[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the reboot have any chance of not sucking ass?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Spawn Wallpaper 1.jpg (141 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Spawn Wallpaper 1.jpg
141 KB, 1024x768
Does the reboot have any chance of not sucking ass?
>>
>>67506967
Honestly I don't think the fanbase is there anymore. He's a C tier comic hero from a forgotten age of the early 90's.

McFarlane dosent even make figures of him anymore. It wouldn't surprise me IF they made it that the majority of people would think it's a new concept.
>>
the tv series was great though
>>
>>67506967

Spawn is boring

Batman is boring

Superman is boring

Just let it all die.
>>
Depends on how much of his fortune McFarlane lost when those baseballs dropped to a few pennies a piece
>>
they just have to turn spawn into deadpool
>>
Just make new Blade movie. It would be a fucking relief after faggy vampires that everyone now imagines.

+1 for using rave scene's song in trailer. Not that it will ever happen...
>>
>>67507898
This. I'm sure Wesley Snipes would love the work too.
>>
>>67507898
>It would be a fucking relief after faggy vampires that everyone now imagines.
Don't delude yourself. Vampires were also faggy.
>>
>>67508200
I meant "were always faggy"
>>
>>67508232
First Blade movie did it right. Second one went full gay goth vampires. Won't even talk about third.
>>
>>67508312

>Second one went full gay goth vampires.

What the fuck? No it didn't, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>67508200
Tbh Dracula Untold did vampires right.
>>
>>67508357
Watch the club scene, where the whole "squad" walks in. Full on straps and leathers and latex shit. Just rewatch the first and then the second movie. You will see how shit the second one is(apart from new breed of vampires).
>>
When are we going to get a proper Gen 13 movie, since they're rebooting forgotten comic book characters of the 90s?
>>
>>67508566

>wearing leather = gay goth

You mean like how Blade dresses? You're an idiot.
>>
It will only succeed if John is back as the Clown.
>>
>>67508677
Or the Pest.
>>
>>67508633

Go tell tumblr it features one of the first openly homosexual characters and you could probably get some buzz going
>>
>>67508766
Or the Clown as the Pest.
>>
>>67508448

Surprisingly watchable movie, although it was a crime to force PG-13 on that. A Vampire movie that can't show blood? Ok, Hollywood.
>>
>>67506967

Michael White was perfect for the role. Can't imagine anyone else doing remotely as good a job.
>>
>>67508769
>Gen 13
>tumblr tier
Son, I doubt you were around in the 90's. Gen 13 gave us a lesbian character because the book was aimed at horny boys, not because the creators actually cared about being progressive. On top of that, Rainmaker ends up wanting the dick from time to time, which infuriated the 90's sjw prototype readers.
>>
>>67508785

I was always grossed out as a kid that he is actually eating maggot pizza in that scene, no camera tricks.
>>
File: makeup.jpg (386 KB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
makeup.jpg
386 KB, 1280x688
>>67506967
This movie had godlike makeup. Deadpool's face is fucking crap compared to Spawn.
>>
>>67507475
This. Spawn hasn't been popular in almost 2 decades and is the poster child for a fad 90's character.
>>
>>67509049

To be fair deadpool had shit budget, they probably saved money wherever they could
>>
File: Gary Oldman and John Goodman.jpg (149 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Gary Oldman and John Goodman.jpg
149 KB, 1024x768
It's reportedly going to be a Sam and Twitch affair with Spawn in the background as sort of a horror villain urban legend.
Gotham Central meets Candyman basically.
>>
>90s as fuck: the character

I don't think it'll work without some changes.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.