524
her stupid philosophy crashed the entire world economy
>>
>>67534348
>The Fountainhead could make a GREAT movie if handled correctly.

I'm reading it now and the scene when Keating freaks the fuck out out on Heyer and kills him would be fantastic if it was well acted.
>>
File: greed is good.jpg (28 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
greed is good.jpg
28 KB, 500x286
>>67534042
Great Objectivist film? already exists
>>
>>67535116
That isn't an Objectivist film.
>>
Why the fuck do so many celebrities worship this cunt. God damn she is spooked beyond belief
>>
>>67534524
Greed actually isn't good in the grand scheme of things and capitalism isn't voluntary
>>
>>67532044

Zack Snyder is a proponent of the atheist worldview in filmmaking.

No substance beyond the material.

Reminds me of this quote:

> An interesting essay might be written on the possession of an atheistic literary style. There is such a thing. The mark of it is that wherever anything is named or described, such words are chosen as suggest that the thing has not got a soul in it. Thus they will not talk of love or passion, which imply a purpose and a desire. They talk of the “relations” of the sexes, as if they were simply related to each other in a certain way, like a chair and a table. Thus they will not talk of the waging of war (which implies a will), but of the outbreak of war – as if it were a sort of boil. Thus they will not talk of masters paying more or less wages, which faintly suggests some moral responsibility in the masters: they will talk of the rise and fall of wages, as if the thing were automatic, like the tides of the sea. Thus they will not call progress an attempt to improve, but a tendency to improve. And thus, above all, they will not call the sympathy between oppressed nations sympathy; they will call it solidarity. For that suggests brick and coke, and clay and mud, and all the things they are fond of.
>>
>>67534042
>The Incredibles was okay I guess
Brad Bird is not an objectivist whether you mistake his films as pro-objectivist shit or not.
>>
>>67535942
What, based on some disavowal you googled?

Brad Bird used to post on Objectivism: We the Living, a mailing list administrated by Jimbo Wales of Wikipedia fame. I have 5 posts from him in my inbox.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.