[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been about a year since Community ended. Was it a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: hefe.jpg (354 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hefe.jpg
354 KB, 1280x720
It's been about a year since Community ended.

Was it a good show?
>>
NON CONTRARIAN OPINION INC

The first season was pretty good, second season was enjoyable, sharp decline after
>>
>>67513447
It was while all the characters on pic relalted were present on the show. Once Chevy leaves, the shittening begins
>>
Did it only get one season on Yahoo? I started it, but couldn't bother to keep up with it.
>>
>>67513447

I watched 2 seasons, it was painful, the only thing carrying it was how pretty Brie and the blonde were.

I want a fan of the show to look me in the eye and tell me exactly what was funny
>>
>>67513447
After dan harmon left in season 4 it was terrible. First 3 seasons were so good I actually bought the dvds to support the show. (I hardly ever do that) dan harmon comes back in 5 and 6 I think but I haven't watched those
>>
>1-3
bretty gud
>4
awful
>5
should have the been the last season. finale is pisspoor tho
>6
100% fan service
>>
>>67515159
First three seasons is very dense. Its not 2 1/2 men where a laugh track tells you its funny. It's based on realistic social interaction so an autist wouldn't get the humor.
>>
>>67513478

>implying this opinion is nothing but the truth

only the first 3 seasons are worth a watch, the rest are utter trash, season 4 being absolute concentrated trash
>>
Season 1 was pretty good, but definitely got better the later half of the season

Season 2-3 are classic sitcom

Season 4 was mediocre but still watchable

Season 5 was just okay

Season 6 was getting back into the swing of it but lackluster. Ended pretty well.

It will only be remembered fondly by a small group of people.
>>
SIX SEASONS AND A MOVIE
>>
It was good up until they started the Air Conditioning School subplot. The rest of it (with the exception of paintball, which was okay since it was once a season and actually enjoyable) seemed like actual stuff that could happen at a shitty community college.
Jeff Winger best character
>>
>>67514805

I think that was coincidence more than anything. His character didn't add much to the quality of the show. I agree that's when it turned for the worse, though.
>>
>>67515174

It definitely gets a bit better again, but never gets back to pre season 4 quality.
>>
>>67515279
No wonder I don't find this show funny. It's on par with the big bang theory. "Normalfag" humor just doesn't click with me.
>>
for about 2 seasons

had to drop it during the 3rd or maybe 4th, I can't remember
Don't think I've done that before apart from Suits
>>
>>67513447
this episode was pure kino
>>
>>67519748

>comparing Community to Big Band Theory

Okay, buddy. Do me a favor and eat your tendies in silence from now on since there is literally no one who is going to benefit from your extra chromosome opinions.
>>
>>67519514
Chevy as the show's villain was pretty great desu
>>
>>67519748
Aren't you a special snowflake senpai
>>
>>67513447
>multicultural casting

of course not.
>>
God tier: season 1&2
Good tier: season 3&5
Forgot to watch tier: season 6
Literal shit tier, basically the worst show ever made: season 4

Is season 6 any good? I liked season 5 but just plum forgot to watch the 6th season
>>
>>67520019

You must not have ever been on the campus of a community college if you don't think they're full of minorities.

>>67519961

Don't get me wrong, I love Chevy Chase, but his character on this show was consistently my least favorite. He seemed less genuine than the others somehow. Shallower.
>>
>>67520117
>Is season 6 any good?
Season 6 is the worst one, it's mindbogglingly awful. I watched it in 10 minute pieces, couldn't bear any more.
>>
>>67520117
I also didnt watch the season 6 but just because im afraid it doesnt hold up, I loved everything before (except season 4)
>>
>>67513478
I would agree, but I would say the decline was gradual, followed by sharp in season 4.

When they recycled ideas that are themselves recycled ideas everybody has done (paintball episode is so fucking tired), I pretty much checked out.

Also, the flanderization of Brita (sp?) was so fucking bad. She went from believable character to complete punching bag simply because of fan service. That seems pretty weak.
>>
I'd put 6 above 4 but that's it. The replacement characters are actually not awful but a lot of the episodes felt rushed and unpolished. (which they were, Dan Harmon said himself that he wrote some pages of the scripts an hour before they were shot)
>>
>>67520554
Samefagging myself here, but it's funny that I didn't read this thread, and everyone has the same opinion as me.
>>
They should've just focused on Leonard's group or something after the current group all started to break away.
>>
2 > 1 > 3 >> 5 >>> 6 >>>>> 4

first 3 seasons were great, 5 has a few great episodes at the beginning, but it dies after Troy leaves. Then 4 and 6 aren't worth it really.
>>
>>67513478
I thought 3 had some really good episodes, but yeah all the characters got way too Flanderized
>>
File: Alison Brie Community.webm (3 MB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
Alison Brie Community.webm
3 MB, 960x539
>>
File: 1328060291415.gif (821 KB, 194x200) Image search: [Google]
1328060291415.gif
821 KB, 194x200
>>67520947
>>
>>67520947
God that scene is so cringy. Fucking retards.
>>
>>67513447
I couldn't get through the first episode. Especially when I found out the faggy Indian autist was a fan favorite. 3 minutes of that was more than enough.
>>
>>67520984

That's the point, moron. They were literally shooting the silly lovey dovey scenes that come at the beginning of movies where the love interest is dead or has left or something.
>>
>>67521051
You have terrible taste.
>>
>>67521107
Good.
>>
>>67521099
That was totally out of character for Abed, he hated stuff like that. They just put that in for the faggots obsessed with Brie.
>>
>>67519904
Left the page for awhile, thanks for calling out the autist for me.
>>
>>67521307

You're probably right. I'm one of those faggots, though, so I can't complain.

>>67521677

It's a losing battle, friend, but I'll go down swinging.
>>
>>67513447
I actually don't know. I mean, I clearly love the characters (or at least what they originally were), and objectively speaking there are more good episode than bad ones. But I still can't say for sure if it was good.

Look, I spent a good part of the show hating on the direction it took and then the other time hating on how they couldn't direct it back to what made it so good, but I was still deeply moved by the finale, and looked back fondly at my time spent with the show.

So I dunno, maybe?
>>
>>67521307
>filming something cheesy and cliche just for fun is totally out of Abed's character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb93Vcvb-xE
>>
>>67520984

dan harmon's writing is clearly too smart for you
>>
File: 1434402039357.jpg (124 KB, 660x586) Image search: [Google]
1434402039357.jpg
124 KB, 660x586
WHERE'S THE FUCKING MOVIE, HARMON?
WHERE IS IT?
SONY'S UP FOR IT
THE ACTORS ARE UP FOR IT
COME ON, MAN
ONE LAST HURRAH AND SHIT, IT'LL BE GLORIOUS
>>
>>67522007
That's not cliched.
>>
>>67522121
Harmon's too busy trying not to kill himself after his wife cucked him and divorced him.
>>
>>67522372

>has successful show being aired
>finally getting attention from females
>start dating first one that smiles at you
>date for less than a year
>get married
>get divorced
>show gets dropped and picked up by fucking yahoo
>cmon son

im warning you /tv/, dont propose to the first chick that touches ur dingus
>>
>>67522511
I wish someone had told me this sooner...
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.