[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this show so hated here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: Breaking_Bad_title_card.png (116 KB, 399x226) Image search: [Google]
Breaking_Bad_title_card.png
116 KB, 399x226
Why is this show so hated here?
>>
>>67511384
Because it's popular.
>>
>>67511384
Cause it's popular.
>>
Because it's a mediocre series that plebs worship as the greatest work of fiction ever made.
>>
>>67511384
Because it's popular on reddit.
>>
>>67511409
>>67511411
Is hivemind still a thing?
>>
>>67511416
But it is
>>
Cause it's popular.
>>
>>67511384
because of the retarded normie fanbase of people liking the show because it has drugs in it and walter white saying badass stuff like "I AM LE DANGER" completely missing anything with substance in the show
it's babby's first great show that makes them think they're so much smater than people around them for enjoying it
>>
>>67511384
/tv/ is ruthlessly contrarian and the people they despise the most like it. therefore they hate it.

/tv/ is unable to enjoy anything without considering the opinions of others.
>>
>>67511384
Because /tv/ is full of special snowflakes.
>>
Because season 4 and 5 were awful.
>>
>>67511736

>smater

yer a fag
>>
>>67511847

4 was best
>>
>>67511384
Because it brought the wrong kind of posters to /tv/. Everything you dislike about this board can be traced back to Breaking Bad.
>>
because /tv/ is contration
>>
>>67511948

>contration

wut
>>
>>67511384
while it was airing, BrBa was to /tv/ what capeshit is to it now
>>
>>67511384
Because its really good and since normal people also recognize its greatness the fat virgins on this board have to hate it.
>>
File: 1287442311826.jpg (46 KB, 374x527) Image search: [Google]
1287442311826.jpg
46 KB, 374x527
>>67511384
Because it's popular.
>>
>>67511384

It didn't get popular until the end of season 4(that's probably when Reddit caught onto the show) and season 5, I remember it was well liked and discussed a lot on /tv/ when it was airing.

>All those threads after Jessie killed Gail
The waiting was unbearable
>>
It's popular among normal, well-functioning people. So clearly it must be shat upon.
>>
File: 1435004003113.jpg (8 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
1435004003113.jpg
8 KB, 252x240
>>67512112
>all those people who swore Gale didn't actually get hit by the bullet because Aaron Paul moved the gun upwards slightly in the scene where Jesse shoots Gale

that was the first time i learned just how retarded people can be here
>>
>>67511917
Been here since season 5 of LOST please kill me. Breaking Bad (along with GoT) has brought some terrible posters, but the real cancer has, undeniably, come from capeshit.
>>
It was a good popular show during the height of reddit mccarthyism here on 4chan

There will be no more good popular shows or good popular things as long as reddit mccarthyism exist. See Walking Dead and Game of Thrones which are serviceable but by no mean on par with the Sopranos but are described as the worst shows ever while CW shows and literal shit like Vikings get free passes
>>
>>67511847
I dropped it at season 3
>>
>>67512243
What's wrong with CW? It's fun and they have cute girls.
>>
>>67511384
because of its inflated reputation, a good series but also the most overrated TV show of all time
>>
>>67511917
>>67512196
Avatar brought the worst of the worst shitposters and it grew from there.
>>
It's GOAT
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (977 KB, 340x178) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
977 KB, 340x178
>>67511847
>>67511736
>>
Reminder that /tv/ is always wrong, so if Breaking Bad is hated here, it must be good
>>
when i go on /tv/ i hate on everything i like because it means it's actually good. because /tv/ is always wrong.
>>
/tv/ is always wrong so yeah it's good
>>
>>67511736
>it's babby's first great show that makes them think they're so much smater than people around them for enjoying it

your strategy of thinking you're smarter for disliking it should really pay off then
>>
reddit likes it so i dont
>>
It's the best
>>
>>67511384
Its overrated by its gay fanbase
>>
I remember my mom telling me this was better than The Sopranos and it pissed me the fuck off.
>>
/tv/ loved BB until it got popular.

All of 4chan is divided into 3 parts.

Edgies
Normies
Contrarians
>>
>>67511736
>I dislike the show for reasons that have nothing to do with the show and everything to do with other people
>>
Most people on 4chan are contrarians. Anything that is popular or loved by many is automatically hated by boards on this site. This includes literature, movies, political views, videogames, etc. Most of the people that hate these things only want to hate these things because everyone loves them. They want to find any reason to hate it because that's just how they are. It's fucking pathetic.
>>
>>67518268
This
>>
Same reason /tv/ began to hate the walking dead
>>
So basically what happens is, you're on a board composed of a bunch of self conscious neckbeards looking for a place to belong.

Most of them watched BrBa, and I'm pretty sure most of them enjoyed it, but since their 'secret club' started to be a place where people could talk about the popular shows, they started feeling less and less special since other people are starting to like what they like.

Since they don't feel special or different anymore, the have this kneejerk reaction to dismiss and hate on anything that is popular, whether or not they actually enjoyed it so they can hold onto that feeling of being special.

BrBa is by no means a bad show. It's also not the greatest show of all time. It was a pretty good fucking show with its faults here and there, but on the Internet everything is black and white. You must love it or hate it, and both sides have their share of exaggerated faggots willing to argue about it nonstop because there is literally nothing going on in their real lives that can pull them away.
>>
>>67511736
>Fedora: The Post
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.