[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Someones criticism of a movie is that "the time travel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: homer chew.jpg (45 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
homer chew.jpg
45 KB, 480x360
>Someones criticism of a movie is that "the time travel isn't realistic enough!"
>>
>well if he traveled back in time and did this thing, wouldn't that change the outcome of other things too, which could have led through my autistic brain to him not being born at all and hence not doing the thing???
>>
Dragonball Z is the only piece of media to get it right

>changing the past creates an alternate timeline that exists outside of your own universe
>can't change the state of the present in your own universe by going back in time
>>
File: 1388255897762.jpg (19 KB, 208x210) Image search: [Google]
1388255897762.jpg
19 KB, 208x210
>Someone's praise of a movie is that "it's very well shot!"
>>
>NASA SAID IT WASN'T ACCURATE

when plebs start throwing suspension of disbelief as a criticism...
>>
>>67506915
If a movie can't keep it's internal logic straight then it's a bad movie.
>>
>>67507226
What is Children of Men?
>>
File: 1415399753839.png (79 KB, 408x660) Image search: [Google]
1415399753839.png
79 KB, 408x660
>watches time travel film
>"THE TIME TRAVEL ISN'T REALISTIC THERE'S SO MANY PLOTHOLES WHAT A SHIT FILM"

>watches Primer
>"OH MY GOD ITS SO OVERCOMPLICATED AND CONFUSING I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF IT WHAT A SHIT FILM"
>>
>movie has a lot of practical effects
>"OMG they could have spent some money on CGI those cheap bastards"

>movie has a lot of cgi
>"OMG it was like a cartoon and I couldn't get into it"
>>
>>67507218
because its not real timetravel, so time travel paradox doesn't apply there
>>
>>67507428

>>its not real timetravel
>>time travel
>>real
>>
>>67507286
This is how I knew Heroes was going to turn to shit. Hiro sees himself once or twice then all of a sudden for plot convenience whenever he goes back in time his old self disappears to God knows where, and they at no point whatsoever explain any of this. And this was in S1. Still pisses me off that people say that was a great season.
>>
>>67507245
black science guy is such a pompous faggot
>>
>>67507385
>>movie has a lot of practical effects
>>"OMG they could have spent some money on CGI those cheap bastards"
i have never heard this argued
>>
>>67507305
Name the plot holes in Primer, Mr. Contrarian
>>
>>67507706
His point was that Primer had no plot holes but plebs hated it anyway
>>
>>67507580
I have.
>>
>>67506915
why would you even try to film something about time travel if you are going to shit everything.
This entire post is bait.
>>
>>67507300
A movie with meme shots.
>>
>>67507300
>muh single takes
>>
>Time travel flick
>Characters have to race against the clock
>>
>>67507706
learn to read before replying please
>>
>>67507560
There's an opinion piece called "Pedantry in Space" that does a good job on summing up why he's an asshole when it comes to dealing with day to day life.
>>
File: 1454870266141.png (13 KB, 917x1186) Image search: [Google]
1454870266141.png
13 KB, 917x1186
>movie is visually beautifully crafted, dialogue and pacing feel natural, characters are interest-
>IT'S BOOORIIINGGG LMAO WHEN DO THEY DO STUFF LIKE WHAT HAPPENS??? XD
>>
its always funny when people pretend to know more about a concept that doesnt even exist.
>>
>>67507286
This. Why is it so hard for some people to differentiate between criticizing consistency or inner logic and realism? Or lack of realism VS. having no stakes because characters are inexplicably immune to serious injuries? You can't argue that the later Fast & Furious movie are boring because there's no sense of danger or urgency (because it's basically a Roadrunner cartoon at this point) without being accused of 'hating fun' or some version of the 'suspension of disbelieve' argument.
>>
>black man walks on screen
>isn't shirtless
>>
>>67507428
>real timetravel
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.