[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
memes aside, what did /tv/ think of Eisenberg as Luthor in BvS,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: luthereisenberg.png (437 KB, 881x568) Image search: [Google]
luthereisenberg.png
437 KB, 881x568
memes aside, what did /tv/ think of Eisenberg as Luthor in BvS, I was sceptical before I actually saw the film, but I actually enjoyed the performance honesty; it was something far different from what we've traditionally associated with Lex Luthor, but that didn't necessarily make it bad, as a younger more youthful Luthor, and his ending scene made it all worth the while.
>>
he was fine. they were looking for a mark zuckerberg type so they hired the guy that played mark zuckerberg. Congrats Jesse Eisenberg, you are proficient at playing characters on the spectrum.
>>
>>67504825
I don't know
The way he talks and gesticulating, reminded me of Joker.
>>
Why does /tv/ hate him so much, is it because his autism doesn't stop him from being successful like theirs
>>
He didn't bother me nearly as much as he did other people. Lex Luthor isn't really an interesting character, he probably made the most interesting on screen version to date.
>>
>>67504825
he didn't remind me of lex luthor at all. I really wanted to like this character, but the whole BOYS MMM thing ruined it, and it was downhill after that. Although around the time he goaded superman into fighting batman he sort of redeemed himself
>>
File: DF-09115rsmall.jpg (2 MB, 4045x2713) Image search: [Google]
DF-09115rsmall.jpg
2 MB, 4045x2713
>>67504899

This.
I think he would have been a better Zuckerbergish Lex Luthor if he played him the same way he played Zuckerberg in Social Network, not like people in hollywood think Zuckerberg is.
>>
>>67504899
>>67504899
this
>>
Perfect modern version of Lex, he's the embodiment of the millenial psyche, Social Network allusion included. I can almost picture him shitposting on /tv/.
Literally nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
I liked it. If they went with a comic type Luthor while Batman was older and more grizzled, it would have come across like Lex was an evil Bruce Wayne. The Eisenberg performance felt fresh and I bought that he hated Superman for what he represented.
>>
File: 1468483-lex_luthor_12_super.jpg (170 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
1468483-lex_luthor_12_super.jpg
170 KB, 500x465
>>67504926
>Lex Luthor isn't really an interesting character
He's the only interesting character in Superman, and they fucked it up.
>>
I enjoyed parts
It works better if you envision him as the classic let's son
>>
>>67505065
Eisenberg's version is as interesting as anything they've ever done with Lex in the comics.
>>
Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg, who played Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network and thus personifies the craven millennium) cynically whines about “The oldest lie in America: that power can be innocent.” He even threatens a senator (Holly Hunter) who heads an investigation into Superman’s guilt. Luthor’s obsession with Superman (“He answers to no one. Not even, I think, to God”) reveals envy that is unmistakably demonic; a development that coheres with Snyder’s spiritual-social vision of post–9/11 grief and desire for salvation.
>>
>>67505130
He's a meme spouting lunatic corporately molded to appeal to the same demographic as Nolan Joker. He's not even a character.
>>
>>67505203
I'm sorry that you can not pick up on things that aren't spelled out for you. People complain about movies holding their hands and then bitch when they don't explain every single thing.

Luthor is a scientific genius with a god complex. He is more of a character than joker.
>>
>>67504825
He wasn't that bad actually. At first it's crindgy but later you see it work out well.
>>
>>67505278
Yeah real scientific genius pissing in jars and murdering his assistants.
>>
File: 1442165832791.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1442165832791.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
>>67505328
>mfw Mercy died
I DIDNT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT SUPERMAN DYING BUT WHY HER SNYDER WHY?!?!?!?!
>>
Why did they decide to make a younger Luthor?
He should have been a mature man by the time
>>
Lex did Mercy Graves dirty in the senate hearing.

can't believe he killed her off like that. cold af

also Jimmy Olson death at the very start of the movie. got fucking damn.. zach is a savage.
>>
>>67505417
Literally because Snyder was entertained by Eisenberg's spazzy behavior when they met to discuss Jimmy Olsen.
>>
He was ridiculous and off-tone.
>>
He was purposely hamming it up, which was fun to see.

I'd be lying if I said it was a legitimately good performance though.
>>
>>67505130
Absolutely not. Read Red Son, All-Star Superman, the Black Ring, Forever Evil, or Lex Luthor Man of Steel.
>>
>>67505417

He and Cavill are like the same age though
>>
>>67505504
You mean, he and Clark?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.