[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With all the back and forth arguments about whether this movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
With all the back and forth arguments about whether this movie is "good" or "bad," why hasn't anyone mentioned how it's actually rather boring?
>>
>>67501375
Agreed. Needed better pacing. The Batman and Supes parts were great but holy shit Lex just ruins the shit out of this movie so hard.
>>
>>67501375
agreed, needed more quips
>>
File: blunder.png (456 KB, 1284x516) Image search: [Google]
blunder.png
456 KB, 1284x516
Loving every second.
>>
>>67501375
How they tried to make a big conflict between lex and finch was stupid and forced as hell, and lex himself is a cringeworthy character. The movie starts showing potential after the trial and soul searching bullshit ends, but it still leaves so many things the first half brought up unresolved or ignored
>>
Batman vs Superman : QUICK JAM IN AS MANY CHARACTERS SO WE CAN EXPAND OUR DC MOVIE UNIVERSE
>>
What pisses me off, is that when you're actually starting to get invested in a scene, it cuts away to something else. At least Man of Steel took it's time to let things develop.
>>
>>67501375
I was finding way too many problems with the script and editing to be bored.
>>
>>67502758
I guess that's why critics say its tiring. There are so many edit issues alone to write essays about that would make failing film students cream in procrastinating excitement. Being a critic with a name no matter how small, and trying to describe it without ruining what little plot hasn't been shown, would be hell and probably adds frustration to the negative score.
>>
It felt like three plots crammed into one film, while they were also hinting at things to come.
It's like the first 3-4 episodes of 20 episodes. They kept building shit up and there wasn't a satisfying climax.
>>
>>67501375
That's part of "bad" senpai
>>
Okay, here's something I didn't understand:
What was the deal with the unique bullets used in the desert? I get that the whole point was to make Superman look bad and that Louis found out that Lex was behind it since he's the only one who could supply the bullets, but it all felt pointless.

Firstly, Louis never did anything with the information. She always knew that Superman was innocent, she didn't get evidence to prove anything, she didn't warn anyone about Lex... She was grabbed by him to get Superman's attention, which would have happened no matter if the bullet investigation happened or not.
Secondly, why would people think that Superman was responsible for the shooting? He doesn't use guns. Now, if they had some kind of Lex-created laser that could mimic his eye-beams, or some power-glove that could pulverize a person by hitting them, then it might look like Superman's work.

Sure, Louis found out that someone was actively trying to bring Superman down, but that didn't change anything. People distrusted/hated him before.
Did I miss something, or was the entire sub-plot just created to give Louis something to do?
>>
why do you nerds even keep talking about this
batman vs superman is the dumbest idea ever, literally sounds like some 10yo autistic fanfiction
>>
>>67503608
>trying to make sense out of this written by committee turd carnival
Stop hitting yourself.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.