[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Speed Racer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Speed_racer_movie_poster.jpg (828 KB, 1592x2358) Image search: [Google]
Speed_racer_movie_poster.jpg
828 KB, 1592x2358
Did anyone else enjoy this?
>>
It was ok. Would have been better in drugs, but I'm not into that. Maybe you are? That's my take on it.
>>
>>67492130
I just really enjoyed it, I saw it in theaters when it first came out and saw it recently, for some reason I enjoyed it a lot both times
>>
It was comfy
>>
>>67492075
It was good, could have been great without the stupid kid and the monkey
>>
>>67492075
I loved it but I always enjoy a movie or show with a racing plot. The sense of speed in this movie is incredible and itreally needs to be seen on the biggest screen possible with the sound up loud. If any of that sounds stupid then Speed Racer probably isn't for you.
>>
>>67492075
Yeah. It's a stupid, stupid movie, but it's fun.

It's big mistake is that it came out at or around the same time as Iron Man. That sealed its fate.
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (499 KB, 475x200) Image search: [Google]
giphy (2).gif
499 KB, 475x200
OP here
I honestly wish they could have come up with a sequel, the thought of racing scenes with even better visuals just gets me hyped
>>
This is the movie a lot of people told me to watch first when I got a blu-ray player and it blew my mind.
>>
Big fan of the original cartoons here. Most of my friends who saw this told me to avoid it like the plague.

The people who said it was good, how familiar were you with the TV series or was this your first introduction to Speed?

I was told it was ruined by Hollywood. Is this correct?
>>
I ignored my gf wanting to make out in the theater to watch it closer
>>
>>67492075
Trippy af but that makes it enjoyable

Wasn't a huge fan of Spritle and Chim Chim, but they were big parts of the show so I was okay with it.

Also DAT FINAL RACE
>>
>>67492900
I liked both.

Movie is the closest a live action can get to a cartoon.
>>
>>67492900
From what I understand this is the most accurate cartoon-to-movie adaptation ever. I didn't watch the show but I LOVED the movie
>>
>>67492075
yes, the last race was fuggin epic too.
>>
Fun as hell. Not to be taken seriously. Its basically the cartoon in live action.
>>
>>67492900

I watched the cartoon growing up and this movie is perfect. It captures all the heart and sincerity of the show while still being just serious enough when it needs to. It has several genuinely moving parts to it.
>>
>>67492900
Watched the show, and even read the fucking manga. It is probably the most perfect an adaptation can be. It displays a perfect understanding of the source material (not implying there is much to understand) and how to translate the strengths (and weaknesses) of the source material to a completely different format.
>>
>>67492900
I heard Emile Hirsch watched every episode of Speed Racer to prepare for the role of Speed, seems like they actually cared for this movie.
>>
Own it on blu-ray. I like its unabashed cartoony feel-good style. It's a fun movie to have on in the background.
>>
>>67493257
>>67493270
>>67493196
>>67493106
>>67493067

Thanks all. I appreciate the replies. I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>67493051
I get chills every time I see it to this day
>>
>>67492075
Yeah, but you have to be in the right mood for a stylized film.
>>
>>67492900
I grew up on re-runs of the original, and liked the movie... Only thing I didn't like was the Mach 6... They should've stuck with the Mach 5.
>>
>>67492075
If only Hollywood could made a Gundam or a Macross movie like this but more serious.
>>
I loved the special effects.

I love how the movie took itself seriously instead of being some dumb quip-filled piece of shit.

Sincere filmmaking is underappreciated in american movies right now. This one was unfairly trashed.
>>
>>67492075
>They pent it against iron man
suicide.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.