[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: NE5vzsovEubO8c_3_b.jpg (51 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
NE5vzsovEubO8c_3_b.jpg
51 KB, 600x316
I'd like to start a discussion on Star Wars and Luke in particular.

First, look at this face, in pic related. LOOK. AT. HIM.
Is this the face of a man who was deeply moved by Rey's arrival? Or was it the face of SHEER UNDILUTED TERROR in the face of the incredible powerhouse that is Rey?

I mean, for all intents and purposes... the force has awakened in Rey, the movie made this very clear, and while it already provided her with incredible powers/knowledge/instinct prior to her awakening, now it is CONSCIOUS.

Rey appears to have become the LORD OF STAR WARS and in the next movie, our old hero Luke Skywalker will reveal the truth of her divinity and then aid her in her quest as a lackey.

And if he's lucky, maybe she'll teach him a thing or two about the force. Is there simply anything our girl can't do?
>>
>>67525766

> Is there simply anything our girl can't do?

How about have a believable skill set or personality?
>>
>>67525766
will it be rape?
>>
>>67525766
To me he just looks bored.
>>
>>67526058
Can the character be salvaged, realistically?

>>67526185
When you say that, I can't help but imagine Rey pegging Luke with his own lightsaber.

>>67526223
Fair enough. I think he looks absolutely terrified of the girl with over one million midichlorians.
>>
>>67525766
She's his daughter
Now following his path
She is so far along this path, there is no turning back
He knows this
He is despondent
>>
He looks like a man whose dream was torn apart in front of him.
>>
He's sad his best friend died. Also sad that JJ Abrams is a fucking hack.
>>
That's just the face of a man thinking about the good old days when he used to be a cute twink like Rey.
>>
>>67526322

>Can the character be salvaged, realistically?

I honestly believe so. That scene of her in the helmet eating was very humanizing. If they tone down the girl power chosen one bullshit, I think they can still make her a good character.
>>
Looks like he's just bored tbqh
>>
File: 1458709591111.webm (3 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
1458709591111.webm
3 MB, 1920x800
>>67526223
>>67526506
He clearly looks sad, autismos.
>>
>>67525766
Rey didn't even do much. Kylo just needs to learn force lightning and fuck her shit up
>>
>>67526322
The only way to salvage it is to say she Was trained very young and saved from Kylos autistic hissy fit that destroyed Lukes jedi acadamy and sent to jakku with her memory "erased" then when Kylo probes her brain it awakens her previous training that was repressed and using anger she was able to defeat a severely weakened Kylo. Luke will then teach her the error of her ways in using anger because that leads to the dark side.
>>
>>67527186
Probably the whole next movies plot lmao
>>
>>67526664
Look at his face

You cannot tell me that he doesn't know who she is
>>
File: 1420345361231.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1420345361231.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
That is the face of an old man that learnt to hate his favourite movie franchise.

The circular helicopter movement shoot makes it extra sophisticated.
>>
>>67527186
>>67527294
Ray rekt the academy and since she was lukes daughter she got mindwiped and dumped on a desert she believed to have lived in her whole life.

Kylo thought that this special privilege towards her for being lukes daughter is complete crap and became disillusioned with the jedi/light side thus joining the dark.

Luke is angry and sad to see that all his efforts and schemes to hide her from herself have failed.
>>
>>67526664
I figured it was because Rey held out the lightsaber to him and it triggered painful memories he'd tried to leave behind by becoming a monk or whatever he's doing
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.