[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>very lighthearted >superman saves everyone, even bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Superman_Christopher-Reeve.jpg (73 KB, 943x1200) Image search: [Google]
Superman_Christopher-Reeve.jpg
73 KB, 943x1200
>very lighthearted
>superman saves everyone, even bad guys, never kills anybody
>superman has clear pricinples, values, morals and motivations
>humor
>no angsty 21st century edgelord emo shit

Was this the one true capekino?
>>
no it was comedy gay shit
>>
>>67523107
Lonely virgin.
>>
>>67523066
Batman was better
>>
Superman just cant function as dark and gritty, its goes against what makes him Superman

DC somehow don't understand this
>>
>>67523066
Superhero movies are retarded, only children/manchildren watch them.
>>
>>67523066
This
>>
File: rogues.jpg (161 KB, 1200x968) Image search: [Google]
rogues.jpg
161 KB, 1200x968
>>67523066
Dick Tracy was the one true capekino
>>
>>67523196
Posting on 4chan is retarded, only children/manchildren do it.
>>
File: 1453978153161.png (441 KB, 1022x315) Image search: [Google]
1453978153161.png
441 KB, 1022x315
>>67523174
Captain America Winter Soldier was dark(ish) and it was good. Difference was, was that the writing was pandering bullshit to emos and youtubers like Man of Steel and BvS. Also Captain America wasn't an angsty twat, he was still a good guy who does good things in the face of evil .
>>
>>67523066
Superman the movie was great

Shame he kills de powered zod in the sequel
>>
>>67523339
That's the thing about Captain America. He is a pure hero displaced in time. He is the shining light in the bleak world.

I wouldn't Superman movies were darker if he remained that beacon of hope. They SAY he does in the movies, but he doesn't.
>>
>>67523702
*I wouldn't mind if Superman movies were darker
>>
>>67523066
>kills zod in Superman 2
Come on son
>>
>>67523339
>muh winter soldier
I honestly forgot that I watched this shit.
>>
he just takes away their powers
they all kill themselves
>>
i don't get the people complaining of the lack of idealism and camp in films

we're living in times when the most fundamental institutions of our world are either decaying or collapsing and people are upset the stories we like reflect the deep anxiety the overwhelming majority feels
>>
>>67523066
For fucks sake you faggot, don't you ever tire of posting your limp wristed shit?
If you don't like it go back to your safe space and read your marvel comics there.
>>
Why can't Cavill's suit look like that? Why the dull, muted colors and retarded texture?
>>
>>67523130
you are? That's a shame. I'm married.
>>
>>67523066
Superman saved Lex from Doomsday in BvS
>>
>>67524073
Because other recent successful superheros had suits like that. If they made money we have to do the same thing to make money.
>>
>>67523066
i don't know why they're so against it. i mean leave that broody bullshit to batman.
>>
the Reeves films are nothing like Superman in the comics
those films are camp comedies
>>
Superman II is the best cape-shit ever. I don't even like the Donner version because it has the time-travel crap in it. He should just time-travel in every fucking movie, then.
>>
File: 1448389641037.jpg (58 KB, 525x503) Image search: [Google]
1448389641037.jpg
58 KB, 525x503
>>67523066
>never kills anybody

Think you need to watch those movies act laddie
>>
>>67524797
No, but your wife is a chubby 3/10.
>>
>>67523211
>littleface, the one true mobster, dies in the first 3 minutes

;_; feelsbadman
>>
>>67523985
Maybe camp isn't needed, but idealism is. The overwhelming majority may be cynical and tired, but heroes need to remain heroes. Otherwise, they are antiheroes. You know, like Batman.
>>
>>67523211
10/10 Megadrive game famuel
>>
I actually think dark Superman is the right direction. He SHOULD be an asshole, and he SHOULD be the villian. This whole "hurr mankinds champion" shit is retarded. Batman is right, Superman is not a man, he's a living, thinking, indestructable nuke, capable of horrible shit, he's an inevitable liability even if he's currently under control. He's basically DCs Hulk, except worse
>>
>>67526528
Are those forty cakes yours? Be honest.
>>
>>67523066
Imagine all the people that died when he was date raping Lois Lane, holy shit it must be painful for him to listen to all the screaming nosies while have to put on a smile for Lois.
Shit this film is DARK.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nu3CLQm-SI

What a nice guy amirite
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.