[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coherence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Bi-monthly "just watched this guise" thread.

>yfw the black cuts are skips to different houses, hence why even before weird shit starts happening, people are getting confused, like the girl who doesn't realise the guy from Roswell
>yfw the girl in glasses actually has on different ones all the time
>>
The movie was stupid.
>>
>>67529562

I need to rewatch this film. I thought we stuck with the same group to start with, and the creepy "door to nowhere" and the inability of the girl to recognise Xander off tv were hints that even before the night of the comet, some timeline crossing might have already happened.

on the other hand I enjoyed it so much I kind of want to keep it as a good memory rather than picking it to pieces, you know?
>>
>>67529932

Just after I watched it I would have agreed. It's low-budget, almost like Primer in deliberately trying to confuse you. Nice little mindfuck but nothing too great.

Then when you think about it, read a few trivia pages on IMDB and TVtropes, you realise that actually for most of the movie there is no consistent "party" at all, it's obvious for the last few acts, but the whole film has like several timelines meeting from the off.
>>
>>67529932
>I thought we stuck with the same group to start with
Haven't seen it in a while so don't mind if I'm missing something but the first "jump" is right at the start when the girl's in the car and her phone gets fucked up. The people she meets at the party aren't her group to start with. Or something along those lines.
>>
>>67529932
she doesn't even enter the house from her reality. her phone breaks when the comet is already overhead so it's assumed that the mix up had started from the very opening credits.
>>
This movie perfectly captured the essence of a bad hallucinogenic trip during the second act. I mean that in a good way.
>>
>>67530987

I love the scene where they're desperate for the short-haired woman to tell them she laced their food with ketamine. They don't want it to be real.
>>
>>67531144

Yeah, that's exactly the scene I was thinking about when I posted that.
>>
>when Amir and Hugh realise they're in the wrong house
>try to sway the occupants into "returning" the box and not stealing their book
>>
>>67529562
>>yfw the girl in glasses actually has on different ones all the time
Congratulations, you made me check. It's the same pair every time.
>>
>>67532358

In the same cut, Em hears the "thrift store glass" bit again, so she's already in definitely the wrong house also.
>>
>>67529562
Didn't like it. I found the premise really intredasting, but eventually it just dragged on, barely ever explained anything and the end was very disappointing.
It always happens to me with these kinds of movies, great premise builds up too much expectations and ends up being disappointing.
>>
How would you mark your party, /tv/?

>use a knife to lightly cut a d20 number into the skin
>small notches in the number based on another dice roll
>only leave the house as a full group, holding hands
>>
>>67532862
>have sex with all of the women
>ejaculate inside one of them
>smear a poop smudge on the left buttcheek of another
>smear a poop smudge behind the right ear of the other
>do nothing to the other woman except fuck her
>>
I'd start changing realities until I found one where /tv/ doesn't exists and stay there forever.
>>
>>67532656
>barely ever explained anything
It explained everything. The comet passes and creates several different realities and a transfer zone (the dark bit) in the middle they use to jump between different houses. Once the comet passes, each reality keeps going completely separate.
>>
The one thing that pisses me off is they don't explain if the realities are completely different alternate realities including their past and history, or only realities that split off forward from when the comet starts. Because one of the character says that no matter what reality, that woman cheated on her husband, which leads you to believe the latter. However the girl who got her successful career with a different past shows the former. Whoever wrote this didn't think it through. Suspension of disbelief ruined. Fucking dropped.
>>
>>67533641
what this guy >>67534333 said.
>>
https://youtube.com/watch?v=_E6hEq-7NJI

Only well executed part is when this starts playing

Good concept bad movie
>>
>>67534333
Well Mike thinks that the split happens when the comet starts (which is why he says "i fucked your wife in every one of them") but that might not be true. If you remember at the start, the other Mike thinks Laurie did Spoga (and she didn't) because Laurie apparently came from a reality where Mike didn't star in that TV show.
>>
File: 1311947803699.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1311947803699.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
I loooove this movie. I rewatched it immediately after first seeing it. It has such an eerie atmosphere to it, it really resonated with me.

This, Primer, Timecrimes and Triangle are all great. The One I Love is even decent and I would include in this theme.
>>
I like the poster
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.