[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was anyone else pissed they casted a white guy as khan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 612x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 612x456
Was anyone else pissed they casted a white guy as khan?
>>
>>67520473
No

But what the fuck was the deal with casting an Englishman as Scotty?!
>>
Shoooooooooooo tmblr
>>
He was good. And I forgot about the 1990s star strek universe having eugenics wars

The movie is totally forgettable
>>
Nope. Khan could have been black for all I care.

What I gave a shit about was that he was cast with a bad actor. He was never menacing or evil or calculating. I couldn't tell if he was supposed to be void of emotions or just intentionally acting stiff.
>>
>>67520473
Should have been a Pakistani or Iranian t b h.
>>
>>67520473
no, because the original Khan was supposed to be Indian but was played by a Mexican
>>
>>67520473
I was mad that they cast the ugly no charisma having version of Michael Fassbender.
>>
I'll never understand this meme Kahn was played by a dirty spic in TOS. No one bitched about that.
>>
>>67520569
b-b-but le witty sherlock man
>>
>>67520473
shoulden't you libcucks be happy the villian is white
>>
>>67520533
Not tumblr honestly. Just a fan of Monteban's Khan. He was awesome.
>>
>>67520701
This desu

There would be a shitstorm if Khan was a poc nowadays
>>
>>67520638
I know, I hate him too
>>
>>67520638
>ugly no charisma having version of Michael Fassbender
Fassbender is too good for that shitshow
>>
>>67520523
The original Scotty was Canadian. He's never been Scottish.
>>
the last khan was mexican, I don't see the problem.
>>
>Cumberbatch
>a white guy

They cast a fucking cat.
>>
>>67520473
Nah.

Cumberbatch was the only decent thing about the movie. One of the only intense actors I can stand.
>>
khan is a fucking middleasia steps leader name.
he should be either mongol or turkic
>>
Yes, I have absolutely nothing better to do with my time so i get triggered at the casting of movies i didn't even see.
>>
>>67520827
This is even worse, its deep rooted cultural appropriation!
>>
>>67520473
>casting a Person of Colorâ„¢ as a villain
that's called a microagression, OP
>>
It annoyed me, yes
>>
>>67520473
>image.jpg

Pisses me off more
>>
>>67520473
The problem is that in nuST, Khan has no reason for bad feelings against Kirk. Yes, he can be pissed with the Federation. But that's all. Just another terrorist. Boohoo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7X01_j_oDA
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.