[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: TFA.png (578 KB, 745x540) Image search: [Google]
TFA.png
578 KB, 745x540
How?
>>
>>67520841
Revenge of the Sith has an 80. It's not that surprising that a decent movie would get so high a score when it comes to RT.
>>
Hype and anticipation

If your comparing it to BvS then you have to understand that that was already dead on arrival after how shit MoS steel was.
>>
>>67520841
Pottery worked
>>
It means 92% of critics had a decent time watching it. Not that its a 92/100 tier movie.
>>
Because while it's not anything too special, almost everyone who watched it thought it was atleast "good".

That's how RT works, it doesn't mean the average score was 92, just that 92 of critics liked it.
>>
Paid shills. Literally most of them were bribed somehow
>>
Its a fun adventure movie designed to capture the spirit of the original and open up new paths for the sequels, with no pretensions about what it's meant to be.
>>
Its saying 92% of critics thought it was good going from 6/10-10/10s. It does not mean it's a 92/100. Its says it's overall been rated 8/10 which is not a far off rating.

Learn how to read fuckwad
>>
>>67520991
This, they just use the percentage to inflate the positivity or negativity of a film. That's the reason the Toy Story films, sans 3, have 100% and even then 3 has a 99%. Also they pick and choose when it comes to 5/10,2.5/5 type scores, a few for TFA are listed as fresh despite normally that not being the case among other films.
>>
>All these disney shills
>>
>>67520991
>>67521004
>>67521070
>>67521142

Funny how RottenTomatoes grades only have to be explained in Star Wars/BvS threads.

Shows what type of threads attract the retards of /tv/. I don't even hate Star Wars or superhero movies, but they're the cancer of internet film discussion boards because they attract children/redditors.
>>
Nostalgia blindness, and Disney's famous tactic of throwing in quips and jokes distracted everyone from how bad the writing was.

The Force Awakens is a genuinely horrid movie but no one wants to see it.
>>
>>67521422
I don't give a fuck about both this meme is getting old where people can't understand the sites system and use it to go "HURR CRITICS ARE SHIT LOOK AT THE PERCENTAGE GUISE", and just use it to bait people
>>
It wasn't the prequels.
>>
>>67521491

>The Force Awakens is a genuinely horrid movie but no one wants to see it.

Thinking The Force Awakens is a horrid movie is only a fair assessment if you think the original trilogy is horrid as well. If you say you like the OT but think TFA sucked, you're just being a contrarian faggot because it's on par with those movies for better or for worse.

A film being on par with A New Hope or Return of the Jedi isn't the insurmountable task that the internet would lead you to believe. (If you wanted to say it wasn't as good as Empire, I can give you that)

Why is everyone so mad that The Force Awakens was a good Star Wars movie, which is really all you can ask for?
>>
>>67520841

Disney kikes pay for most of their reviews
>>
>>67520841
It was good and harmless. Not original, but not awful. Played it safe and wasn't a turd like the PT.

Episode 8 will be judged more harshly and judging from the meme aliens, it'll be complete shit
>>
File: 1452854110855s.jpg (3 KB, 125x96) Image search: [Google]
1452854110855s.jpg
3 KB, 125x96
>>67521797
>TFA was a great movie
Just speed up & undermind my jedi powers that took time & practice in the OT.
Just make my black character a cowardly traitor that used to be a stormtrooper janitor.
Just ignore the hiring process to be a stormtrooper. No psychiatric process to maintain 100% loyalty in a treacherous environment, even when the force is at your disposal.
Just have my malnourished scavenger girl be the best martial arts fighter in the movie with no explanation.
JUST
>>
>>67523977

Nowhere in there did he say TFA was a great movie. That post says it's on par with the originals, which aren't exactly great cinema either.

Learn to read, you teenage faggot.
>>
TFA was a good movie. That's why.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.