[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>anticipating either a stupidly huge intimidating guy to appear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
>anticipating either a stupidly huge intimidating guy to appear from the tunnel
>or an ironically small guy to appear
>instead we get a ever so slightly above average looking guy that spoils the whole scene

literally why did tarentino do this ?

also shittest casting choices thread i guess
>>
>expectation => destroyed
>OP asks why

topkek
>>
>>67525497

It bothered me too. Why the build up with him walking down the tunnel into the light for some big reveal for it to be nothing at all? He should have just been standing right beside them in plain sight and just introduced when he picks up the bat or something,
>>
>>67525497
tarantino is an absolute expert at destroying expectations you should know this
>>
>>67525497
>>67525598
The point was that they made a show of the executions to intimidate the germans.

There just dudes, scraping by and doing what they can, but if they have little gimmicks and nicknames and performances, rumors will spread. The stories get exaggerated, and create fear in the German soldiers.
>>
>>67525621
>>67525587
seriously though did he mean to make everyone think "oh, right ?"

or are him and eli roth just bum buds and he wanted to give him a cool part ?
>>
>>67525729
probably both
>>
>>67525706
i kind of get that, but in terms of how its shown it still feels totally out of place
>>
>>67525497
Why did he make the Nazi's the good guys? I didn't quite understand that, is he just antisemitic or something?
>>
>>67525810
but he didnt
>>
>>67525840
Yes he did, go watch it if you don't believe me.
>>
>>67525797
The next scene is Hitler telling the survivor to keep his mouth shut about the incident.

So if they guy goes out and tells his buddy "3 of us got captured, and while they scalped the dead, this big hairy guy they called 'the Bear Jew' came out with a club and bashed the other guys brains in with a baseball bat."

So while the guy himself is slightly bigger than average, his buddy is now picturing a big ass bear looking guy. And he goes and tells the story to other people, and now all the sudden there is an eight foot tall Jew running around the forest clobbering soldiers with a log.
>>
>>67525810
Historical accuracy
>>
>>67525497
Wanted Adam Sandler, turned it down to do Funny People, so he asked his friend to jump in last minute.

While I don't think he gave the strongest performance in the film, I also don't think he was terrible. Like >>67525706 says, they're just a bunch of dudes who enlisted because they saw what was happening and got angry about it.

As for worst casting in film, I really hated watching Jennifer Lawrence in (insert movie here). I know it's a popular opinion but man she is just not that great.
>>
>>67525994
this
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.