[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does gollum refer to himself in the third person and say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: we wants it.jpg (215 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
we wants it.jpg
215 KB, 640x479
Why does gollum refer to himself in the third person and say "us" and "we" when talking about himself? Also why does he talk to himself.

>Pic sort of related, I googled gollum and this was one of the first pics that came up. I have no idea what Gollum has to do with gasoline or chevron
>>
>>67501834
he's smeagle and gollum
did you even watch the movie
>>
As he transitioned from a hobbit to a freak, he went through mental anguish and division. As oil poured into water, his possessed self forms a shell around his true self as he tries to distance himself from the crimes against himself and his friends.
>>
>>67501847
Where did Gollum come from?
>>
Also if you can't understand a simple ad for gas, I don't think you'll ever understand anything at this point. What are you? 8?
>>
>>67501834
tl;dr because he held onto the one ring for so long, Smeagol got really fucked up mentally and forged another side of him and developed split personality disorder, with his other one called Gollum
>>
>>67501951
That's not an ad for gas, that's anti chevron.
>>
>>67502025
Hold up, if he has two personalities that communicate how did both of them forget the name Smeagol?
>>
>>67502025
He actually became Smeagol again but Faramir made Frodo betray him so Gollum came back.
>>
>>67502282
How exactly did Frodo beray him? Frodo saved his life...
>>
File: markymark.jpg (193 KB, 728x409) Image search: [Google]
markymark.jpg
193 KB, 728x409
>have no friends outside the internet
>spending 7 years isolated taking care of my grandpa who has dementia
>only person I can talk to is my mom
>suffer bipolar disorder but not on any meds
>manage to control it and not have so many outbursts
>came up with an entire fantasy world in my mind
>when thinking things over refer to myself as "us" and "we"
>mfw I am gollum
>>
>>67502445
Why don't you seek a doctor for meds?

Xanax makes the world better for me.
>>
>>67502356

Smeagol still thought Frodo b8d him into going there. Gave the Gollum side enough to come back and take over again.
>>
thinks ring is a person.
thinks he isnt himself.
yada yada yada fedoras
>>
>>67502445
>iktfb
>>
>>67501834
Because he was an obvious ripoff of Yoda. The Empire Strikes Back came out in 1980.
>>
>>67502470
benzo is a BIG mistake
>>
>>67502521
If Gollum was put on Lithium do you think his mind would have made a full recovery?
>>
>>67502594
how?

They're certainly not a mistake if you have panic attacks or ocd, and if you like to drink heavily on occasion while not having taken any during that day of drinking it cures a hangover like a water pic to a tomato.
>>
>>67502595
>implying hes inaccurate.
>>
File: ahfdga.jpg (16 KB, 400x380) Image search: [Google]
ahfdga.jpg
16 KB, 400x380
>>67502445

I've been having conversations with myself I can't remember when. Sometimes the conversation last weeks. One time my wife found me having a heated argument with myself while taking a shit, she didn't ask any questions I just kept quiet the whole day

do you think she knows bros? ;_;
>>
>>67502630
you will see

you have to pay the piper and it will be darker than what they temporarily masked for you
>>
>>67501925
His obsession with the wring.
>>
>>67502728
please elaborate as I'm on benzo's and you're talking about my life here. I want to live long and be healthy but anxiety and worry have me on benzo's.
>>
>>67503015
Same and I really recommend against them.

Well the anxiety and depression they mask, will rebound harder when you stop them. Like you feel better on the surface because you are high on drug but underneath its like the anxiety levels will build up and when your body get to release it, it will more intense than if you just rode out the initial anxiety.

Maybe use then for one - two week period if you are at hospitalization levels and then completely stop them permanently.

Another thing is the tolerance levels to benzo rises so fast. Soon what one tab did, you will be taking 10 and barely feeling anything. On top of being highly addictive because they make you feel so good. But the downslide to using them as a crutch is brutal.

They fuck up your things like memory and you will never regain it.
>>
>>67501834
It's because his love for the ring has warped his mind. He (Smeagol) his alter ego that arose from the ring (Gollum) and the ring itself (Sauron.) In his head, he's not speaking to himself, but to the ring. Smeagol has spent so much time talking to Gollum and the ring that in his mind, they are one and the same. Gollum likewise. It's pretty interesting. When Gollum says shit like "we will serve the master of the precious" it's because he himself *is* the precious.

It's pretty interesting actually.
>>
>>67502269
Smeagol thinks Gollum is the ring, and Gollum thinks Smeagol is the ring.
>>
>>67501834
Because he's a gender fluid genius.
>>
>>67503436
>They fuck up your things like memory and you will never regain it.

Isn't that short term memory and not long term memory. meaning events that take place while on the drug are less likely to be encoded into long term memory, but it doesn't devastate your overall long term memory such as time when you're not on the drug, sort of like marijuana?
>>
>>67502716
>do you think she knows bros? ;_;
Depends on WHERE you took the shit.
If it was in the middle of the living room, your SOL.
>>
>>67503597
I do not know the science. While on benzo if you are taking alot you have alcohol like memory loss. But I think this short term damage accumulates from benzo and becomes permanent long term damage to your short and long term memory.
>>
>>67503864
Why does everything that helps you through life have to half some fucking drawback.

Tobacco kills your lungs and heart, alcohol in excess slowly eats away at your liver and gives you hangovers, and THC and Benzos eat away at your memory, can't their be something that has no drawbacks.

It's not like we anxiety sufferers are lazy are brains are legit wired wrong and or have the wrong balance of chemicals. I don't care if it is a crutch I want something to make it through the day and feel normal.
>>
Im at work right now so i dont have the time to say everything i want to say but you really need to listen to this other anons warning about benzos. Please take another look at all your options.
>>
>>67504218
What options?
>>
>>67504104
I know its pretty unfair, they all tend to have drawback that will outweigh the initial benefit and even send you further back than where you started. But it is sad truth there are no real short-cuts and you end up in viscous cycles with them.
The hard road is only other option, you dont have luxury of the quick fix in the hard moment. But long term its the only way to make proper progress. Its the boring shit, eating well balanced, sleeping well, doing regular exercise, slowly desensitizing self to things that make anxious, etc.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.