[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate Tarantino so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
Why do you hate Tarantino so much?
>>
Hasn't changed his edgy style since PF
Entry level taste and most neocinephags/normies like him
Doesn't have a particular or relevant way to look up to the world. He's relentlessly and tiring nihilistic.
>>
>>67518305
Overrated as fuck. The movies are simple popcorn films but they're seen as the best movies ever.
>>
>>67518417
What if they're the best popcorn movies ever?
>>
>>67518305
why does that picture make me so sad?
>>
>>67518305
this is eminem mate
>>
>>67518305
He has gone as far down the rabbit hole as that the funny-looking rabbits have literally descended down a few levels trying to help him get back up to their original level using their retarded Wonderland firefighter skills.

like the pic tho, 10/10 w.b.
>>
>>67518417
>stop liking things sheeple!
>>
>>67518305
better question is why shouldn't we hate him?
>>
>>67519305
they're not, by a long shot
>>
>>67518305

Fact: he use to listen to his mom get fucked by black guys she would bring home after work
>>
do you think he was thinking about feet at this exact instant?
>>
He won't let me store dead niggers in his garage. He also got upset when I complimented his excellent coffee
>>
He became what the losers wanted to become but failed.
>>
>>67518305
I don't hate him as a person, I dislike him as a director for inserting social issues as a plot point into his movies as a way to stay relevant.
>>
He's an autistic "wigger".
>>
File: cucktino.jpg (51 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
cucktino.jpg
51 KB, 780x439
What is there really to like?
>>
>>67518305
I don't, hes one of the best working directors today.
>>
>>67522191
You can just picture this kid hiding under the bed, hearing his mum scream all night long. 'Would mess you up, no question.
>>
>>67518305
He's a mediocre director who values substance over style, and hinders decent films with too much of what he wants in a film, as opposed to thinking about what the audience would prefer. He often throws away decent premises for shock value (seen in Django Unchained with Candy being killed, as well as the killers turning out to be part of a gang in Hateful Eight) and lacks any real substance in his movies. Hateful Eight develops a really good concept of the animosity of post-war America, about how the hatred of everyone else consumes them all and makes each of them at fault. And then he throws it away with BIG BLACK DINGUS and some shitty plot twist about a gang. Such a waste.

The only time I felt that plot twist structure in his films worked well was Dusk Till Dusk.
>>
he makes people feel special
they "get" his movies, even thought they're just shit masqued as "art"
>>
>>67524380
values style over substance, I meant to say.
>>
I don't, someone has to stand up and represent us cucks out there. There is no place for a white man but servicing the black man.
>>
He thinks "rule of cool" is a substitute for substance.
>>
It's a black male thing.
>>
>>67524380
>hinders decent films with too much of what he wants in a film,
>as opposed to thinking about what the audience would prefer

doing things just because that's what the audience wants is what a hack does.
>>
>>67524484
>missing the point

I know I can't expect much of /tv/, but at least try.

He tries to make films which appeal to him and only him, and so misses the point that he often muddles and hinders the delivery in his film. You have to think about your audience and how to convey your message and the purpose of the film to the audience, then execute it effectively. Tarantino doesn't do that. He just does what seems good to him and it often made his films awkward and ineffective because many of the ideas clash, as is extremely apparent in Hateful Eight. You go from interesting intense setting, to BIG BLACK DINGUS to a story which focuses on some no-named gang. It's like he took a few ideas which he liked and squashed them together without seriously thinking about how effectively they'd work, which is especially apparent with that pointless voice-over in one of the scenes.
>>
I don't regard him that highly, but I have never walked away from one of his films having not enjoyed myself.

He hasn't made a great film since Jackie Brown but he still puts together an entertaining one. Kill Bill essentially took elements from some of my favourite films and combined them in to a pretty fun package. Do I regard him as a genius for that? No. Not at all. It's like listening to a tribute album. Perhaps it's more polished than the original work, but it's also lazy. It requires little creative thinking.

Tarantino has become lazy and that's a shame. But his films are fine. I think people are starting to feel the same way. He was "cool" in the 90s. Now he's living off his former successes. I appreciate his enthusiasm for the medium, and I wish we had more of it, but his style is overplayed now.
>>
>>67522944
>wigger

That's just a gussied-up term for white nigger.
>>
>>67518305
I say style over substance unironically
>>
>>67518355
>>67518417
The reason he's so popular and hailed as one of the greatest modern directors is because his films are shining examples of the nonchalant, nihilistic attitude of postmodernism. Love him or hate him, you can't deny that his style is unique, as well.
>>
>>67518305
He is pedantic to the point of cringe.

Plus he tried to reduce the entire NYC police department to a gang of murders when really they are just normal people trying to do their jobs.

Pointless. Django and Bastards were ok films but not worth giving this creepy fuck my money.
>>
>>67524713
>He hasn't made a great film since Jackie Brown but he still puts together an entertaining one

This.
>>
>>67520289
Way to not give any examples because you're wrong
>>
>>67524455
>>67522944
>>67524263

Oh hi /pol/
>>
>>67525157
>Oh hi /pol/
Shut the fuck up you meme spouting idiot.
>>
I think his 90s output are some of the best films from that decade. All of his films after that are enjoyable, but overindulgent. Overall, I'm fine with his work. As a person however, I do hate him. He comes across as obnoxious and self-important. He seems to lack any sort of self-awareness, will spergout and throw tantrums, constantly acts as an embarrassment to himself and those around him and has bizarre sexual fetishes(foot fetish, cuckholding, etc). Plus he's an annoying SJW wigger. I would imagine being in his company would be absolutely unbearable.
>>
>>67525384

Someone's a little butt mad.
>>
File: 1458125663639s.jpg (2 KB, 97x125) Image search: [Google]
1458125663639s.jpg
2 KB, 97x125
>>67518305
He identifies with black culture & makes unique movies with extensive dialogue & character development. I don't approve.
>>
>>67525384
White bois sure get mad real easy
>>
>>67524713
>took elements from some of my favourite films and combined them in to a pretty fun package. Do I regard him as a genius for that? No. Not at all. It's like listening to a tribute album

this

I don't disagree that his movies are fun but he is to preoccupied with referencing other movies or sucking some other directors dick that he might was not even make his own movies and instead just spend all day long making mixtapes of his favorite scenes from other movies
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.