[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BvS Review Minor Kinda Spoilers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: PHDHoUG4AUNdHI_1_l.jpg (130 KB, 600x858) Image search: [Google]
PHDHoUG4AUNdHI_1_l.jpg
130 KB, 600x858
>THE GOOD
Snyder's visual style
Batman's parents getting killed is a masterful scene
Courtroom scene
Batfleck
Lex was actually pretty good
Pacing
Action
Got rid of the flower recharge from shriveled-up supes
Dream sequences
Doomsday
Flash looks neat
Cyborg looks neat

>THE BAD
Wonder Woman didn't really need to be in the movie
Doomsday being THE ANCIENT EVIL KRYPTONIAN MUTATION ULTRAWEAPON is kinda dumb
I still don't like Lois Lane

>THE UGLY
Aquaman is in it for less than thirty seconds
I had to sit through the Ghostbusters trailer
>>
I'd give it a 7.5/10, the dream sequences were a bit excessive and lacked context
Also it felt more like the first half of a justice league two-parter than a stand alone film, which I guess it is, but it suffered for it due to including a lot and not fulfilling it to its full potential
Still way more enjoyable than the critics implied
>>
>>67507402
>Lex was actually pretty good
What
>>
>>67508056
The piss jar and Martha pics were cool
And even if you disliked the character direction he at least performed it well
>>
>>67507402
>>THE GOOD
>Pacing

Uh..what?
>>
>>67508178
It wasn't slow.
>>
>The good
Lois in the bathtub.
>The bad
Everything else.
>>
I really hated that every scene had a soundtrack and that many cut to black, otherwise I liked everything.

The final fight was shit though, just a bunch of CGI hitting each other in shitty angles. Come on Snyder, you're better than this.
>>
>>67508106
I have to disagree with you. Strongly.

Eisenberg is a fucking hack.
>>
>>67508106

>The piss jar and Martha pics were cool

No they weren't they were juvenile stunts not even worthy of /b/, it was like baby's first serial killer handbook crap

>And even if you disliked the character direction he at least performed it well

Are you his fucking agent or something?
>>
>>67508201
But it was.
>>
>>67508283
I disagree
>>
>>67508000
Brah we should be friends. 7.5 is the objective right score this movie deserves.

Subjectively I give it an 8.5 but that's mostly because I had so much fun watching this
>>
>>67508000

>Still way more enjoyable than the critics implied

Yeah people are going hard with this, it's pretentious and has some bad bits, but it doesn't suck, it just needed more time in the editing room.

Looking forward for the extended blu-ray
>>
>>67508389
>it's pretentious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO3zXu9sFOU
>>
>>67507402
>I had to sit through the Ghostbusters trailer
FUCKING THIS WAS THE WORST PART OF THE MOVIE FOR ME
>THE POWER OF PATTI COMPELS YOU GET OUT OF MY FRIEND!!!!
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
i was livid at hearing laughter
>>
>>67508430

They talk about gods a lot and shit, c'mon man see the trailers
>>
>>67508389
>it just needed more time in the editing room

are you serious. last thing it needs is more edits
>>
>>67508495
But how is that pretentious?
>>
>>67508332
Can you imagine what solo batfleck will be like?
>>
>>67507402
>Lex was actually pretty good

But Lex was probably the worst part of the movie, and that's saying something.
>>
>>67507402
>Lex
>Pacing
>Dream sequence
>Good

Credibility: Lost.
>>
>>67508439
>tfw everyone in my cinema sighed at the trailer
>Little kids near me said it looked lame
>No laughs at all

Felt a bit more optimistic about the general movie going audience desu
>>
>I DUNNO IF THIS IS A BLACK THING OR A LADY THING

IT'S A FAT THING YOU GODDAMN EGGPLANT
>>
>>67508860

but melissa is fat too
>>
>>67508752
>>Lex

I liked Lex as well, not sure why mind you but I can totally see who people would find him annoying.
>>
>>67507402

>pacing was good

retard confirmed, opinion disregarded
>>
>batfleck
>pacing
>lex luther
>good

lmao
>>
I liked it when Lex said "step in my office" and then he just walks a bit and there we go, it's the office.

