[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uh i thought this got DOGSHIT reviews? how is it not tanking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6
Uh i thought this got DOGSHIT reviews?

how is it not tanking in the box office?

I mean I heard its selling tickets quite well right?
>>
>>67522035
People are curious because of the low rating.
>>
>>67522035
if you observe capeshit movies closely you'll realize this turd is not much different than any capeshit turd that has been released in the last 5 years
>>
>>67522035
word of mouth is a much more efficient marketing device than rotten tomatoes

normies don't care about critics and almost everyone i know in real life who watched the movie liked it
>>
The hype obviously, and people curious if it's actually as bad as they say. I'm sure in a week sales will plummet.
>>
>>67522221
this pretty much all my normie friends liked it
>>
Because critic reviews saying it's shit (and it is) doesn't dissuade people from watching a Hollywood flick.

It's motherfucking Batman vs motherfucking Superman. Normies and comic fans alike will watch it regardless of bad reviews. It's like how Resident Evil series somehow is still successful despite being horrendous garbage and they've made like 8 movies or something.
>>
>>67522035
capeshit sucess is not relevant to the quality of the movie
>>
>>67522035
I keep going back for the Beautiful Lie scenes alone, I cry every time (seriously)
Snyder is a visionary
>>
>>67522035
Like it or not the promise of a battle between two of the most beloved comic-book heroes is a guaranteed massive sell.
>>
Hopefully this will stomp on /tv/ and /co/s childish idea that only good things succeed
>>
critics only matter for artsy films.

if the rating is low, then people will skip it
if the rating is high, they know it;ll be nominated for oscars so they want in on the show

that shit doesn't matter for popcorn flicks.
>>
>>67524227
>Beautiful Lie

I recall that quote but not the scene or context. It was near the beginning, remind me?
>>
I-it's j-just the presales and hype right??
I will stop any minute now, haha..
Right guys? Next week 1000000%.
RIGHT GUYS????
>>
>>67522035
You realize that popularity and quality aren't synonymous right?

Not everything that's popular is good and not everything that's good is popular
>>
My local theater was full when I went to see it, and that never happens. Even with Star Wars they were half empty on opening night.
>>
Just came back from seeing it and I actually liked it a lot. Synder's take on a more brutal Batman who has no qualms with killing armed thugs is a nice change of pace from the impossibly pacifist Batman from other movies. The references to Darkseid and the knightmare future with Flash were cool. The sense and scale of power/destruction from the heroes was also nice to see from how depowered Marvel heroes got in their movies.
>>
>>67524428

It's going to make a billion and then the R rated release will also make bank for them. How did WB get away with this? The opening weekend isn't even fully counted yet
>>
1. Critics hate most things, they're assholes.
2. It's a capeshit film, people will always want to watch them.
>>
>>67522035
>thinks the general audience reads reviews or care about RT

topkek
>>
>>67524300
/tv/ generally hates TFA and it was enormously successful. Pretty sure the spergragers are at peace with sales not reflecting their opinions.
>>
>>67524379
It's the name of the song in the Wayne deaths and then the Martha flashback scenes
>>
>>67524379
The bats taking me to the light,what a beautiful lie

Not these exact words but you get it
>>
"Avatar" was complete trash and made tons of dollars.
If you advertise and hype properly you have a guaranteed success
>>
>>67522035
Saw this last night. Sure there are problems with it but to rank it so low and to compare it to catwoman and green Lantern is fucking retarded. Aside from the bad 3rd act, shoehorning in other miscast Justice League characters, Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor, the movie works. This movie should've been a stand alone Batman v Superman without Warner Jews pressuring Snyder into including terrible characters like Lex, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Aquaman, etc...

Ben Affleck played an excellent Batman with great aesthetics and acting. Superman was better in this than MoS. I'd give this film a 6/10. It would've been 7/10 is the 3rd act wasn't shit
>>
>>67522035
>Gee I wonder why a movie that has batman and superman in it is making money
>>
>>67525597
>Saw this last night. Sure there are problems with it but to rank it so low and to compare it to catwoman and green Lantern is fucking retarded

This. It's by no means good but if Critics wanted to make themselves look like jackasses they have really succeeded this time
>>
>>67525295

Anyways OP the kind of people who want to watch a Zach Snyder film are the kind who don't care about critics opinions.
>>
>>67525780

So most people. /tv/ wants to pretend that the Dc, Marvel. Star Wars, Avatar, Transformers and Harry Potter audience are different. They're almost exactly the same
>>
File: 1458793927439.png (428 KB, 1008x1584) Image search: [Google]
1458793927439.png
428 KB, 1008x1584
>>67522137
>>
>>67524379
>>67524227
>>67524818
>beautiful lie
sauce?
>>
File: fuck.your.stupid.rule.jpg (4 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
fuck.your.stupid.rule.jpg
4 MB, 3975x3056
>>67526301
It is in the narration of Bruce Wayne in the opening montage of young Bruce running away from the funeral / his parents getting killed once it turns supernatural. It's the first bit that makes it clear that not everything the film is going to show will be real, paving the way for the dream sequences. I found them absolutely unnecessary (Desert Batman is a cool look, they wasted so many awesome things from the comics for superfluous nods...), but at least building them up that way made it clear what their place was in relation to the film's reality.

