[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name a more disappointing series than pic related season 10.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: thelma_louise.jpg (81 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
thelma_louise.jpg
81 KB, 1000x500
Name a more disappointing series than pic related season 10.

> protip: you can't
>>
Twin Peaks Season 3
>>
>>67527690

That's another good candidate for diarrhea-tier, let's see. But, seriously, what's wrong with X-files? Were actors and producers so deep in shit/poverty/drug/depression that they felt unavoidable to accept going back on the set and making SUCH A HUGE SHIT?

> former X-Files fan, at least first few seasons
> 32 yo
> buckets of cum thinking of Scully back in my time
> watched first two episodes of 10th season
> dead inside
> slowly
>>
>>67527561
i know you will hate me but I kinda liked it, it was like seeing some wacky good old friend, who got older and is not in its prime anymore but am still happy to see it.
His jokes are not as good as they were but he is still not a boring mid lifer person.

Also, if you didnt know him in his prime, you just dont get it.
>>
>>67527910

I don't hate you but I can't agree with you... I mean, OK, it's nice to see the old guys back together again... But JESUS CHRIST, the plot! We are in 2016, the rant about chemtrails/vaccineautism/Roswell/HAARP is cool no more! No better ideas for the series? Bah...
>>
>>67528137
I agree.
Also, there is a lot of wierd stuff happening in the world today(neo-barbarism, slow beginning of new technocratic dark age, augmented people etc..).
I cant stress this enough but it was totally inconceivable to see real beheading of the person on tv, or human body parts hanging from bridge in urban area back in nineties(i think there were VHS tapes of "to hard for TV" or something but that was childs play to what kids have today on their cell phones and show to one another in schools(my 11 year old halfsis showed me clip where some mexican Cartel morons cut heads to some poor sods with chainsaw), and that shit is totaly normal.

Border of whats normal went to shit since 9/11 + explosion of meth.
In there lies new X-Files and these things are new UFOs and aliens,
we become mad globaly and we dont even notice it.
>>
>>67528977
>we become mad globaly and we dont even notice it.

So sad, so true.
>>
File: Gillian_Anderson2.jpg (534 KB, 1280x1762) Image search: [Google]
Gillian_Anderson2.jpg
534 KB, 1280x1762
>>67527907
>used to cum buckets thinking of Scully as well
>saw this picture (along with other pics of that shoot) in a sci-fi mag
>came fish tanks
>>
>>67532263
back then, Scully was my "stoicfu" whereas Deep Space 9's Jadzia Dax was my "smilyfu".
Ah, 90s TV...
>>
>>67532263
boioioioioing!
>>
Were-Monster was one of the ten best episodes, and for a 6 episode season that's actually pretty good.
>>
Heroes s 2-5
>>
I'm pretty much convinced scully is the reason I have a thing for red heads
>>
>>67527690
>Lynch back
>Frost there to ground him
>Most of the cast back
>The entire Palmer clan is back
>Lynch confirmed for resisting Showtime's meddling and getting them to give him more money and episodes
>Kyle confirmed you're going to shit your pants harder than before

It's gonna be the GOAT, sorry.
>>
>>67527561

I liked the Wereman episode, but even that felt more like a MadTV spoof of X-files rather than the show.
>>
File: why.jpg (60 KB, 850x600) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
60 KB, 850x600
OP is a fucking faggot.

I'm writing an X-Files spec script right now. That just about proves the impact that this show has made on all of us.
>>
>>67536521
No, he's right. The reunion was hot garbage. You fanboys would let Chris Carter shit in your mouths and thank him for it.
>>
>>67534596

Name a series that was cancelled then came back later in any form that wasn't shit.

You can't do it.
>>
File: why was this allowed.jpg (92 KB, 250x340) Image search: [Google]
why was this allowed.jpg
92 KB, 250x340
this fucking catastrophe right here

ive never seen a bigger drop from one season to the next. legitimately goes from elder god tier to JUST.
>>
I got into the series two months before the new season and watched it as it aired. I enjoyed it for the most part. Scully and Mulder still have the chemistry and that's half the show

I think the real problem is that the original run ended at just the moment that a new wave of post 9/11 conspiracies started. Instead of riffing on 30 years of campy and beloved alien and JFK/Watergate era conspiracies, Carter was playing catch up with the past 15 years of worn out cliches
>>
File: no.jpg (45 KB, 789x602) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
45 KB, 789x602
>>67536635
>You fanboys would let Chris Carter shit in your mouths and thank him for it.
Never.
>>
>>67536747

I'm glad for that. You get enough of that shit on here.

The problem for a show like this is there is too much documentation now. Everyone has a handheld computer with a camera. There is no mystery.
>>
>>67536847
I like the way the Were-Monster episode addressed the phone thing. Mulder can finally prove everything he's seen and he can't figure out the camera app
>>
>>67536974

Yeah, that ep really encompassed the problem with a show like XF in today's world. It works in that comedy ep, but you can only use it once. What next, the battery dies? You have to constantly come up with a reason and it kills the story.
>>
File: 1442940624813.jpg (23 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1442940624813.jpg
23 KB, 500x376
>>67527561
I stopped at episode 2 of the new season.
I could not handle the reboot bs,they can do whatever they want I don't care at this point.
They had great 9 seasons for better or worse and I enjoyed them.
>>
>>67534481
same here
>>
>>67536635

But all the fans agreed that the CC episodes were hot garbage, and the only redeeming episodes were Darin Morgan and the other half-decent MotW.
>>
>>67537057

>what next

He pulls out his gun instead of his phone?

While it was definitely a joke about the ridiculous portrayal of technology in the original run, I think that scene was also an homage to Kolchak, who runs into dangerous situations flashing his camera when everyone else around him is equipped with a gun.
>>
>>67537139
I'm only around Season 7, so spoiler tags if necessary, but why does everyone say the new ones are shit?

Is there anything really stand-out that makes them different?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.