[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Episode 3 is the best Star Wars film despite its flaws, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 287x176) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 287x176
Episode 3 is the best Star Wars film despite its flaws, right?
>>
>>67526249

Yeah.

It's got the most memes, a pretty good story, and some pretty mint action scenes.
>>
Episode 3 had meme magic
>>
>>67526249
only if you've seen the first 5 movies beforehand

it's the prefect conclusion
>>
it has nice action scenes
>>
Jesus Christ the samefagging in this thread. The only noteworthy meme of this film is faggots pretending it's good.
>>
>>67526249

i know the other prequels have some cringe dialogue, but episode 3 is really atrocious, so much so, that i still havn't been able to get through a second complete viewing of the movie
>>
It's the worst of the prequels.
>>
>>67527256
7R 7P, you newshill Redditor
>>
>hurrr it's good because it's dark and edgy just like me

1>3>2

All pretty shit.
>>
>>67527912
Episode 1 was legitimately bad
>>
>>67526249
Fuck you
>>
Revenge of the Sith is like a Shakespearean play or a Greek tragedy.

It can be campy, the dialogue might not mesh with you that well, but the story is great, the imagery and symbology and themes are fantastic.

It perfectly captures what a "Space Opera" should be.
>>
13 replies 3 unique posters (4 now)
>>
The first 45 minutes of Attack of the Clones is better than every Star Wars movie combined times infinity jillion
>>
File: 1439726812744.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439726812744.jpg
140 KB, 1920x1080
>>67529179
No, no it doesn't.

I could just quote the Plinkett reviews which sums up the trilogy perfectly but to put it simply the entire cast of characters in the prequels are unlikeable faggots.

Except for Sheev
>>
>>67529399
Why do characters have to be likeable or relatable?

You're meant to be watching a story, a tale of imagination, not self-inserting yourself in space. Shakespeare never wrote for his fans, he wrote to tell a good story, he was a visionary.

Lucas fits that role too. The story he wants to tell comes first, what the fans want come second.

If you want to be pandered to, then maybe capeshit is more to your liking.
>>
>>67529571
I understand that characters don't need to be likeable or relatable, in fact some of my favourite shows/movies depict characters I would never be friends with in real life.

I enjoy watching Hannibal go to town on innocent humans because it's enjoyable, I love seeing Don Draper get his ass handed to him from a woman and then the next day watching him fucking another one.

However, it's all about the way the characters and the scenes behave. The way scenes are shot in the prequels just comes off as lazy, the way characters are written comes off as lazy and incoherent. The entire plot doesn't follow logic AND is boring as hell to watch.

Pandered too? What the fans want comes second? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Wy8wKyFAs

He turned Yoda and Sidious from two genius force level users who transcended the need for lightsabers into two video game characters like everyone else.
>>
>>67526249
It's definitely the best of the prequels.

It has a really good story at it's core but it gets squandered by the piss poor dialogue and overuse of CGI.

I still enjoy watching it though, despite the flaws.
>>
>>67526249
i would say yes
>>
>/tv/ unironically defending the prequels

Are you kidding me?
>>
>>67526249
Wrong.
But keep circlejerking with your m8s, m8.
>>
It's fucking awful

Kill yourselves contrarians
>>
>>67526249
Yep. Exactly.
>>
>>67530785
It's /tv/ afer all. Get used to the fact that /tv/ has long gone to shit.
And if you dare criticising the prequels, you'll get RLM-bogeymanned.
Cause if you want to adapt, you need to be a contrarian fuccboi.
>>
>>67529571
They don't need to be likeable.
They don't need to be relatable.
But they better be actual characters instead of mere action figure templates.
Or put more simply: They still shouldn't just be fucking BORING.

And speaking along the lines of RLM (yes, I'm just gonna do that): If you gonna have a big, dumb space action flick you better just have a relatable protagonist in it, instead of having the convoluted plot get lost among the robotic weirdness of plasticky non-characters.
>>
>>67529179
>Revenge of the Sith is like a Shakespearean play or a Greek tragedy.
That doesn't make it good at it.
>>
>>67529571
>Shakespeare never wrote for his fans, he wrote to tell a good story
That's not quite true, though. He catered in various ways to his patrons.
>>
>>67533075
True dat!
>>
The Phantom Menace is the best.

Underwater chase scene.
Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi wan vs Darth Maul
Pod racing
Uses real sets and real locations more then the other two movies
Duel of the Fates music score

Anyone who says TPM is the worse or that AOTC and ROTS are better then TPM should go fucking die.
>>
It had Sheev, Obi Wan at his best, and Hayden actually kind of acting decently, so it's definitely the best of the prequels at least and probably above ROTJ.
>>
>>67526249
If it has flaws how can it be the best? Its like saying this pizza is the best if it did not taste like shit.
>>
>>67526249
No joke I actually like it a lot, even if it's really cheesy and has a lot of flaws I still feel the fall of Anakin Skywalker is an interesting story.
>>
>>67533334
Everything has flaws you fucking mong it comes down to which one has the least detrimental ones
>>
>>67533250
How could it be above ROTJ when ROTJ is clearly the best out of the three original movies?

Jabbas Palace
Luke vs Vader (best duel in the entire movie franchise)
Endor speeder chase scene
Battle of Endor (in space)
The Emperor
>>
File: 1435277481055.png (113 KB, 360x214) Image search: [Google]
1435277481055.png
113 KB, 360x214
Several years too early for proper casting
>>
>>67533424
Fuck you ep 7 is the best despite its flaws
>>
>>67533460
ROTJ was stuck on a spectrum of decent to totally shit in just about every part that wasn't the sheev/luke/vader bits.
>>
>>67533477
This. It would have been pure pottery; Kubric-levels of kinography.
>>
>>67532726
This! And yes, that's true for ALL of the prequels.
>>
That final duel between Obi and Vader was fucking epic, lava scene aside.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.