[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got out of a midnight showing of deadpool. Why is this a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 575x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 575x414
Just got out of a midnight showing of deadpool. Why is this a bad movie again guys? I had a decent time watching it.
>>
It's above common Marvel crap because it pretty much abandons the pretense of emotion and goes full quip. Other than that, it's just like all Marvel movies with shitty villain and lots of goons to be disposed of with reckless abandon.
>>
Because reddit liked it
>>
Because everyone on /tv/ is a contrarian and if something is popular it means it's going to get shat on. So it would make sense everyone here "hates" the highest grossing r-rated movie of all time. Shit if anything it should get praised because Mel Gibsons Christshit finally got BTFO.
>>
>>67497482
/tv/ has no problem with deadpool

as long as you don't quote it
>>
look, no one here think it's a bad movie

it's just CAPESHIT. A fun ride but ultimately forgettable. It's a film where the designated audience is composed of 15 year old "my humor is superior to yours" redditors.

now please fuck off.
>>
>>67497660
I'd agree with you, but I don't want to

is paraphrasing fine?
>>
>>67497482
>Why is this a bad movie again guys?
It isn't.
Deadpool was great.
>>
>>67497482
I just saw it too and I liked it.

My only real criticism would be that the bad guys were totally forgettable. It must have been some kind of inside joke when they had Ed Skrein repeat "What's my name?" so many times.

Also, while Colossus looked infinitely better than his appearances in the X-Men movies I have to point out that his arms were amusingly short.
>>
>>67497905
I agree when it comes to the bad guy, such a bland face but he served his purpose well. I admit I really enjoyed seeing him killed at the end after Colossus' good guy speech.
>>
>>67497905
>inside joke
Did you fuck with your phone the whole time or something? The joke was his super villain name is Ajax and hides his real faggy name Francis, and deadpool steals his name tag and finds it out and keeps calling him that.
>>
>>67497981
You're awfully dense, aren't you?
>>
>>67497620
Embracing it though is what made it a memorable movie for me, and whereas 4th wall breaks usually cringe me out, I enjoyed how it was done in this movie.
>>
I just saw it today too OP. All of this edgy teen criticism I think is coming from teens on this board. It is a fairly refreshing experience and I haven't been on /co/ yet but it seems like it stayed true to the comics character. I think this could be a new direction for capeshit to expand to. Violence and sex is always toned down because everyone worries it will bomb, but maybe they'll stop that shit.

I also genuinely like Ryan Reynolds and I think this superhero fit h way better than the fucking Green Lantern. He is literally the only actor I think that would have played Deadpool well.
>>
>>67498043

I think the 1st time he does it is cringey along with the opening credits, but it actually becomes really funny I think about halfway through. Especially when he does the 4th wall break within a 4th wall break.
>>
>>67498118
I think that was the only time where it fell flat for me, actually. It was practically a live action Family Guy moment.
>>
>>67498064
Oh see I was super skeptical of Reynolds before seeing the film, but I can't believe how well he pulled this off. Loved that one quip where deadpool goes "do you think Ryan Reynolds got this far in life on his superior acting skills?"

Also, deadpool asking "McVoy or Stewart" when he was being dragged away by Colossus to meet 'the professor' was a 11/10 quip.
>>
>>67498149

Translating Family Guy humor to live action I think is pretty great in itself as that shit doesn't fly very often.
>>
>>67498167

This shit almost made me want the action scenes to be garbage...but they weren't and meshed well with the rest of the story.

Also can anyone say Handcock was better? I don't know another movie much like this to compare too.
>>
OP, I hope a nigger kills your family
>>
>>67498043
It was basically done Ferris Style where he does it but no one acknowledged it
>>
>>67497482
Because /tv/ found out Reddit liked it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.