Watch the film, if you're so interested and can't just take /tv's word for it. The other option would be to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>67527041
reminder that they made batman awesome by copying elements out of fight scenes from arkham trailers, including set pieces, takedowns, moves, camera angles. good job though, those trailers were awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pnK8akbd2M
>>
>>67524432
You realize that rotten tomatoes and quality aren't synonymous right?
>>
>>67527469
found the crane shot. 0:14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX1uGqXD2n8
>>
>>67527754
found the lake exit (they used it as entrance in the film). 2:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsf78BS9VE0

I am aware that these elements have been in the comics, but they just took the exact visuals of a lot of shit from these trailers.
>>
>>67522035
The victory wasn't by Snyder but by warners marketing dept and the DOP. When u spend $200 million on ads showing slick visuals you're going to get people in the seats

A billion boxoffice seams likely but the drop off next week is going to be huge
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-12-19-50-32.png (268 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-12-19-50-32.png
268 KB, 960x540
>>67522035
Have you seen Furious 7? Have you seen that horrific piece of shit? Well, THAT'S one of the worlds highest grossing film. Deal with it
>>
>>67527928
found the wall takedown. 1:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYdACm1xEOY
>>
>>67525925
That Hulk review should tell you all what a mistake it is to listen to review sites
>>
>>67522035
m8 leading up to Avengers Infinity War Part 2, it could get the worst reviews in history. And it will still be top 10 all time in the box office, because its the finale. Just as this movie would still be a box office success, no matter what critics say. Im not saying its a good film or not. But it would sell tickets.
>>
>>67525925
Fucking thor into the dark world is higher, this is a load of shit
>>
>>67528264

It had a dead actor.

Same reason TDK became a success when Ledger croaked.
>>
>>67528305
Oh man, I remember being so hyped when I first saw that trailer.
>>
>>67525925
Didn't the audience score go down recently
>>
9 out of 12 threads on the front page are about comic - related movies

Reddit has taken over

I hate all of you faggots. Geek culture was a mistake
>>
>>67527469
>>67527754
>>67527928
>>67528305
so I have now seen the batman part of this film?
>>
>>67528305
Wasn't that in the comic though
>>
>>67528767
well there's the part where he does crossfit
>>
>>67528822
see >>67527928
most of arkham is from the comics, which is part of the reason why they are so awesome. the translation from the comics to the big screen was helped immensely by how the games depicted these things.
>>
>>67528651
THIS. I thought nothing could be worse for /tv/ than the star wars release. I was wrong.
How autistic does one have to be to take "sides" with fucking comix book companies? This stinks of /v/, with their asperger-driven need to "side" with one console or another. Unless you worj at marvel or dc, why would you want one to suceed and the other to fail? Dont you stand to benefit more from both being good & successful, since that means more good movies to watch? This is up there with kiddie-diddlers in my book. I am not a racist, or an islamist, or a communist, but I can comprehend their worldviews. They make sense, I can follow their thought processes. Childmolesters and console or comic company partisans have completely incomprehensible and utterly broken minds and thought processes.
>>
>>67522035
>already outsold Fury Road, probably the best action movie of this generation

A bitter reminder that shit doesnt get what it deserves sometimes.
>>
>>67522035
Bad reviews don't stop people from going to see a movie ad that movie making money. There are like..hundreds of examples of this in just the last few years
>>
>>67524519
How did you like Bats looking on in awe as Supes and Wonder Woman slugged it out with Doomsday?

I like to think it was only at that moment that he truly appreciated the scale of the destruction and how much worse things would be if not for their presence.
>>
>>67530294
>The Raid is the greatest action movie ever!
>Dredd is the greatest action movie ever!
>John Wick is the greatest action movie ever!
>Fury Road is the greatest action movie ever!
Why do action movie fans have to overrate every half-decent flick as if it's some sort of masterpiece? In a couple months you'll be spamming the board about how that first-person-shooter movie is the "most hella epic" thing you've ever seen.
>>
Production Budget: $250 M

Box Office estimates:
~$424.1 M [170.1 US + 254.0 intl] (first weekend)

== $ 7.0 M [---------- 7.0 intl] (Wednesday)
== $ 85.7 M [27.7 US + 58.0 intl] (Thursday)
== $104.6 M [54.3 US + 50.3 intl] (Friday)
== $226.8 M [88.1 (50.9 Sat + 37.2 Sun) US + 138.7 intl] (first Sat & Sun)

**marketing/advertising budget $150 M already recouped through licensing/tie-ins (doritos, pepsi, dodge, turkish airlines, etc.)
>>
>>67522221
that would explain how Transformers has like 9 movies and still makes money. People are stupid, but whatever
>>
Transformers Age of Extinction was dogshit, 18% on RT and even a lousy audience score.

