[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Proper stomach-churners
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: goodnight-mommy.jpg (20 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
goodnight-mommy.jpg
20 KB, 640x360
>>
Why was the mother a shapeshifter?
>>
>>67504953
Lol, that bit's never explained

The question should be is Elias really dead or is the mother actually an imposter
>>
>>67504923
This movie is shit.

>8 year old boy with rubber band dart gun manages to overpower a full grown woman

Why doesn't she just slam the fuck out of the lanky fucker?
>>
>>67505141
I actually think the mother was bat shit insane.
>>
>>67505141
>>67506191
If you think it's a question you literally weren't paying attention to the movie

they show him die in the first five minutes. it's just not explicitly said, so autists like you complain that the "twist" at the end is obvious, or debate about it endlessly. It's an immutable fact of the film: Elias is dead, and Lukas is hallucinating him for the duration.
>>
>>67506294
No it's not entirely sure. At the end they are happily wandering around hand in hand. And this "face morphing" thing wasn't explained also. And why would the mother act so strange all the time?
>>
>>67506506
grief
>>
>>67506506
Your argument makes no sense. Lukas continues hallucinating him at the end, so that means he's not a hallucination?

Also, there's a clear, defined explanation for the events of the film if you accept that Elias is dead. Nothing can be explained by "the mom is bonkers". She's not given an in-story reason to behave the way she does were it not for Elias' death. Lukas and her are both responding to their grief over the accident.

As for her face changing, she had facial reconstruction surgery. That's why Lukas doesn't recognize her once the bandages come off. I'm fairly confident that they say that in the film, but I only saw it once, so I may not be entirely correct.
>>
>>67505969
>fully grown woman
>meaning anything
>>
>>67504923
shit movie

anyone who paid attention for 2 seconds wouldve figured out the kid was dead

also no, the mother wasnt an imposter
>>
>>67507767
>anyone who paid attention for 2 seconds wouldve figured out the kid was dead

that's because it's not supposed to be a twist you fucking troglodyte

they spell it out for you at the beginning of the film because they WANT you to know
>>
>>67506294
Haha, calm down bro - I was just saying they're the two available readings
>>
>>67509084
Sure. One of them makes sense and is supported by the events of the film. The other is fan-theory tier retarded.
>>
>>67504923
what movie?
>>
File: Goodnight Mommy.jpg (1 MB, 2025x3000) Image search: [Google]
Goodnight Mommy.jpg
1 MB, 2025x3000
>>67509354
>>
>>67509385
Thanks
>>
>>67504953
was she an ayy lmao?
>>
>>67504923
I would churn his stomach if you know what I mean ;;)
>>
>>67509618
Pederasts get off of my /tv/
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.