The candy bit ruined it a little bit though
>>
BvS could have been so much better, wasted potential is what i'm upset about, they had the opportunity to make the best capeshit ever, and they come out with this mediocre piece of shit

it's fucking offensive
>>
File: 1459074732496.png (688 KB, 1558x754) Image search: [Google]
1459074732496.png
688 KB, 1558x754
> ywn have a old deranged alchoholic batman solo movie where he is legitimately terrifying.

;_;
>>
>>67508980
I disagree
>>
>>67508056
i thought eisenberg portrayed a good villain, but he should have portrayed lex luthor and that was just miscasting, lex luthor was anything but an autistic sperg
>>
Batman won, it was his moral code that stopped him when he had supes layed out ready to die.
>>
Snyder directs Jojo's Bizarre Adventures when
>>
>>67507402
Snyder doesn't have a visual art style, at least not a personal one. It's the wachowski style, except with a blue filter all the time.
>>
>>67508523
It tries to be smarter than it actually is. It's full of navel gazing, posturing and is so far up its own ass you can almost smell it through the screen. It's the definition of pretentious.
>>
>>67508106
I agree, i thought it was a perfectly "Lex" way to show she was fucked. he's a good counter to Bruce because they both have all the money in the world but they both choose to use it very differently. he could have just let the capitol blow up, but knowing that she probly saw the piss jar at the end satisfied him sexually to no end after the fact and that's pretty much Lex.
>>
>>67508106
Said it before, will say it again: He'd be a good young Dr. Wily in a Protomen Act II movie
>>
>>67508653
>More Freeflow warehouse combat
>an on-screen retelling of his first kill that drives him over the edge
>more Alfred jibes about Bruce not procreating

we need to hire an engineer to move the movie rating scale up to 11, because shits gonna get real.
>>
>>67509378
Snyder directs people to their seats when.
>>
>>67509473
But this is an accusation, not evidence. There is no example of snyder or the screenwriters over exaggerating the quality or importance of what is going on in the film.

Unlike Richard Linklater.
>>
>>67509426
his style is big men standing still and sizing eachother up while he lets the background and rest of the shot do the work while the characters posture eachother.

even if that's a bad description of a style he definitely has recurring themes that he employs in all his films, like single punches throwing men across rooms and women being sexualized.

Not over-sexualization mind you, he actually does a good job of showing exactly enough, like in Sin City and Sucker Punch. the girls working at strip clubs in both movies are supposed to be hot as fuck but they have to be strong willed mentally and emotionally to survive in those environments, and it's usually one girl that breaks form and causes the rest to succumb.

I'm just waiting for Tony's next Every Frame a Painting to know exactly why i like Snyder.
>>
>>67509553
>More Freeflow warehouse combat
Holy shit if we get basically Arkham Asylum-tier combat in these I'll be happy as fuck

Also a friend of mine suggested that his first kill could be from The Killing Joke, where (he says) it's implied that Bats kills Joker off-screen because he crippled Barbara.
>>
>>67509759
> Arkham Asylum-tier

I kinda hate calling it that just because those games really just made their own attempt at how Batman fights in the comics. the other movies never really nailed it. Nolan's actually achieved it as well, where batman systematically took down the SWAT team in TDK by killing absolutely nobody. but its also fun to see an unhinged Batman who's obviously out-skilling these nerd henchman just wail on them. it felt like Snyder definitely pulled from the games though, because every time bats got hit, he lost his concentration and almost looked like he had to start a combo again to get into the swing of things.

>Also a friend of mine suggested that his first kill could be from The Killing Joke

that'd be dank, but there's been speculation that it could be after the Joker kills Jason Todd. there's been no mention of Gordon or Batgirl yet but one of the male robin suits had the Joker's message on it.

A theory that's been postulated since Friday is saying that the original Joker killed Jason, Batman killed Joker out of rage, then tried to bring Jason back with teh lazarus pit but he went insane and became the new Joker, which is Jared Leto in SS.

the Bohemian Rhapsody trailer for SS showed joker dipping harley into a pool of something and she wasn't moving, so maybe it's the lazarus pit to bring her back to life? it could just be how he turns her into HQ by making her skin white, but i think it would give some depth as to why this batman kills.

plus if all the leaguers just decide to stop killing and handle shit properly then that's gonna be pretty good and would help admire the characters more. it's like a free character-arc pass.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.