Over a billion worldwide.
>>
>>67531920
You just need to realize when someone says "best movie ever," they most likely haven't seen very many movies.
>>
>>67522035

people take their kids to shut them up for 5 minutes, kids don't give a fuck about critic reviews. superhero movies are for children
>>
File: cuck reviewers 2.png (196 KB, 1452x528) Image search: [Google]
cuck reviewers 2.png
196 KB, 1452x528
>>
I thought it was very weak. But I still enjoyed it. We'll never have another tdk.
>>
>>67522076
Yeah same thing happened with fan4 too.
>>
>>67522035
>400+ million worldwide
>Fandango reports 30% of the people who pre-ordered tickets ordered them again
>movie is tracking to make 800+ plus million this week

Honestly? Not even mad
>>
>>67532769
>London Has Fallen is Donald Trump in film form.
What does that mean?
>>
*tips fedora while stepping out of the shadows*

The pitiful peons at Marvel have underestimated the power of DC one time too many. The "Marvel Cinematic Universe". Huh. A shoddily shot, messily put together series of soulless and artless wastes of celluloid designed to appeal to the base intellects of moronic manchildren still dreaming of becoming powerful as they waste their lives away masterbating to images of Black Widow.

Only a fool and a weakling of mind could gain satisfaction from watching poorly animated CGI trade weightless and impactless punches while trading quips a severely mentally retarded Thai ladyboy would find beneath him/her.

DC understand cinéma. They understand kino. DC know how to build shade and light in a performance, how to engage the minds of true enlightened souls. DC have redefined not just superhero films, but the entire film industry itself.

Mentally challenged Marvel fanboys can only begin to grasp the tectonic shift in filmmaking that has been unleashed. Critics and reviewers fail to recognize a movie far ahead of its time once again, crying on their blogs about lack of snark and quipping - failing to recognize a literal masterpiece as it unfolds before them.

The public have responded. The entire filmmaking industry has been shaken to its core. DC have changed the game utterly - a new landscape is carved, a beauty is born, a God walks among men.

*teleports away*
>>
TOP KEK

Marveldrones on suicide wattch!!!
>>
File: 1356374486915.jpg (107 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
1356374486915.jpg
107 KB, 848x900
>>67524171
People preordered or bought tickets before they looked at reviews.

They just figured it's Batman and Superman, so it would be a fun movie, but insteadit was dark and disturbing like that moviePoliceAcademy.
>>
>>67522035
Well the reviews won't impact the opening weekend.
Also, audiences are liking it.
>>
>>67525925

>Batman Begins
>84%
>The Dark Knight
94%
>The Dark Knight Rises
85%

>Marvel Makes a shit ton of movies
>About two thirds of them are considered worse than the weakest Nolan Batman
>The "best" one is barely on par with TDK
>Marvelfags think they've won
>>
>>67535258
what did he mean by this
>>
>>67536156
>comparing nolan movies to comic films
they were good movies just not good batman movies
>>
>>67534802

>Fandango reports 30% of the people who pre-ordered tickets ordered them again

Get ready for another 10 years of capeshit /tv/. If this movie was actually good like it should have been it would have made 1.5 billion
>>
>>67535258

If you're white it's wrong to love your country. I honestly think that's what he meant
>>
>>67522221

>normies don't care about critics and almost everyone i know in real life who watched the movie liked it

This. I'm worried it'll fucking suck but everyone keeps telling me it's awesome and I should go see it because I'm the only comic guy they know.
>>
>>67535910

People bought tickets because ITS Batman vs Superman, not because it looked fun.
>>
>>67537078

Just go see it anon. It's not so bad. Honestly half the marvel movies are worse it's just that the good Marvel movies (Winter Soldier, Iron Man) completely blow it out of the water
>>
>>67522035
Normies dont care for reviews
>>
>>67537431

/tv/ shouldn't eithier
>>
>>67522035
presale tickets
>>
>>67537547

And 30% of the people who pre ordered have ordered again. This total isn't even the full weekend either. It will be closer to 550 mil
>>
>>67537484
We are reviews
>>
>>67537932

Yeah and we do it for free
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.