[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain why videogames are worse than films/movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1457531767045.jpg (103 KB, 720x1053) Image search: [Google]
1457531767045.jpg
103 KB, 720x1053
Explain why videogames are worse than films/movies
>>
They aren't, except that it's a younger medium. That's it. Both sides run the total spectrum from worst to best.
>>
>>67496588

We don't want your medium-tempered opinions here, faggot.
>>
>>67496487
why? probably because its main target audience is 14 year old boys.
>>
>>67496487
They aren't. No medium has an inherent superiority over another.
>>
Because the videogame industry is full of failed writers that weren't competent enough to write a book or screenplay.

I mostly play games for the anime tiddies tbqh
>>
Cause most games are shit and come out unfinished and do the expansion DLC shit.
>>
>>67496487

Because video games come out with DLC/patches/expansions while movies are an all-in-one deal.
>>
>>67496689
>>67496588
>>67496774
hey it's reasonable people
bit of a rarity around here

I like videogames for what they are: interaction with a fantasy universe
I like movies for what they are: an experience of a fantasy universe

movies tend to portray the universe much better and have better dialogue, but they lack the interaction. Books have even better realized fantasy worlds and better storytelling but aren't a visual medium and require more time.

Each form of entertainment does something well, and none of them have been able to deliver a truly perfect experience just yet

still waiting for VR 360 degree movies you can move around in and dynamically experience.
will probably be waiting another 10 years for that
>>
>>67496727
Wrong. It's also truly ironic to see you post that considering 80% of /tv/ threads are walking dead/GoT/capeshit/Star Wars.
>>
>>67496956
lol no it's definitely true unless you factor in all iphone games then you expand it to "14 year old boys and bored soccer moms"
>>
>>67496956
he's actually not wrong
maybe the average is like 16 but still
>>
>>67496689
Suck my fucking dick, you bring that shit around here again and I'll poop in your fucking cereal.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.